Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to ajeethpx @ 2013-11-24 18:33 from ij2g - click to readHello
I m from india nd want to update to 4.3 but same error occurs.i just wanted to know that to update it we should update through kies nd should first remove memory card inside not 2.
Coz u wrote, remove usb memory card & usb data cable.
And I remove my data cable then how will I b able to connect to kies on my pc

• 2013-11-24 21:55
  • U{r6

> In reply to Gerald Damian @ 2013-11-24 16:49 from t1$G - click to readKnox is nothing it is only a separate UI , It don't shown's any files in main UI.( that is your's regular usage)here two get in 's like a system.
one for System Admininstior and next one is Personal administration thats all. ok
frist download 154MB data and install. then give password and open it it shows Some apps.
when you want take personal photos use Knox Camera.
It shows in that Knox gallery only, not in main System.

• 2013-11-24 21:04
  • rKyE

Bought a N7100 a month ago after hearing that it would be updated to 4.3 & then to kitkat. It came with 4.1.2 (XXDMG1 updated). Today I updated to 4.3 through Kies. I first did a full back-up and then a Factory Reset. However, I continuously got "failed to run firmware upgrade.unknown error occurred" (about 10 attempts). After some trial & error I narrowed down the problem to my USB data card. On ejecting my USB data card & USB hard disk, I could successfully update to 4.3. Took about 2-1/2 hrs to complete. Restored everything (except apps) and now my Note II is purring along.
-Ajeeth, Karaikal, India.

• 2013-11-24 18:33
  • ij2g

Please help me more about Knox. ...

• 2013-11-24 16:49
  • t1$G

> In reply to ramangoel @ 2013-11-24 13:44 from Hkq3 - click to readFirst time I used it, 10 days ago. Sometimes I see Settings, Battery, status charging (USB). When I knew it took 7 hours or more, I had thought that might be something wrong. I used Galaxy Ace 2 previously maximum 4 hours charging if I used it when got charged. I searched on internet (on Kaskus Indonesia) there was user experienced the same and he concluded the problem was the USB cable. I installed Galaxy Charging Current app on the link given. When charging I saw by opening that app, it showed current 460. I touched refresh in that app nothing happened, I exited from that app, unplug the USB cable and plug it again, open that app, it ha shown 1800 (maximum). Then I did exit the app again, check Settings, Battery, status charging (AC). Later I will see it again when I charge my Note II if it will stay in AC status charging or back to USB status charging.

• 2013-11-24 16:49
  • KxM$

hi all, any1 got update for 4.3 android in singapore still waiting...

• 2013-11-24 16:48
  • IWQb

> In reply to Gerald Damian @ 2013-11-24 16:39 from t1$K - click to readbro just take snap near any black background n set as a home screen wallpaper..ll save a lot battery...

• 2013-11-24 16:46
  • IWQb

Wow... At last.... He became a gentleman...

• 2013-11-24 16:41
  • t1$K

> In reply to www @ 2013-11-24 15:26 from PEqh - click to readInstall another launcher like go launcher and enjoy it.. ..

• 2013-11-24 16:39
  • t1$K

> In reply to 007G @ 2013-11-24 16:14 from YTY2 - click to readNot yet, I will see it tomorrow at office.

• 2013-11-24 16:38
  • KxM$

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2013-11-24 15:33 from XuNY - click to readI remembered you ask about battery backup. When the battery was 9%, I checked the Settings, Battery, it was 15 hours 26 minutes and several seconds.

I don't know. I use original travel charger Samsung (100 - 240 V-Frequency 50-60 Hz 0.35A) that in the box of this Note II.

• 2013-11-24 16:36
  • F

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2013-11-24 13:33 from KxM$ - click to readWere you able to connect your note 2 to pc?

• 2013-11-24 16:14
  • YTY2

> In reply to www @ 2013-11-24 15:26 from PEqh - click to readYou don't need black theme. Download COLORS app from play store and choose black color (within the app) as your wallpaper. I did the same. Let everybody know how it goes?

• 2013-11-24 16:11
  • YTY2

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2013-11-24 13:30 from KxM$ - click to readFor me also it is showing only 460 when charged using Samsung 2000 mAh AC adaptor. Is that 460 denotes mAh?.

• 2013-11-24 15:33
  • XuNY

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-11-24 14:41 from vGTI - click to readThey should have provided updates within the same o/s.

• 2013-11-24 15:26

dear,
I need help.
I want to set a black theme to save battery as it is a amoled screen.
I downloaded some but not getting the option to set at setting or anywhre.
where is the theme option.. pls let me know.thank u all.

• 2013-11-24 15:26
  • PEqh

When the official android 4.3 will release for the note 2 when I try to update it it tell me that the latest update is installed

• 2013-11-24 15:12
  • fvBB

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2013-11-24 14:35 from XuNY - click to readI told you. Install DRIPPLER, to get the latest about your Note 2.

• 2013-11-24 14:42
  • vGTI

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2013-11-24 14:07 from XuNY - click to read4.4 will be available in Jan for S4 and Note3, S3 and Note 2 will be getting this in Mar or April and may this is not cheap publicity, it is called development for which Google is spending billions of dollars so you are not in a position of suggesting to Google what it do. Bugs are normal. OS updates are necessary as per market requirement. I think you know what happened to Symbian once they decided not to give support, they kill the OS.

• 2013-11-24 14:41
  • vGTI

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-11-24 08:12 from vGTI - click to readI am experiencing the problem of unable to control the flight mode using the profile changing software (paid) called PROFILE SCHEDULER + .

After this issue, I have read the developer notes of that software in play store. It is mentioned that the software will not function properly in 4.3 because of restrictions in the o/s side.

• 2013-11-24 14:35
  • XuNY
Total of 14545 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100.