Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-12-18 15:42 from vGTV - click to readCan we predict that N7100 will get 4.4.2 in May 2014?.

• 2013-12-18 15:47
  • utAm

> In reply to MRooney @ 2013-12-18 15:39 from Iacr - click to readSo the flipboard, S-voice and other Samsung tools will not be there in vanilla android. Right?. So in overall, some apps will come down.

I am expecting all android apps to have 'exit' option to quit them completely. Pressing the return key does not guarantee the closing of all types of apps.

Where to get vanilla android?. Will Samsung provide?. Does the warranty get void if we install vanilla android?.

• 2013-12-18 15:46
  • utAm

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2013-12-18 14:26 from utAm - click to readKit Kat will be available for Note 2 in March/April as Note 3 will be getting Kit Kat (4.4) in January

• 2013-12-18 15:42
  • vGTV

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-12-18 15:35 from vGTV - click to readYes Parbinder Agreed!

It's good to switch to it's next addressed phone as early as the warranty of phone goes off, as you get good money in exchange and a brand new device with quality hardware specs.!

• 2013-12-18 15:42
  • Iacr

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2013-12-18 14:26 from utAm - click to readVanilla Android is the most Original Flavor of Android that is no addition to it by any Vendors like Samsung or HTC. That's the reason it's buttery smooth and less number of processes are running. Yes it's good that you are expecting 4.4.2 for Note 2 and I am also and we will eventually get it by March April.

It's true as Android is an open source, so it's always available for Software Developers + Tech Developers of Samsung, HTC etc. They test them first on newer phones and then comes to older phones. But you should know that first they make it custom to their Hardware before checking it.

If every phone is to get Vanilla Android and no customization by the Techs, then it will be quiet dull environment like Apple running ioS without customization!

• 2013-12-18 15:39
  • Iacr

> In reply to Paragb @ 2013-12-18 13:10 from rA%c - click to readAfter 4.3 update Note 2 become better it is true, I was using that for 14 months so opted for a change. As we cannot take risk by keeping handsets out of warranty.

• 2013-12-18 15:35
  • vGTV

Upcoming devices on my wish list..

1) S5 if at least 5.3 inches

2) Note 4 ..

3) LG G2 PRO....

• 2013-12-18 14:39
  • rA%c

> In reply to MRooney @ 2013-12-18 14:24 from Iacr - click to readWhat is vanilla android?. It looks like icecream, cake flavouring substance (not teasing you, just compared) !!!.

I told that I am expecting 4.4.2 for N7100. I never said I want quicker updates.

I think google may have delivered android 4.4.2 (not sure) to Samsung and other manufacturers. They may be testing in their phones silently in the background without any news leak about the testing.

• 2013-12-18 14:26
  • utAm

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2013-12-18 14:06 from utAm - click to readI don't think we should expect that as that Phone is Google Edition having Vanilla Android. If you want Quicker updates, you should move on to Nexus Series and Google Editions phone. But again there is trade-off. You have to compromise alot.

But It would be nice if you try Vanilla Android once, you will love its flavor.

Galaxy Note 2 will receive Kitkat 4.4 by March and It's something huge that a Phone is getting 3rd update OTA, which not many phones around these days except Nexus/GE Series.

• 2013-12-18 14:24
  • Iacr

> In reply to MRooney @ 2013-12-18 14:02 from Iacr - click to readI am expecting 4.4.2 for my N7100 device just like this phone (click this link) http://www.sammobile.com/2013/...-4-2-update/

• 2013-12-18 14:06

I agree with Gitty,

Note 2 is the only phone around that can possibly give 10 hours screen time!

• 2013-12-18 14:04

Just Loving!!!

Loving the 4.3 Update! 24 Hours have been gone. Battery usage 51%. Continue Wi-fi and Edge. Downloaded 800 MB of data. Screen time 4 hours uptil now as loving the 4.3 and still exploring its features :).

It's crisper, it's fast, it's blazing and it had made my phone more smarter.

Thank you Samsung.

4.3 is really a superb update for Note 2.

• 2013-12-18 14:02
  • Iacr

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-12-18 12:41 from vGR7 - click to readYou told that already. I just predicted the battery life of future Samsung handsets !!!.

Time will come in the future when the smartphones and laptop battery backup time will be the same (2 to 3 hours) !!!.

Waste technology.

• 2013-12-18 14:00
  • utAm

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-12-18 12:26 from vGR7 - click to readI bet it is serving ur purpose fully ! But for me i wanted the sd800 LTE version with the extra goodies .not that i am saying that exynos version was bad. by all means its powerfull even i was abt to buy it however ,after reading the note3 review for sd800 version on gsma i made up my mind to wait for s5 or note4 even lg g2 and z1 was launched with sd800 in india but both were 5 inches and after using note2 i cannot go back to small screen devices however samsung did not launch sd800 version india that was really upseting for me hopefully samsung wud launch sd800 or a new upgraded snapdragon version on s5 or note4 and yes its very true the tech world changes very fast i agree with u on that point.but for me note2 still works wonders and the 4.3 made my experience much better than b4 .

• 2013-12-18 13:10
  • rA%c

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-18 11:45 from N9@T - click to readmy 2g internet stops automatically when phone gets locked after 10 minutes except when there is something downloading n installing ! I never put it on flight mode ! My phone doesn't lose battery when it is locked or sometimes it lose by 1% ! I installed go launcher ex and juice defender at the next day after buying this phone !

• 2013-12-18 13:08
  • Hkqv

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-18 11:45 from N9@T - click to readhiii, I use whatsapp, nimbuzz, gmail, flipboard, bbc news ! I use english dictionary with hd voice which helps me in study ! I browse flickr ! I watch videos sometimes ! I scan with avast but not everyday ! I open FIFA application for news and football scores ! opera mini n opera for browsing ! I browse google play and go store for new themes and to update apps ! Few calls everyday and listen songs and little facebook chatting !

• 2013-12-18 13:00
  • Hkqv

> In reply to Chris @ 2013-12-18 10:42 from TSNq - click to readIn respect of technology and battery Note 2 is better than Mega. But remember any high end android/windows smartphone will need charging daily or may be twice a day if you are using it for high end gaming.

• 2013-12-18 12:50
  • vGR7

> In reply to Prithivi @ 2013-12-18 11:30 from U@XB - click to readThere is low light mode in note2 and in that mode the flash does not work however in night time if u want to use flash u can use single shot mode with flash for close objects.

• 2013-12-18 12:45
  • rAZp

Hi guys i have a problem with my note 2, problem with it built in internet browser whenever i download anyting from internet like photos etc it crash and show a message UNFORTUNATELY, INTERNET HAS STOPED. how to slove this problem without formating the phone. thanks in advance.

• 2013-12-18 12:41
  • tueH

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2013-12-18 12:30 from utAm - click to readAs I always said, I know what I am doing with phone and how much power it needs. So for me it doesn't make any difference. And yeah I also know the effort, hard work and dedication behind any product whether it is 4.3 update or a new product in the market. If I dont like it I dont buy it or if it gives me trouble I sell it and find a better product in the market, I sold my HTC One X within few months of purchase as it can give only 5 hours of battery back up with the same things what I did on my Note 2 and Note 3 now.

• 2013-12-18 12:41
  • vGR7
Total of 14773 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100.