Samsung Galaxy Note I717 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-25 05:38 from Lxxj - click to readYes, my dear friend your right..
Thanks for your answer!!!!!!!

• 2012-01-25 19:37
  • 7qA$

Good Going at&t. I wish at&t will come in india. This is the only company which modifies the masterpieces.

• 2012-01-25 16:10
  • w43M

> In reply to moses @ 2012-01-25 07:24 from Xu4g - click to readI can do better, here is the direct link of GSM Arena's comparative system between the 2 models:

www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4135&­idPhone2=4374

• 2012-01-25 07:37
  • t7Mx

> In reply to TheNeighbor @ 2012-01-24 23:32 from t7Mk - click to read good answer!!!!!

• 2012-01-25 07:24
  • Xu4g

> In reply to TheNeighbor @ 2012-01-24 23:32 from t7Mk - click to read
good answer!!!!!

• 2012-01-25 07:22
  • Xu4g

> In reply to moses @ 2012-01-24 18:32 from Xu4I - click to readone main difference is the CPU and GPU, this vs has the Qualcomm chip vs the Samsung Exynos. The GPU is Adreno 220 which much slower then then Mali-400 on the other model.

• 2012-01-25 05:38
  • Lxxj

> In reply to Jungleplaya @ 2012-01-24 18:09 from fscq - click to readWe know what a light indicator is for on a mobile phone. I had it in 4 of my old Ericsson/Sonyericsson phones before since the mid 90a. I loved it since it even acts as a homing beacon in the dark trying to find your phone, and yes, telling you you have a message or missed call. They probably took it out for less distraction when you are reading using the screen of your high tech phone. The last time I checked, the word "forum" had not changed its meaning.

• 2012-01-24 23:50
  • t7Mk

> In reply to moses @ 2012-01-24 18:32 from Xu4I - click to readYou read the specifications and compare. You have internet access. Use it.

• 2012-01-24 23:32
  • t7Mk

What is the difference between these 2 sg note phones.
White Note 1717 & black note 7000.

• 2012-01-24 18:32
  • Xu4I

> In reply to TheNeighbor @ 2012-01-22 18:00 from t7Ng - click to readA light to indicate/notify...... Please post something useful.
Tsk
So sad to see people would crit over something so trivial

• 2012-01-24 18:09
  • fscq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-22 13:23 from 7txU - click to readYou can set the sound notification and/or vibrate for message notifications. You can even set Vlingo to read your messages through your Bluetooth ear piece. You can still stick to your good old Nokia unit that has your favorite flickering light notification. You even save almost $700 by not buying the Galaxy Note.

• 2012-01-22 18:00
  • t7Ng

This phone sorely needs a breather light to notify messages, missed calls and emails. Nokia's older smartphones win in this department.

Imagine having to manually check that massive screen every half an hour for updates.

• 2012-01-22 13:23
  • 7txU

The Galaxy Note has Gorilla glass. Most likely even Gorilla Glass 2, as far as when Corning introduced Gorilla Glass 2 last January 10 link I've posted before. Here is the link that finally confirms this fact:

www.corninggorillaglass.com/products-with-gorill­a/full-products-list

This brings me more peace of mind not having to add a screen protector. Well worth getting.

• 2012-01-22 07:17
  • t7Ng

> In reply to bigboy4eva @ 2012-01-13 18:18 from gyxe - click to readI am not from the US and I think it's probably for the US market. I has the same features as the earlier GALAXY NOTE. I would suggest you to go for the EARLIER galaxy note. Have used mine for the past 2 months. So far I have no problem with it.

• 2012-01-22 05:35
  • tu6$

> In reply to TheNeighbor @ 2012-01-21 16:57 from v0qJ - click to readTalking on bluetooth when you alone is not good and I agree with your comments. I've seen quite a few talking to themselves coming out of cars in a parking lot pacing back and forth and at the roadside.

Sometimes I thought they are just releasing tension. Believe me I know and seen 1 waitress/kitchen helper at a cafe who always speak to herself everytime she has the chance all by herself at the sink washing dishes. She is a weido.

• 2012-01-22 05:25
  • tu6$

> In reply to tbalt @ 2012-01-20 01:55 from sp7x - click to readThat's what some people said when 4.3" mobile phones came out. You can also use Bluetooth ear pieces with the Note. Bluetooth ear pieces are not exclusive for Tabs only. Samsung actually finally placed an ear speaker on the new Galaxy Tab Plus. Someone out there wished that the first 7" Tab had one probably they might run out of power on the Bluetooth ear piece, and would prefer some privacy in a phone conversion by not using the load speaker function of the Tab. Don't you also will look silly with an Bluetooth ear piece sticking off your ear and talking alone? Most sensible people buy gadgets based on durability, design and features. Form follows function. It's like not wanting to use powerful head phones since you look funny with a pair on.

• 2012-01-21 16:57
  • v0qJ

> In reply to tonmoy from bd @ 2012-01-20 19:10 from uNVD - click to readIt's too big in your perception since you are use to less than 5"phones. It hits the spot for those who work with A6 sized notebooks. it's perfect for us who actually use the S pen for digital art but fits the pocket. It's a useful to instantly get your ideas across by sketching what you really mean and can relay them to the rest of the design team. Power is just right with its powerful functions with a heavy usage of 6 to 7 hours in my experience. Unlike phomes with fixed batteries, I can change my drained one with a fresh battery. I can go on for 18 hours standby on moderate use - 1 hours of games, 1.5 hours of video, 20 minutes of call, 20 SMSs, 1 hour of internet browsing, and 1 hour sketching. I use Juice Defender Ultimate to save precious power when it turns off radios automatically during standbys. It has the HD resolution of a tablet computer, more than twice the picture taking camera resolution at 8 MP than 3 MP on the Tab. All that in a pocket.

In fact, this is what I carry to work on most days. So much handy. You can still stick to your smaller phones if you don't need such advantages. You're free to choose.

• 2012-01-21 16:12
  • v0qJ

Please include notification LED in all Samsung smart phones

• 2012-01-21 12:37
  • PG00

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-20 19:42 from 05mR - click to readIt's cheaper that IPHONE 4S in my country.

• 2012-01-21 04:41
  • IVRA

> In reply to tbalt @ 2012-01-20 01:55 from sp7x - click to readThe size of the Galaxy Note is not that big. Try buying it, you will appreciate the screen size. I've had the Galaxy Note for 3 months now and I really appreciate the size and will never go back to smaller size phone. I've been after bigger size phones for 2 years and finally got it after my DELL STREAK 5. You know what? I've had IPHONE 4, SGS, SG2, HTC SALSA to name a few but had sold off to friends as they are not for me.

I use my phone to read/compose work email when I'm not at the office. Receive/makes about 30 calls on average day, plays some youtube music vidoes, minimum web browsing, use my phone as HOTSPOT when at home. All in all my phone usage start from 8 am until 10 pm, I still have about 50% of battery remaining. What do you think of it?

But I don't play game with my phone. My next hope is to wait for APPLE to start producing 5 inch phone.

• 2012-01-21 04:29
  • IVRA
Total of 470 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note I717.