Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Thanks Samsung!!!

Android Version 4.4 Kitkat is coming to Samsung Galaxy Note 2!!!

• 2013-11-22 23:11
  • tt8H

> In reply to jayr_marquez @ 2013-11-22 11:44 from t7Xr - click to readOTA = Over The Air update, this is when your phone has a new firmware (software) update, and your manufacturer wants to push it to you :)

Samsung Kies, is like Nokia's PC Suit back in the old days :D -- a software that can sync your phone, update your phone and such things from inside your PC :)

• 2013-11-22 19:54
  • Nkh8

> In reply to ambience @ 2013-11-22 16:11 from M8T2 - click to readSettings, Security

• 2013-11-22 17:21
  • vGUu

can anyone suggest me where can I find the developer option...????

• 2013-11-22 16:11
  • M8T2

Can some one let me know after upgrading to 4.3 , in battery status menu - settings -> more->battery
what wifi status its showing ? For me it showing continious Blue bar in both wifi on and off

• 2013-11-22 16:09
  • utaU

> In reply to jayr_marquez @ 2013-11-22 11:44 from t7Xr - click to readSamsung Kies / ˈk iː s/ KEESS [1] is a freeware software
application used to communicate between Windows or
Macintosh operating systems, and more recently
manufactured Samsung mobile phone and tablet
computer devices, usually using a USB cable connection
(though wireless LAN Kies connectivity is now possible
using some devices).

OTA is over the air. If you update your Android firmware via Settings update (via operator network or Wi-FI ), its OTA.

• 2013-11-22 16:08
  • Kx4Y

Well I was overly excited about the 4.3 update for my N7100.
But the update actually is mediocre..nothing much from the 4.1.2
The display is crisper brighter and characters appear bigger and bolder
but the RAM usage has considerably increase along with the battery consumption. This is pathetic.
now my device doesn't make it through a day too. (earlier I managed a day and half)
overall it's smoother though but the battery part really sucked.
Overall I'd say we can expect more updates that would clear out the bugs.I would also like note 3 features to be transferred onto the note 2. Because this is seriously a crappy update.Nothing more productive has Been added ...it's all just a new look.
Idk why the pop up browser was scrapped.Man I feel awful. expected a lott more.

• 2013-11-22 16:00
  • 7txf

> In reply to Dilip Shady @ 2013-11-22 15:31 from utc1 - click to readCamera quality is worst in this phone (N7100). Use digi cam for taking pictures. This is the fate of N7100 usets !!!.

• 2013-11-22 15:43
  • 7qBf

Hi folks,

Please tel how to reduce noise in images. The pics which i click in my note is very noisy. Tel the best camera settings for taking good snaps.....

• 2013-11-22 15:31
  • utc1

> In reply to Yash-Delhi @ 2013-11-22 10:43 from u{fD - click to readThe update size is 700 MB. Not 1 GB.

• 2013-11-22 15:24
  • 7qBf

I am trying from day before yesterday but no luck. My phone model is n7100.please advise.

• 2013-11-22 14:23
  • b5eX

> In reply to Yash-Delhi @ 2013-11-22 10:43 from u{fD - click to readDoes auto rotate work on TW launcher by default?

• 2013-11-22 12:33
  • U$4j

Not updated yet however due to past experience i can advise ppl to do a factory reset with wipe data (back up back up back up) and then use odin to flash the new update and if using sd card format it to fat 32 (back up back up) and then use it in the phone there wud b no problems with move to sd feature...and phone will be almost new ....if your rooted you will loose you root.

• 2013-11-22 12:29
  • U$4j

What is kies and OTA?:)

• 2013-11-22 11:44
  • t7Xr

> In reply to Yash-Delhi @ 2013-11-22 10:43 from u{fD - click to readSuper review.

• 2013-11-22 11:01
  • PUE0

Updated to 4.3 though kies (as OTA not available) detail as under:
* Size of update was almost 1GB in size.
* Downloading took some time but the update was quick
* All the data including contacts, messages, gamedata remains the same, thus no need to take backups for update (I didnt do factory reset also but just updated it)
* The samsung launcher feels better & notification panel is transparent now which makes the screen looks bigger (thumps up here)
* Screen display modes changed to much high colors (only I liked the movie mode as I do not prefer high colors) earlier I was using the normal/natural mode which has changed to Photo pro now which I find is little high on colors, the adept display is a gud option but it changes the colors to higher tone which again i dont like (liked the earlier one here).
* The notification on lock screen is really a useful & gud upgrade - thumps up here.
* After updating the antutu scores has been increased from 20.5k to almost 22k which looks gud but the quadrant score remains the same to around 7k. In general the usage feels just a little better/smoother . The gameplay of nfs, asphalt etc feels same (its also said that opel gl 3 support is there but when i clicked on it in antutu is showed that my device doesnt support it)
* I also noticed some sound skips in music & audio recorded players occasionally which was not present before.
* Move to sd card seems to be a gud option, but i have not used it as 16gb internal space for games & apps are sufficient for the time being.
* Ram, space & battery management said to be improved, but it doesnt feel much.
* The categorization of setting menu is also nice now
* The font size in opened messages has some how increased & Im unable to decrease its size (liked the earlier one here).
* Some new icons has been added such as calculator, voice recorder looks better/new now.

Overall the upgrade is nice & i hope few more minor upgrades will come to make it even better.

• 2013-11-22 10:43
  • u{fD

> In reply to Parbinder @ 2013-11-22 02:36 from vGSR - click to readOk. I will give my device to Samsung service centre tomorrow for battery backup issue. Lets see what they say.

• 2013-11-22 09:12
  • utAs

What is kernel?Do I need to install updated kernel?If so,how can I install kernel?

• 2013-11-22 08:37
  • PScY

Can I update my GT N 7105 by using mobile odin pro.I also want to root after updating.Can I use Framaroot?

• 2013-11-22 08:35
  • PScY

> In reply to MaheshAprameya @ 2013-11-22 07:36 from yWma - click to readIn fresh installation, you will not feel any problem.

• 2013-11-22 07:48
  • vGR1
Total of 14522 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100.