Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

when can Maldives have android 4.3 upgrade?

• 2013-12-17 03:30
  • YUfN

please!when can Maldives will have Android 4.3 upgrade?

• 2013-12-17 03:25
  • YUfN

> In reply to Paragb @ 2013-12-17 01:14 from U$kt - click to readOnly my handset has this problem (worst camera clarity and battery backup). I only alerted others others about the problem. I never prevented others from buying this handset.

I didn't say all N7100 handsets are faulty.

• 2013-12-17 02:08
  • utAX

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2013-12-16 17:00 from utAt - click to readMay be u r unlucky that ur device is faulty from the start or had any damages.resulting in bad battery back up however that does not mean everyone is facing the battery issue u r having.but a hater will always hate..

• 2013-12-17 01:14
  • U$kt

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-12-16 18:35 from w0Wx - click to readWiFi is on and every radio is connected and it drains 3 to 5% per hour? Good. My one question, do you press it for that. 1hr or wifi is on but phone is idle?

• 2013-12-16 22:15
  • N9@T

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-12-16 18:50 from w0Wx - click to readI am using 2 mobile numbers SIM 1 and SIM 2. SIM 1 is the normal SIM and is my main number which is in N8 with 2G data plan activated. SIM 2 is on Nokia N79 (normal SIM).

I use SIM 3 (cut to micro SIM) in N7100 only for data.

I will cut SIM 1 to micro SIM and use N7100 as main phone and post here about the battery backup time.

The reason why I am hesitating is when I put the micro SIM in the 'micro SIM to normal SIM adapter' and insert it to N8, I feel very difficult (tight) to insert. So I cannot insert and remove easily.

• 2013-12-16 19:01
  • utAt

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-12-16 18:46 from w0Wx - click to readI an using many online texting apps* now (but the battery backup was worst when it was bought new in August 2013).

I am using only accuweather app.

* means - facebook, facebook messenger, whatsapp, nimbuzz (not signed in - logged out), twitter AND VoIP apps like Viber, voipdiscount.com dialer).

Note : I don't use any of the apps (android and Symbian) as widgets as I know they will consume more battery power.

The reason for android apps running in background :
There is no 'exit' option for most of the android apps. android apps must have exit option (like the end option in the in built music player of N7100).

At least 99.9% Symbian apps have 'exit' option using which we can close them completely (except whatsapp and other apps which continuously try to poll to the network even after exiting).

• 2013-12-16 18:54
  • utAt

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2013-12-16 18:47 from utAt - click to readI have upgraded to Note 3, and yeah being angry with Samsung or expressing your frustration here will not result in anything but will only show that either the is something wrong with your handset or you are not using it properly.

• 2013-12-16 18:50
  • w0Wx

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-12-16 18:44 from w0Wx - click to readIf you are satisfied, go on using this phone N7100. I didn't block you from doing so.

I am experiencing worst battery backup with this phone (I am not coming to say that this phone must give battery backup equivalent to N8). Thats all.

• 2013-12-16 18:47
  • utAt

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2013-12-16 18:42 from utAt - click to readMy dear friend one wrong app, may it be a weather app or chatting app or live wallpaper and this phone will eat battery like a monster.

• 2013-12-16 18:46
  • w0Wx

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2013-12-16 18:38 from utAt - click to readMany will agree that this is the best in Android and if you are not satisfied, and still prefer symbian, better stick with that because Android will never satisfy you especially in battery terms as you are deeply impressed with N8. Amazing thing is that Note 2 had lots of features and things to do and you are still stuck with camera and battery. I never missed my n8 after buying this.

• 2013-12-16 18:44
  • w0Wx

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-12-16 18:35 from w0Wx - click to readYou are using the phone and getting 3 to 5% battery charge per hour drained. But mine is getting drained at the same rate in flight mode (all radio connections OFF when not in use) and for just 1 hour online texting* via WiFi !!!. Thats why I am angry on Samsung regarding this.

* means - not email replies. Just viewing web based emails and FB, whatsapp activities. I have never configured any email account to be used directly from my phone.

• 2013-12-16 18:42
  • utAt

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-12-16 18:31 from w0Wx - click to readIt is not a rule that persons should post the feedback after using more than 1 android phone?.

This is my first android phone and learnt about the user interfaces and most of the settings.

• 2013-12-16 18:38
  • utAt

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-12-16 18:28 from w0Wx - click to readDo not make me to drag the Symbian topic here and finally blame me. Is there a single android phone with FM transmitter?. I don't bother about mobile to TV connectivity in any handset.

I am telling in simple words :

Nokia N8 :
+ better battery backup*
+ No need to change the default camera settings to get clear picture
- worst browser interface

Samsung N7100 :
+ good browser interface (inbuilt browser and others like firefox and opera) - can be used to browse PC / normal websites also
- The ISO and other settings should be changed to get clear picture
- worst battery backup*
(* means - experienced by me and no comments about others)

• 2013-12-16 18:36
  • utAt

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2013-12-16 18:27 from utAt - click to readI am using Note 3 and it drains 3-5% every hour with Wifi and mobile data and all processes remaining on in the back. My emails, Facebook, WhatsApp everything, and I am satisfied with that.

• 2013-12-16 18:35
  • w0Wx

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2013-12-16 18:27 from utAt - click to readI asked you one question how many Android phones you have used.
You are saying the battery is worst, can you tell me any Android phone who had a good back up than this phone with same features.

• 2013-12-16 18:31
  • w0Wx

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2013-12-16 17:00 from utAt - click to readSo you are very sure that people here do not know about advantages of Symbian, Can you use your Symbian phones with Smart TV,
show your photos and videos wirelessly on a Smart TV via DLNA, N8 has the advantage of HDMI, Port but length of cable restricts movement.)

• 2013-12-16 18:28
  • w0Wx

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-12-16 17:33 from w0Wx - click to readI reflect others' words used on me. If others use, I will also use.

Ok. I don't want to go to the comparision of N8 and this phone. Just said about the flashback.

Now talk only about the battery backup of this phone. Isn't it worst?. I am experiencing 3 to 5% drain every hour in flight mode (all radio connections in OFF condition) without any major background processes running).

Some persons have decided that I bought fake handset and treating me worst here. If it is fake, then how will they accept for warranty service in the Samsung authorized service centre?.

I have given the battery for service at the Samsung authorized service centre (the same service centre where I gave first time for service because of battery backup problem). I have last drop of faith in them. Lets see.

• 2013-12-16 18:27
  • utAt

> In reply to [deleted post]I have used N8 for more than a year and I know the battery back up and the camera also. I tried to tell you in a very decent manner that the hardware used by Nokia and Samsung differs and you can can't get in Nokia what Samsung gives. Can you deny that you are insulting GSM battery information in a very indecent manner and constant using, slum, shameless, idiots, technologically backward, and other insulting words for all users who tried to reply you . just answer one question how Android phones you have used.

• 2013-12-16 17:33
  • w0Wx

> In reply to Paragb @ 2013-12-16 14:37 from rA2f - click to readIf mine is duplicate handset, then how can the persons in the Samsung authorized service centre accept my phone for warranty?. So you stop blabbering about duplicate handsets. Answer this first (you senseless). What qualities do you have to comment on my posts?.

I have clearly mentioned before that I have given the battery to the Samsung authorized service centre and waiting for their reply.

Regarding N8, I know that it is of no use talking here where people do not know about the advantages of Synbian o/s. So I left that topic. People like you are spamming about duplicate handset. If I repeat the same, there won't be any difference between you and me !!!. LOL LOL.

• 2013-12-16 17:00
  • utAt
Total of 14857 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100.