Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 - user opinions and reviews

6.9

Does it have NFC?

• 2013-07-05 19:45
  • B}dT

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-04 10:18 from tT{7 - click to readYes, you could connect a USB 3G modem but with much work.

You need to root your device.
Install PPP Widget.
Download the driver for the modem.
Configure SuperUser so that it will read the driver.

Frankly, it's a lot of bother. The instruction isn't simple. If I were you, get an Android smartphone to wifi tether than that dongle or a wireless modem. A smartphone is more practical and gives you the option to sms at least.

• 2013-07-05 08:25
  • v0qJ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-04 10:18 from tT{7 - click to readDo not think so. the port will not power your dongle, nor the drivers to support your dongle

Buy mifi and throw that dongle away is only sensible choice.

• 2013-07-05 04:48
  • PGXj

is all galaxy note 8.0 has sim card slot?

• 2013-07-04 10:21
  • tYBE

> In reply to TheNeighbor @ 2013-07-04 01:16 from v0qJ - click to readThanks for this - actually, my office provides internet dongle with 3g connection - my own sim (the one that I plan to use in my device) has a 2g scheme but I would at times need to use the 3g dongle - is it possible to connect through a dongle while using some other sim?

• 2013-07-04 10:18
  • tT{7

guys, is skype working smoothly and the video is good? thanks

• 2013-07-04 04:26
  • sRjV

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-03 11:42 from tT{7 - click to readJust slide in the SIM card in to the slot for 3G connection. Not much point for a 3G dongle unless you only have a wifi version.

• 2013-07-04 01:16
  • v0qJ

> In reply to Aurel @ 2013-06-23 14:43 from 0ZJS - click to readyes it have s voice

• 2013-07-03 18:28
  • PSxd

Thanks I will get note 8.0 next week
THANKS

• 2013-07-03 17:10
  • Kxvr

> In reply to CyberPinoy @ 2013-06-28 12:47 from PUpT - click to readYes it has that feature, you can find it at more settings under the settings.

• 2013-07-03 15:24
  • fmgi

Hi, can anyone tell me if we can use internet dongles to connect to internet on this device? one of the saleman at a store was telling me that there is micro - usb cable unavailable in the market that can make this possible - is it true? has anyone tried it? thanks

• 2013-07-03 11:42
  • tT{7

How about battery consumption?
Note 8 got adobe flash browser?

• 2013-07-03 09:17
  • tufx

I already have 10.1Tab for one year it is not comfort to carry and last week i bought 5100tab this one is better than that and easy to handle...

• 2013-07-02 18:27
  • vGkg

> In reply to ALAN @ 2013-07-01 18:08 from Kxvr - click to readNote 8 button placement is better ( JB 4.2 giant phone UI)

Note 8 is easier to hold on mobile

Note 8 has better pixel density

At the expense of ~3k less battery and 2 inch of extra space.

Good deal is Note 8. IMO

• 2013-07-02 10:35
  • PGXj

i think better note 8" but i have in mine some problem down with the software but this tab is good for browsing & game & phone in same time not that much big and easy to hold it

• 2013-07-02 07:40
  • fvB@

I like to know which note is best 10.1 or 8.0 .I am thing to buy please help me
Thanks

• 2013-07-01 18:08
  • Kxvr

> In reply to Akhter @ 2013-06-30 18:43 from PxkK - click to readOver 2 months later, I find the Note 8's key features, S Pen and bigger screen complement, my Note II. The Note II is my primary unit with unlimited data to tether the 8 when I need to work on some drawing, watch or Internet browse.

When commuting, the Note II is pretty handy, while the 8 is something when you're in the office or somewhere you're idle.

I have recently discovered some remote control apps that are fairly working while pairing both for presentations or entertainment, one connected to a projector or TV with the HDMI connector.

You need to root though. One is DroidMote (paid), that basically enables one device as a trackpad or mouse pointer for the other via bluetooth or wifi connection. Another one is RemoDroid (free, beta) that incredibly mirrors whatever is on screen, except there is a noticeable slight lag. The official AllShareCast dongle still is the best, but I'm using what I have at the moment since I spent on an HDMI to VGA adaptor.

• 2013-06-30 19:36
  • v0qJ

I'm using this note 8.0(N5100) last one month.

Everything is amazing, but I feel missing-

1. No led indicator for charging /missed call /sms /mms /Email.

2. No camera flash.

3. All downloaded apps stored in internal memory as un moveable.

4. Low volume in multimedia mood.

5. No NFC

6. No FM Radio.

7. No scratch proof glass.

Out of those things its outstanding in performance.

• 2013-06-30 18:43
  • PxkK

I will buy this device next week! I hope this device has a long lasting battery compare to the galaxy tab 7.0plus,whole of galaxy tab family,galaxy tab 7.7 has a long lasting battery,hope note 8.0 just like that

• 2013-06-29 13:15
  • RIEW

heyy guys i wana buy galaxy note 8.0. plz share ur reviews of this device. do tell me the cons of it... thanks a lot. m w8ing :)

• 2013-06-29 09:09
  • tUqG
Total of 1029 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.