Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.9
8.1
8.1

> In reply to KarthickSen @ 2015-06-02 14:47 from 2C{B - click to readand yes, I am using p605 you may be using different one to get better performance.

• 2015-06-05 20:24
  • 9BPx

> In reply to KarthickSen @ 2015-06-02 14:47 from 2C{B - click to readAs a user, why should I bother which OS (IOS or android) I am using. There should be an abstraction. I will always look for ease of use rather than getting into complexity of OS. When I say loosing charge without use I mean to say I just dont touch both the devices for said hrs. Now what should really go in the background is complete hibernation or clocks disabled or throttled down to save power no matter how many apps were opened, that's what I believe the power management to happen. I think the way power is managed between iPad and Note is different and does matter. I have also realized that charging current of Note is much higher compared to ipad. Seems like Note current consumption is much higher compared to iPad.

• 2015-06-05 20:17
  • 9BPx

> In reply to eli @ 2015-06-03 04:27 from vx0{ - click to readgood for you mate. I would've considered the note pro if only they had a 10.1 version of it. 12.2 inch is too big for me i guess :D

• 2015-06-04 00:46
  • 2C{T

> In reply to KarthickSen @ 2015-06-02 14:47 from 2C{B - click to readOne correction. The charging time is 3.5 - 4 hrs...

• 2015-06-03 10:53
  • 2C{$

I had mine for almost 2 years now, and i'm still very contented with it. Very good battery, very good resolution, etc. I've tried other tablets/phones of other brands before so i know what i'm saying. I still wont exchange mine to other new released tablets..

• 2015-06-03 04:27
  • vx0{

> In reply to mahesh @ 2015-05-31 16:26 from rgg6 - click to readagain, how ignorant can you be?. because, except the battery & charging issues, everything else is just a comparison between android and ios, personally i can give you 100 complaints on ios, but whats the point. Lets stick to your device specific issues, shall we.

Now, i did as you said and after 8 hrs, the battery was 93%( i play game of war, clash of clans, boom beach with multiple accounts, just for the record). Yours could be lower then that, but 70-80% suggests you have alot of background activity going on or something else is wrong. Ipad does have a better battery life but your claim about the note's battery life is either inaccurate or specific to your device only. I can say that with confidence based on your issues with charging.

My note charges from less then 10% to 100% in 2.5 to 3 hrs (while on and i can be sure because my usage demands charging every day). longer if i keep using it while charging. I use the same charger that came with the device. if your claim of 6-8hrs is true, iam really not sure why you haven't gotten it checked (2 years warranty if iam not wrong).

Frankly speaking (based on your claims), ipad would be a better choice for you, not because its better (again, i dont want to get into the android vs ios debate), but because it suits you better.

• 2015-06-02 14:47
  • 2C{B

> In reply to KarthickSen @ 2015-05-30 04:37 from 2C}x - click to readWell I don't comment without experiencing anything. Here are my points to justify
1. Charge ipad & note to 100%. Check after 8 hrs of no use. You will realize ipad will be almost 98% while note will be between 70 to 80%.
2. Ipad will take 2 -3 hrs to charge from 0 to 100% note will take 6 - 8 hrs.
3. For looking into picture galary ipad is too easy while note it's a big exercise .
4. Every time I sAve a photo on ipad it goes to photo galary in note I don't know which folder it saves you have to look for it.
5. Most of Facebook interface is too easy to use on ipad while on note it's tough.
I can't explain lot of UI experience which is a hell on note.

• 2015-05-31 16:26
  • rgg6

> In reply to mahesh @ 2015-05-21 13:49 from 9BPx - click to readHow ignorant can you be? surface is more of a laptop replacement which is a different product category in essence. Apple never drops their price cause, well its apple, when have you seen them sell for a reasonable price. Samsung products get cheaper every year only because they release the next version every year (in the Note 10.1's cause, the note pro). Above all, If you are gonna call it a junk, justify it from your own perspective of quoting some sales figure

• 2015-05-30 04:37
  • 2C}x

> In reply to dabsyl @ 2015-05-25 09:46 from fuNh - click to readnothing mate. Tablets require a 2.1A power output for optimal charging. Your computer's USB (even 3.0 if you consider) wont output that much power. So you cant charge it that way. Get a 2 meter or more cable, makes it easier to use while charging...

• 2015-05-30 04:02
  • 2C}x

I want to ask is it normal for this tab to drain 3% only for 4minutes of playing coc and drain 6% for playing plant vs zombies?

And why my tab screen flash for less than a seconds and the simcard not detected for a while?

Can anyone help me?

• 2015-05-26 22:07
  • PA7E

the device is awesome, but please can only charge the battery in direct power only ,but doesnt charge via a computer USB port ,what can be done please guy

• 2015-05-25 09:46
  • fuNh

This is a piece of junk. Pay little more and buy surface or buy iPad, you will be more happier. Most of the posts here seem to be posted by Samsung marketing team. I have used this for 14 months now and I am very very disappointed. Compare the prices of Note : iPad : Surface during last one year, Surface is most stable while iPad has fallen by 20% and Note by 37%. if you disagree burn your fingers.

• 2015-05-21 13:49
  • 9BPx

I love it. I have used mine for a year now. But my drawbacks on this device include: very slow battery charge of up to 18 hours single charge; no update for the old 4.3 Jelly Bean OS.

• 2015-05-19 13:29
  • r3He

> In reply to sammy123 @ 2015-03-29 17:08 from rgg6 - click to read Nonsense. Exact opposite experience here. Its like...whats an ipad? now we've used a 2014 note.

• 2015-05-05 23:48
  • sXJd

> In reply to Kai @ 2015-01-18 06:52 from tVqW - click to readNo it is not true.Some of the showrooms told me that too but you can see in the company's official website that it is very much available,so i ordered mine from flipkart.

• 2015-04-24 19:48
  • rKGm

I have been using this tablet for about 2 months now.battery is awesome but it has a lag when i tap the centre button to come on.atleast 2 second lag.but im not here for specs.my question is it is running from the factory on Jellybean.i want to know when is Kitkat or Lollipop update coming out for it.im from South Africa

• 2015-04-17 14:45
  • N9qJ

Is there SIM card provision for use of whatsapp and messaging services

• 2015-04-17 13:54
  • jGLB

Is samsug is going new tabs?

• 2015-04-16 22:54
  • 605H

i have a similar problem!
what is the solution? changing battery???

• 2015-04-16 07:29
  • B}0L

Please I want to buy a tablet but I am confused between Samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition 3G and Samsung galaxy tab pro 10.1.
Both are seems good for me but I want your opinions hardly and as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance

• 2015-04-15 18:34
  • fqh%
Total of 1037 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition).