Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo Duos - user opinions and reviews

1194164

6.4
6.3
6.5

One thing I really hate on samsung midrange device is the lack of corning gorilla glass for the their screen protection. If I accidentally drop this phone to a concrete floor then I would say goodbye and buy another one.

• 2014-08-19 13:38
  • t7E2

> In reply to Tygen Tan @ 2014-08-19 07:25 from ibn% - click to readWhat is the battery back up of note 3 Neo if I always on my data

• 2014-08-19 12:09
  • rASZ

I am am using this Note 3 neo duos. I would give 4.5 out of 5 stars for this device.
Samsung NOTE series is always my most favorite device as to my work and life. I switch my note 2 to note 3 duos because of the dual sim for my personal and work sim card.

Good thing about this device:

1.) Performance:
very smooth device and I haven't experience any app crashes, however I do notice some delaying after a long day work. compare with my previous note 2, I would think my note 2 work better. But however, if comparing to note 3 that my sister and my girlfriend is using, note 3 neo runs better than note 3 as my girlfriend and my sister both experience app crashes very often (from once a day to few times a day)

2.) S Note
S note is the main reason I get attach to this device. The S Note of this version is upgraded from note 2 generation. They keep the S Note cleaner and simpler while advance features still remains on reach.
Another thing I love about the current version of S NOTE is it finally able to synchronize with PC with downloadable app from samsung. You can read and edit from your PC.

3.) duos (dual sim)
While I needed a dual sim phone, I was initially got myself a SONY XPERIA E. the dual sim mode of SONY is NOT user friendly. Everytime I want to make a call I need to make sure I am selecting the right sim before I press the call button. In result, I made few calls with the wrong sim card. In other hand, I think Samsung UI does a very great job on this dual sim. I can customize my background while I choose different sim card, and it allows 1 sim card as the main card for all outgoing call. With this, I never made calls with my personal sim card to my business name list.

What I don't like or I think there's room for improvement for this device is:
1.) Many features and specification had been removed
a) NFC
b) Infrared (Note 3 and note 3 neo does have this)
c) Radio
d) HDMI/TV output (haven't tried, I read from the spec from gsmarena)
I don't really use these features though and I think they took them off to enhance the performance as dual sim device normally will have lagging experience while this device don't or not that obvious.

2.) Phone call delays
Although the phone's performance works fine; I still experience few seconds delay while making phone call some times. I not sure the cause of it as it could be the carrier service's fault

3.) Phone log/book display error
The name shown up will mixed up for those who having same number at the back. For example:
Mr A is 0128888888 and Mr B is 0178888888 (both saved inside my phone contact with different name, but while I receiving call from 0178888888, the screen display Mr A. This could be annoying and confusing sometimes.

4.) S Planner (lost of insert picture and s note features)
In note 2, grand phone that I used before; I was able to add photos and convert s note to image into s planner while I can't do this in Note 3 neo duos. Then I noticed that this goes similar to note 3.

5.) S Note widget
I always keep a page of my S Note on home screen in note 2 and grand as for daily activities note. In this device, I am not able to do that. the S note widget features can't let me put a contains of a page of my S Note on home screen display anymore. This goes same to note 3 as well. I think this might be another method they did to improve the performance.

• 2014-08-19 07:25
  • ibn%

Which is good Note 2 or note 3 Neo

• 2014-08-19 06:15
  • 9x4K

No one only can hace 3g connectivity

• 2014-08-18 15:33
  • fXxS

not so bad but could do better on the display

• 2014-08-17 05:25
  • Trng

Is the duos run both 3G connectivity at a Same time???

• 2014-08-16 05:36
  • XNmF

Is it available in malaysia?? Officially imported by samsung malaysia??

• 2014-08-15 07:11
  • K1KV

I purchased it to days back from eBay and to compare it with Sony xperia to ultra it's much faster yes camera is not as per expectations but more on internal storage memory gives it a more added advantage. Battery life is good Sony also had good battery life
DDrawback is Sony is a bit bulky 6' to carry is heavier than n3duos 5.5

• 2014-08-15 04:14
  • KxK$

Is it infra red?

• 2014-08-14 09:08
  • KIwx

> In reply to amir @ 2014-08-12 12:32 from vGdW - click to readThanku so much, wil i get the bill n how is the performance and sound output of this phone, any problem do v have as the sar value is high plz advice

• 2014-08-13 23:20
  • 2Zd{

> In reply to [deleted post]It will never be released in india. Buy it from eBay. its available

• 2014-08-13 14:02
  • PMTk

can you tell me about root , i want root program please . thanks

• 2014-08-13 11:41
  • nC{n

i bought this product from ebay india for rs. 27950... i will say i am saisfied , as it is definitely not as gr8 as note 3 but definitely far better than note 2... for a dual sim luxury 8 mp camera is acceptable.

• 2014-08-12 12:32
  • vGdW

Can u tell me abt ram in neo ??I need to knw that Hw much ram is remaining after clean ram

• 2014-08-11 16:45
  • rKwQ

> In reply to Saeed @ 2014-08-04 10:00 from au@m - click to readNo need. This phone is same specs of note2

• 2014-08-11 08:59
  • v0qZ

Iam ask

• 2014-08-11 07:24
  • Nq0}

when will this phone receive kitkat update

• 2014-08-10 11:07
  • ftw$

Will dis phone launch in india plz any1 reply

• 2014-08-10 04:11
  • 2Zd{

no 3g only

• 2014-08-08 16:23
  • 6w1X
Total of 378 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo Duos.