Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.5
6.9
6.9

Guys , i flashed carbon rom on it . My battery life has gone up around 150% . I have no idea how

• 2014-09-18 13:48
  • ttwW

> In reply to abers @ 2014-09-14 22:25 from pBiN - click to readGo to accesibility and uncheck negative colors,u might have checked accidentaly causing the negative colors of photos.hope it helps

• 2014-09-17 13:05
  • t7Xk

Help... i have a samsung gakaxy note 8. I am overseas and its losing charge at about l0% per hour. In trying to fix i somehow have stuffed display up. It now show photos like negatives, background colour is black etc. I hate it. How can i fix. I am not very tech savvy so need simple instructions.

• 2014-09-14 22:25
  • pBiN

I have to charge at lease three times a day

• 2014-09-11 14:04
  • LBi2

If you email exchange not update. Please recheck at notification bar and sync must be actived.

• 2014-09-11 04:44
  • vFJI

No problem with the gadget, but the battery lifetime is s##k. Not merely a year i used it, and i had to charge 3 times a day. The battery are drained so fast.

• 2014-09-07 14:49
  • vV5G

> In reply to ryuzaki92 @ 2014-08-26 16:21 from PBU0 - click to readplease tell me how much time does battery stay on continuous work on the Internet before rooting and after rooting?

How many hours does it last on continuous games such as subway and candy crush?

• 2014-09-03 07:39
  • Mfxb

Guys, I have an issue with my exchange email set up in my Note 8. It was working prefectly until the eaxchange email Suddenly i stopped after updating the latest software update, around two months ago. I deleted the account and been trying to set it up again and once the credentials are entered I get this stupid black screen " unfortunately, the email has stopped"!. I have cleaned up the memory and cashe with no success. Samsung service center in saudi and egypt were not of any help and said that this might be an exchange sever issue. I did explain that the same email is working prefectly fine in my Galaxy S, but they couldn't help. I have tried also the forums which seemed that many other havr the same issue but couldn't really get a straight fix...Appreciate the help

• 2014-09-02 21:48
  • fkeW

• 2014-09-02 21:44
  • fkeW

So disappointed with my note 8 its battery doesnt last long..it doesnt last even 4hrs of continued use..

• 2014-09-02 14:59
  • t7$x

> In reply to Guide @ 2014-08-27 03:10 from 6Qfk - click to readThank you very much and I already decided to accept the offer

• 2014-08-28 02:08
  • Mfxb

> In reply to yas @ 2014-08-09 21:52 from 64H% - click to readi have same issue... i already owned samsung galaxy note 10.1 n8000 and it has super battery but when i compared the specifications with my samsung galaxy note 8.0 i found the note 8.0 is much better... i am wendering why it is not stabled like my previous

• 2014-08-27 08:03
  • pX7H

> In reply to bassemtaha @ 2014-08-22 23:49 from Mfxb - click to readAccept the offer with eyes closed.... ;)

• 2014-08-27 03:10
  • 6Qfk

after rooting my Note 8.0 LTE remove all the unwanted bloatware, install greenify + battery docto...Battery life on my Note 8.0 is Awesome :3

• 2014-08-26 16:21
  • PBU0

> In reply to safty @ 2014-06-26 04:11 from Nqpm - click to readI'm from Egypt too and I've tab 3 now and after 2 months I'll have note 8 as a present from Saudi Arabia so I want your opinion in note 8
Shall I accept the present or ask my sister to change it?

• 2014-08-22 23:49
  • Mfxb

> In reply to miberg @ 2014-08-08 22:51 from a4Pw - click to readhi , I have been using the galaxy note 2 and am in love with it and just recently got the galaxy note 8 , I can put a sim card in it! I read you can use yours as a phone, ? thats so neat,:)

• 2014-08-10 02:33
  • Isu1

my battery charging very fast and losing also very fast..within one hour full charge is draining..any solution

• 2014-08-09 21:52
  • 64H%

> In reply to Igiiiiiii @ 2014-08-04 21:18 from t7%9 - click to readMine is n5100.. need around 3hour to fully charge from 0%

• 2014-08-09 07:54
  • tufx

I've been using my n5120 8.0 tablet for about 2 month so far. Absolutely in love with it. Best device i've had so far.

Probably, i'm the only user to use it like a phone! So far i've been using it like my primary and only phone. I carry a little bag with me where i put my wallet, sunglasses etc, and there goes the Note too. Most times it's convenient enough, except for occasions i go running/dancing - when i have to leave the phablet behind, cause it's too clunky - can't put it on my arm (!) like i used with galaxy s2, while running. The ideal solution for this is probably a smartwatch. Maybe even a smartwatch with a sim.

My primary use of the tablet is a notebook. Since i bought it, i stopped using paper to write down. Using samsung note software to create full-size notebooks at work with the pen. I then back up those files to gdrive automatically. For paper-haters, like me, it's a life saver! The pen works really well. Samsung's software is very neat. It can recognize handwritten staff and convert to typed symbols.

The battery life is a downside. When i use it at work, writing with s-pen for about 8 hours (some of it with screen on) the battery is over at about 17.00, even before the day is over. I wish there were some battery saving feature for note taking. I guess, i'll buy an external battery accumulator to solve it, cause when you rely on your tablet at your primary tool for everything incl. business, you can't afford to have it shut down with no power. Probably an average user will have a 1 full day of battery, but no more than that.

One comment i met in reviews, about the low screen resolution, in my view, is a bullshit. The screen is amazing, very bright and clear, you will love it, no matter what other devices have out there.

Camera works well so far. In too month of use haven't been to dark places, where flash would be needed, so didn't suffer from the lack of flash. This was the biggest issue for me before buying, but now very happy i gave up on flash. Anyway i have my old galaxy s 2 with flash if needed. I'm note a photography heavy user, anyway.

2MB of RAM is amazing. Note never freezes/lags as my galaxy s2 used to do so many times, when ran out of memory. The RAM counter stays around 1.2 after cleaning RAM, with only a few apps at the background, and around 1.5-1.6 at use. S2 would've crashed long ago, with fewer apps at the background. So 2GB of RAM at least is a must! (i have more than 60 apps on the Note)

The screen is huge, have 4 times more screen space than i had on my s2 phone! Excellent for browsing, video watching, writing, of course.

You'll need a case to protect it and i suggest the one that keeps both sides of it protected, a book style case, for example. This tablet doesn't have gorilla glass, so better protect the screen!

Bottom line: super recommended for note-takers/paper-haters/business oriented users etc! Great for productivity and pleasure combined

• 2014-08-08 22:51
  • a4Pw

hi guys
i dont know if i put the sim card in the wrong way and may be i have damaged the sim tray or what but the samsung galaxy n5120 now its not reconising the sim it reads "insert sim" can someone help.thanks guys

• 2014-08-08 14:08
  • IaHx
Total of 1131 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.