Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to SUDHAKAR @ 2013-11-19 05:21 from utAr - click to readFor the brand new note 2 battery backup is not that good for the first couple of weeks. Same is the case with most of the smartphone these days. Speaking from my experience with note 2, backup is really good now.

• 2013-11-19 07:46
  • U$4H

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2013-11-18 11:26 from y$dh - click to readI had the same issue, try removing the micro sd card from the note 2 before you connect it to the pc. That is how I get to work. Let us know if it work.

• 2013-11-19 07:01
  • U$4H

> In reply to SUDHAKAR @ 2013-11-19 05:21 from utAr - click to readHope you have taken this headache about the battery backup time before you had bought this set. I am not criticising you, talk time standby time is not what you do now a days with your smartphone. You have read the last line of GSM arena posts, are you so much ignorant that on check did not check the battery endurance test. It's really sound childish that you bought this set expecting that it will will give 980hours of standby time. And please mind your language in this forum, you should know that you are creating nuisance here, I didn't want to reply you as some of users here decided earlier, but you seems unstoppable here.

• 2013-11-19 05:33
  • rJ9x

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-11-19 05:06 from rJ9x - click to readNo company will give their phone for testing for 2 days or so. After that we may decide to buy or not. So make a sensible comment.
The Samsung service centre in India is not responding properly with my comment.

I cannot ignore this phone because I have bought using my parents' money. If they come to know that I hate this phone, they will become upset. First of all, understand my situation. Ok?.

This is my first android phone and I do not have hands on experience with the battery standby time of android phones which makes me decide which one is best under that category. I know only about Symbian (all version) phones.

I have read the last point under Samsung Galaxy Note 2 over S III in the link http://www.gsmarena.com/samsun...view-830.php and bought this N7100 impressed by that point. From this it can be concluded that gsmarena posts pure false info about the battery standby time of all phones.

Can you (or anyone) prove that Note 2 N7100 gives 980 hours of 2G standby time as stated by gsmarena in the specifications?. Then why are you criticizing me?.

• 2013-11-19 05:21
  • utAr

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2013-11-19 03:22 from KxmS - click to readCharge your mobile to 100% (fully charged, unplug the charger) if it is below 10%.
Then go to settings --> click battery.

There it will show x day xx hours xx minutes xx seconds on battery (since last charge). Try the above option (when the battery is again at 10% after charging) and reply. Then you can come to know the battery backup time of your mobile.

• 2013-11-19 05:09
  • utAr

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2013-11-19 03:22 from KxmS - click to readWe shouldn't expect the battery to last days, as we are using our Note 2 more as a laptop than a phone. Anybody expecting days of back up should also consider how they are using their phone. No phone matches the Note 2 performance with the given capacity of battery. If anybody wants performance they have to compromise with the battery. But still if someone feels unhappy with the battery, it is better not to use rather than cry daily.

• 2013-11-19 05:06
  • rJ9x

> In reply to [deleted post]Is that something wrong? I am OK the post deleted or not. I don't count exactly for the battery.

• 2013-11-19 03:22
  • KxmS

> In reply to SUDHAKAR @ 2013-11-18 17:11 from utAr - click to readThe battery can up to 15 hours or more for normal use. For me it's OK if Note II doesn't use Gorilla Glass.

• 2013-11-18 17:45
  • KxmS

> In reply to k @ 2013-11-18 09:36 from bCqn - click to readNote that most of the tabs do not have replaceable battery. Such models are waste.

• 2013-11-18 17:17
  • utAr

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2013-11-18 15:13 from KxmS - click to readEven the Samsung India website http://www.samsung.com/in/cons...0TADINU-spec

does not say anything about gorilla glass. Do not believe gsmarena alone.

Kindly say the backup time in hours because timezone differs.

• 2013-11-18 17:11
  • utAr

> In reply to SUDHAKAR @ 2013-11-18 13:32 from utAr - click to readDid you mean Corning Gorilla Glass? Yes, I didn't see the specification told about it. Battery, I write this using Opera Mini, my Note II N7100 was 100% battery on 06.18 AM and now it is still 37%. In the morning to afternoon I don't use it much, when I was home I use it for internet.

• 2013-11-18 15:13
  • KxmS

> In reply to k @ 2013-11-18 09:36 from bCqn - click to readThanks for replying, is it comparable to other two devices in its note taking abilities? does it have a stylus and, are there any dedicated aps like we have for S pen for taking notes?

• 2013-11-18 13:45
  • utvM

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2013-11-18 04:40 from y$dh - click to readTell me about the battery backup :-(

• 2013-11-18 13:37
  • utAr

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2013-11-18 05:16 from y$dh - click to readSee this link :

In Samsung website it is not mentioned.

• 2013-11-18 13:32
  • utAr

> In reply to C4 @ 2013-10-18 11:23 from 7XHV - click to readI had the same issue too, my Note II N7100 is second hand, although the white USB cable is not new again, it still works for charging, but if I connect it to PC, it doesn't recognized as mass storage (nothing happen, only charging) or like USB Flashdisk (when I was using Galaxy Ace 2 I8160, if the USB cable is connected to PC, the PC will recognized the smartphone, I wonder maybe the system is like this.

• 2013-11-18 11:26
  • y$dh

> In reply to Riya @ 2013-11-16 19:21 from utvS - click to readfor notes get a good tablet like lenovo A3000

• 2013-11-18 09:36
  • bCqn

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2013-11-11 03:02 from utAm - click to readRead here:

In these paragraphs:

Battle of the large 720p Super AMOLEDs

We have two Super AMOLED screens of 720p resolution facing off, one 4.8" big and the other 5.5". In terms of surface area, the Samsung Galaxy Note II has a 30% bigger screen than the Galaxy S III.

They both use Gorilla Glass 2 for protection, but the matrices below are different for the two devices.

------------------------------------------------­------

It said Galaxy Note II N7100 uses Gorilla Glass 2.

• 2013-11-18 05:16
  • y$dh

Thanks Ramangoel and Parbinder :)

• 2013-11-18 04:46
  • utLx

> In reply to nouhado @ 2013-11-16 21:00 from ppPQ - click to readThanks for sharing..

• 2013-11-18 04:44
  • t1$K
Total of 14252 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100.