Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

I received official android 4.3 update nearly 700mb
So many changes and improvemenrs but one sad thing is S NOTE is not improved or changes.
New UI
New browser and etc....

World wide first indian only receiveing this update for note2

• 2013-11-19 12:16
  • rKNa

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2013-11-19 10:46 from utAX - click to readAs brand new
9 am - 100% charge
10 pm - 27% charge
usage - 30 mins wifi browsing/apps downloading, 30 mins of 720p video playback, 10 mins talk time, 20 mins of music, 30 mins of gaming. Brightness set to 20%.
After about 30 days
9am - 100%
10pm - 45%
Usage same as before.

This is really good in the sense that there was less apps on the phone when it was brand new, means the number of apps still running in the background was low compare to after 30 days.

• 2013-11-19 11:32
  • rATg

android 4.3 update available for indian users

• 2013-11-19 11:10
  • YM0C

> In reply to 007G @ 2013-11-19 07:46 from U$4H - click to readPlease tell me about N7100's battery backup time when bought* (as new piece) and after 30 days*.

* means using the same customization settings

• 2013-11-19 10:46
  • utAX

> In reply to Don @ 2013-11-19 10:05 from N9@S - click to readMine is only three months old, battery backup improves after about 3/4 weeks.

• 2013-11-19 10:19
  • U$4H

> In reply to 007G @ 2013-11-19 07:46 from U$4H - click to readLike how long does it take before the battery stabilizes and back up becomes wow?

• 2013-11-19 10:05
  • N9@S

> In reply to SUDHAKAR @ 2013-11-19 05:21 from utAr - click to readFor the brand new note 2 battery backup is not that good for the first couple of weeks. Same is the case with most of the smartphone these days. Speaking from my experience with note 2, backup is really good now.

• 2013-11-19 07:46
  • U$4H

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2013-11-18 11:26 from y$dh - click to readI had the same issue, try removing the micro sd card from the note 2 before you connect it to the pc. That is how I get to work. Let us know if it work.

• 2013-11-19 07:01
  • U$4H

> In reply to SUDHAKAR @ 2013-11-19 05:21 from utAr - click to readHope you have taken this headache about the battery backup time before you had bought this set. I am not criticising you, talk time standby time is not what you do now a days with your smartphone. You have read the last line of GSM arena posts, are you so much ignorant that on check did not check the battery endurance test. It's really sound childish that you bought this set expecting that it will will give 980hours of standby time. And please mind your language in this forum, you should know that you are creating nuisance here, I didn't want to reply you as some of users here decided earlier, but you seems unstoppable here.

• 2013-11-19 05:33
  • rJ9x

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-11-19 05:06 from rJ9x - click to readNo company will give their phone for testing for 2 days or so. After that we may decide to buy or not. So make a sensible comment.
The Samsung service centre in India is not responding properly with my comment.

I cannot ignore this phone because I have bought using my parents' money. If they come to know that I hate this phone, they will become upset. First of all, understand my situation. Ok?.

This is my first android phone and I do not have hands on experience with the battery standby time of android phones which makes me decide which one is best under that category. I know only about Symbian (all version) phones.

I have read the last point under Samsung Galaxy Note 2 over S III in the link http://www.gsmarena.com/samsun...view-830.php and bought this N7100 impressed by that point. From this it can be concluded that gsmarena posts pure false info about the battery standby time of all phones.

Can you (or anyone) prove that Note 2 N7100 gives 980 hours of 2G standby time as stated by gsmarena in the specifications?. Then why are you criticizing me?.

• 2013-11-19 05:21
  • utAr

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2013-11-19 03:22 from KxmS - click to readCharge your mobile to 100% (fully charged, unplug the charger) if it is below 10%.
Then go to settings --> click battery.

There it will show x day xx hours xx minutes xx seconds on battery (since last charge). Try the above option (when the battery is again at 10% after charging) and reply. Then you can come to know the battery backup time of your mobile.

• 2013-11-19 05:09
  • utAr

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2013-11-19 03:22 from KxmS - click to readWe shouldn't expect the battery to last days, as we are using our Note 2 more as a laptop than a phone. Anybody expecting days of back up should also consider how they are using their phone. No phone matches the Note 2 performance with the given capacity of battery. If anybody wants performance they have to compromise with the battery. But still if someone feels unhappy with the battery, it is better not to use rather than cry daily.

• 2013-11-19 05:06
  • rJ9x

> In reply to [deleted post]Is that something wrong? I am OK the post deleted or not. I don't count exactly for the battery.

• 2013-11-19 03:22
  • KxmS

> In reply to SUDHAKAR @ 2013-11-18 17:11 from utAr - click to readThe battery can up to 15 hours or more for normal use. For me it's OK if Note II doesn't use Gorilla Glass.

• 2013-11-18 17:45
  • KxmS

> In reply to k @ 2013-11-18 09:36 from bCqn - click to readNote that most of the tabs do not have replaceable battery. Such models are waste.

• 2013-11-18 17:17
  • utAr

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2013-11-18 15:13 from KxmS - click to readEven the Samsung India website http://www.samsung.com/in/cons...0TADINU-spec

does not say anything about gorilla glass. Do not believe gsmarena alone.

Kindly say the backup time in hours because timezone differs.

• 2013-11-18 17:11
  • utAr

> In reply to SUDHAKAR @ 2013-11-18 13:32 from utAr - click to readDid you mean Corning Gorilla Glass? Yes, I didn't see the specification told about it. Battery, I write this using Opera Mini, my Note II N7100 was 100% battery on 06.18 AM and now it is still 37%. In the morning to afternoon I don't use it much, when I was home I use it for internet.

• 2013-11-18 15:13
  • KxmS

> In reply to k @ 2013-11-18 09:36 from bCqn - click to readThanks for replying, is it comparable to other two devices in its note taking abilities? does it have a stylus and, are there any dedicated aps like we have for S pen for taking notes?

• 2013-11-18 13:45
  • utvM

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2013-11-18 04:40 from y$dh - click to readTell me about the battery backup :-(

• 2013-11-18 13:37
  • utAr

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2013-11-18 05:16 from y$dh - click to readSee this link :

In Samsung website it is not mentioned.

• 2013-11-18 13:32
  • utAr
Total of 14019 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100.