Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Hi all users pls help me on screen rotating issue as i have purchased this monster mobile since last week but now im facing an issue that my screen can't rotate oftenly & if it rotates than stuck there as it is untill i have to do reboot i m using latest firmware 4.1.2....i have read on internet that this firmware has this issue so pls help me if any one other faces this problem as im so mch tense. Thanks in advance

• 2013-09-27 11:02
  • ijp6

> In reply to SUDHAKAR @ 2013-09-27 07:10 from 7qBZ - click to readYou can't make sub folders of SMS in Android, it supports threaded view, not individual SMSes, so there is no solution to the problem. If you even send all the messages through your Carrier those all will be stored in one thread from which you have send those.

• 2013-09-27 07:42
  • vGS@

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-09-26 19:21 from vGUJ - click to readHey. Without transferring all the SMS, I will not be able to use this phone (N7100) as my primary phone.

If you come across any way, please do post herr.

• 2013-09-27 07:10
  • 7qBZ

4.3 update rumored to get postponed to november :(..... http://androidcommunity.com/ga...oruce_bottom

• 2013-09-27 07:05
  • bCiB

> In reply to jazz @ 2013-09-22 19:52 from veFD - click to readI also had a blank screen 2 to 3 days ago ...i bought my note 2 on october 5th 2012 and i also keep all my gadgets like a baby ....i went to samsung service center with my orignal bill and they replaced my blank screen with a new one without any extra charge ..as it had a 1 years oem warranty btw i bought my phone online ..and i rooted ..it just in 14 days..of use i just asked samsung center to replace the screen so they did that ...i wud give 5 stars to samsung services cause they were proffessional ..replaced my screen in just 1 day ..however i did not expect my super amoled screen to go blank ever ...i also have s2 touch wood its screen is still working fine. i do not know what happened with note 2. i was just saved by very few days other wise i wud have to also pay 8000 rs for the screen replacement..thanks god......but jazz as u were under warrenty why did u have to pay money ? ?and did they not check ur screen for any cracks b4 taking it for screen replacement?? cause she checked my note 2 properly then she cud not find any damages i guess thats why they replaced it 4 free..

• 2013-09-27 01:17
  • U$4j

> In reply to S SUDHAKAR @ 2013-09-26 17:43 from utAk - click to readYou can't blame android for this, transferring files between two different OS is always a headache.

• 2013-09-26 19:21
  • vGUJ

• 2013-09-26 18:53
  • vGUJ

I bought it yesterday...... Just Suuuuuperbbbbbb

• 2013-09-26 17:50
  • ut6p

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-09-26 07:47 from vGUy - click to readI told you that I have used nokia2android application (by following your steps already). But no use. Only some SMS gets copied. Really.

Any other solution?.

• 2013-09-26 17:45
  • utAk

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-09-26 07:49 from vGUy - click to readI have 108 sub folders !!. Doing so is a time consuming job and it will affect the SMS location in my other Symbian phones (Nokia N79 and Nokia 5320).

Why android is stubborn in this issue?.

• 2013-09-26 17:43
  • utAk

I bought it yesterday...... Just Suuuuuperbbbbbb

• 2013-09-26 16:43
  • ut6p

Amazing phone...love it so much...best phone ever!

• 2013-09-26 13:43
  • w9JX

hey SAMSUNG, please wake up A.S.A.P ! please don't ignore this ex-flagship (Galaxy Note 2) ! bring the latest update for this phone (4.3 JellyBean) !

• 2013-09-26 11:17
  • X}nq

Amazing phone ever to built in mankind history.

• 2013-09-26 08:36
  • IatE

> In reply to SUDHAKAR @ 2013-09-26 02:16 from utAr - click to readGet your all SMS out from Sub-Folders to Inbox.

• 2013-09-26 07:49

> In reply to SUDHAKAR @ 2013-09-26 02:16 from utAr - click to readTry this:
Download and install Nokia OVI suite
Synchronize your messages after connecting your phone
Disconnect your phone and close OVI suite (make sure it's closed, not minimized to system tray)
Download Nokia2Android
Run the application
Press the convert button. An XML-file should now be stored wherever you placed the Nokia2Android executable
On your Android-phone install SMS Backup & Restore
Connect your Android-phone to the computer (as storage device)
Copy the XML-file into the directory SMSBackupRestore on the root of your phones memory card (if the directory doesn't exist, create it)
Disconnect your phone
Run the SMS Backup & Restore application on your phone and import the messages
And there you have. Simple as could be, compared to so many of the other non-functional solutions to be found when googling.

• 2013-09-26 07:47
  • vGUy

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-09-25 15:30 from XMp{ - click to readNo not in five minutes. But if you are playing high end games there is some heat but that is totally normal under heavy game play, it didn't heat up on 3G even.

• 2013-09-26 07:43
  • vGUy

> In reply to jazz @ 2013-09-25 20:41 from vQ%5 - click to readDo you know how to import all the SMS (including those in all the sub folders under 'my folders' section) from Symbian phone to this (N7100)?.

I have tried wondershare mobiletrans and nokia2android softwares. But no use. Those softwares are not importing all the SMS. Can you help me?.

• 2013-09-26 02:16
  • utAr

Hello guys, Just wanted to share the incident I dropped my Note 2 and the display screen was gone I went samsung service centre and they repair the phone I requested to change the phone coz its was new but they denied saying that they would have changed the phone if hardware issue would have occur within 7 days. I told them its 14 days and requested to change but they denied, but they gave me S 3 to use till the time my repaired.,Now when use S3 I am planning to s4 coz I thing its better than note 2.

• 2013-09-26 02:12
  • U@$m

• 2013-09-26 02:10
  • U@$m
Total of 13627 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100.