Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.3
7.4
7.4

Got my Kitkat update via OTA here in the Philippines....still exploring the new OS

• 2014-06-23 20:48
  • t7Cm

Guys... Please think very carefully and research before upgrading to 4.4.2. In my personal opinion it is infact a downgrade. A few things work better. But many features, such as multiwindow, allowed triggers on automateit app, become worse. Further there is no point of such a large notification panel. Finally, once you upgrade, you cannot downgrade or flash a new ROM.

I am regretting that I upgraded my device, and I will gladly trade my 4.4.2 device with someone who's device still runs 4.1.2 ...

• 2014-06-22 16:45
  • X{xf

Can anyone tell me how to screenshot/capture screen with this new Kitkat upgrade? I have no idea.

• 2014-06-21 18:24
  • tDMy

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-05-23 18:39 from t7Xk - click to readProbably you should try to buy new charger. Mine was like that too, then my friend gave me the Tab's charger which is compatible and I got my battery 100% charged in 3-4 hours only. I also bought a new one for n8000 and it works well too.

• 2014-06-21 18:22
  • tDMy

Today on 20 june i updated my device, but i did not like it,
1---- navigation button has come in lower middle portion which is completely pointless.
2----- The notification pannel is just taking entire screen, now what is point in covering the entire big screen with notification.
3----- all time except media and game, in landscape mode you will be getting little less working space that is due to notification at top 2 to 3mm space is always covered with black stripe, while browsing it is really annoying

• 2014-06-20 10:35
  • u7Y9

updated to kitkat andhrapradesh india works fine :)

• 2014-06-19 05:06
  • ITnb

after kitkat update in india it working fine but major drop back is battery draining to fast .

• 2014-06-18 17:41
  • ITmj

> In reply to badass @ 2014-06-07 11:18 from TgYa - click to readWhere do we do this in 4.4.2?

• 2014-06-18 07:49
  • fCxa

> In reply to charith @ 2014-06-12 04:47 from IWRb - click to readThe multi - window is a bit of a down grade. Earlier in cascade mode you could open more than 2 Windows. Now you are limited to 2. Also calculator is not a multi-window app anymore.

• 2014-06-18 07:47
  • fCxa

> In reply to blacks @ 2014-06-17 15:17 from ut}5 - click to readCan you post the link of the multi window app?
Don't we have immersive mode?

• 2014-06-18 04:18
  • IWRM

for those who have not got the kitkat.. go dwonload the firmware from xda and flash it via odin ... btw the german version has airview . to get multiwindow feature as like in the previous version .. root and install multiwindow app .. by making some mere changes in build.prop you'll get even better notification toggles and recent apps... ;)

• 2014-06-17 15:17
  • ut}5

How can update my n8000 through kies

• 2014-06-17 13:51
  • N9A$

recentlly udated my gt n8000 to kitkat 4.4.2 800.80mb after a long time this device get an ota update

• 2014-06-14 14:41
  • 7j@r

One more thing.
After update, SD card support in 3rd party file explorers is BROKEN.

• 2014-06-14 11:18
  • PGki

Updated, works fine.
Full screen album art missing.

• 2014-06-14 09:33
  • PGki

Still the update has not arrived to Singapore, Malaysia purchased devices :( Samsung malaysia is very late in updating the device :(

• 2014-06-14 04:57
  • IWSh

Done updating to Kit Kat.
Nice interface. Touch keys moved to center, Notification moved to top.
Shortcut key for screen shot is missing.

• 2014-06-12 15:47
  • u1DI

Just started updating my device here in India OTA. It's a 800.80 MB file.

• 2014-06-12 11:55
  • u1DI
  • F

Well in India, the kitkat update pops up in the device only...
kies still says there is no update.. so kitkat for n8000 is not officially released it seems.

• 2014-06-12 08:35
  • Khux

The update received is around 800 MB and took 20 mins to install. After the update, there is a noticeable improvement in performance. As suggested in the replies below, the notification panel has gone up, and there are 3 touch icons below instead of 4. The UI response is really smooth. Added language support is cool. All in all, a very sweet update. I thought of selling my 2012 edition to buy 2014 one but I can hold on for long now. I did cut a ticket and asked them kitkat update tentative release date but they answered diplomatically saying they have no idea about the release. All in all, everything went good and no issues seen as of now..

• 2014-06-12 06:32
  • M6VM
Total of 1981 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000.