Samsung Galaxy Note I717 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.5

> In reply to T-rex @ 2012-03-13 00:49 from Y9kb - click to readYes Trex this is normal and you werent cheated. All that used RAM the 500+ you spoke of is all the preloaded apps and extras that carriers and device manufactures put on there running in the background. The 200+ that doesnt show up i believe is reserved for OS and kernel stuff... Dont let the 200 or so of free memory discourage you either. This isnt like a windows desktop OS, that as less memory is available, performance suffers. Android handles and use memory completely differently than you might be used to if you have only used windows OS. If you want more memory try a custom rom from a site like XDA that has all the bloatware removed. Most ROM devs remove as many unnecessary apps and services they can to increase all available memory. And trust me 200mb of free memory is still a good amount. Most apps only use a few megabytes to run anyway so unless you run an additional 30 or more apps simultaneously I wouldnt worry about it. Oh yeah Andriod auto closes un/least used background apps if needs to free up more memory on demand so... youre all good

• 2012-03-19 14:16
  • j@xx

For those of you concerned that the phone is too big just to check for simple notifications, buy the Sony Smartwatch to complement your big display phone that can stay in your pocket or bag or glovebox.

• 2012-03-19 09:44
  • tUqv

does it have a video calling via skype?

• 2012-03-19 08:10
  • u1tM

> In reply to T-rex @ 2012-03-13 00:49 from Y9kb - click to readyep, I was feeling that way to ! and its my second gnote from rogers, lite bug whit the spen !

• 2012-03-17 09:07
  • T2%i

Does anyone have problem with the screen, mine become realy hot on top when i use internet or played games?

• 2012-03-16 17:58
  • xLi{

> In reply to Abu Hanifah @ 2012-03-14 12:14 from 0BRm - click to readAre you crazy what about buying yourself a bluethooth device?? And why answer a phone call while driving are you nuts or somethng? And btw i own a galaxy note phone and i don't have any problems with the size of the phone

• 2012-03-16 08:58
  • qLxN

> In reply to Abu Hanifah @ 2012-03-14 12:14 from 0BRm - click to readfirst off you shouldn't be talking on the phone and driving at the same time. Secondly there is voice calling on it so it's seems more like user error rather than bashing the phone.

• 2012-03-14 23:23
  • Q5TM

I used this Galaxy Note for a week or so, and its surely having good and competent features. But the problem is that its becoming too big and especially while driving my Car, when i need to make emergency calls with one hand, it becomes quite uncomfortable... I feel that this is more like a tablet than a phone... So I just sold it out and bought a new iPhone4s..

Guys, note that my hand is smaller than the average size, so maybe it became a personal problem for me.. But, you can cross-check the Galaxy Note size and try to use the phone with one hand.. If you really think that your hand is big enough for the phone, just go for it.. otherwise, opt for S2 or iPhone4s...

• 2012-03-14 12:14
  • 0BRm

yes it is amaging....

• 2012-03-13 04:15
  • vwes

I bought this phone in Canada with Rogers and I realy like it. What I do not understand is. The spec says 1gb of ram but the phone says 732mb and 522 is already in use. Is this typical of all ram on cell phones? I feel cheated and am not sure if I should return it. Usually 1 gb mean 1024 mb

• 2012-03-13 00:49
  • Y9kb

I bought Galaxy Note in December & my battery life is only 6-7 hours on medium usage since then. Earlier i thought it would be because of the heavy screen and all until i came across a friends handset which is giving him 17-22 hours on same usage. I tried contacting the service center & the manager there is trying to convince me that the Note has only 2 hours of battery back up. This is shit! Is there an online website or email address where i can email samsung about the condition of my phone & poor performance by the customer care people here? Please help! :(

• 2012-03-12 13:57
  • wdKC

> In reply to nik @ 2012-03-06 22:59 from 3Y64 - click to readYes you can. It works well. I am using it on my note

• 2012-03-10 15:42
  • BXhk

> In reply to nik @ 2012-03-06 22:59 from 3Y64 - click to readyou out of your mind?? Of course not!

• 2012-03-08 23:34
  • JaC2

On my galaxy note social hub app my link in user name that end with. net refused to register.
But my facebook entered sucessfully.
what shd I do to make it up?

• 2012-03-07 21:54
  • ftV7

can we run auto cad in this device

• 2012-03-06 22:59
  • 3Y64

hey I want to know whether the new Samsung galaxy note i.e. Samsung galaxy note I717 is it available in India??? pls somebody help me out...thanks.

• 2012-03-05 21:16
  • U@t8

is this phone available in FRANCE ???? please can anyowne answer me !!!

• 2012-03-05 08:07
  • mH%J

> In reply to tone @ 2012-02-20 02:29 from RLnR - click to readyour can delete the Samsung signature and add your own if you want

• 2012-03-03 23:48
  • Rth5
Total of 455 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note I717.