Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to Happy Nick @ 2013-07-15 13:36 from wiSr - click to readhtc one or iphone 5 are the best at the moment since im using them all works perfectly in them.

• 2013-07-21 23:56
  • f0bw

> In reply to moha.alaa @ 2013-07-21 19:47 from Nkny - click to readYes it can happen if you update it to older version firmware with Odin then your IMEI will change and you won't be able to make phone calls in certain countries.
So it's always better to update your phone to a newer or the same version as of currently your phone has but never to an older version .

• 2013-07-21 21:49
  • S9ym

> In reply to shabby @ 2013-07-20 21:20 from nCiF - click to readBuy note2 bcoz you r about to get update for note2 with android 4.2 and note2 will have almost all s4 software related features in it.

• 2013-07-21 21:08
  • YTFL

people i was having a samsung galaxy s3 i bought from dubai when i made software update from the phone it stuck in 31% .. when i give it to mobile shop he mad the software update but the phone couldnt make or receive any calls and then it began to stuck and restart and then i sell it ... could this happen with the note 2 ???? .... please answer me

• 2013-07-21 19:47
  • Nkny

Got an update for note 2 @ 88 mb. Anyone found what's new in it? Kindly post..

• 2013-07-21 17:58
  • utiP

hiiiiiii i am gng to buy this ph and how to upgrade to 4.1.2 plz reply plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz thanks in avance........

• 2013-07-21 17:12
  • uvuQ

after updating my note 2 battery backup is increased. . its been 12 hrs from full charge. . now 60% battery is there. .
b4 update its like 30 to 35%...
Thanks Samsung. .

• 2013-07-21 15:54
  • tE%Q

Hi
I am from India I got an update. 88.40MB .

Improved stability and addtwo apps
1. Play books 2. Play videos
I thing this are useless apps. In my point.

• 2013-07-21 10:41
  • upcn

> In reply to shabby @ 2013-07-20 21:20 from nCiF - click to readGo for Note 2 if you want read docs n all...as screen is bigger than S4...and feature wise also Note 2 is sufficient for us...Coming to cost Rs 7000 is less than GS4...

• 2013-07-21 10:21
  • PB%b

Find and download Odin PC and your latest FW from the link above Flash it with Odin from your computer and after that wipe data from recovery.
Edit. Do not Flash older version of ROM, just the newest or whatever version you had or else you might lose your IMEI. Just check for the latest released date.

• 2013-07-21 09:00
  • S9ym

HELP HELP HELP.....
Guys plz help me. I have rooted my samsung galaxy note 2. I am from Bangladesh. After rooting the phone i used chainfire 3D and suddenly phone wants to re boot the system . And now my phone is stuck on the 'Sumsung Galaxy Note 2' page. This dosent go further. My phone is still takes charge when i connect to the charger. And system recovery is also working. I wipe all data and reset the system With 'power + menu + volume up' button bt it still stuck on the title page.
I dont know what to do. Should i have to flash my phone??? i han=ve no idea. I also dont know about the region of my phone, as i bought it from a second hand retail shop. Plz guys help me and give me some hope.....

Regards, salman :(

• 2013-07-21 08:48
  • K59u

Hey, I am going to buy a new phone. Which 1 sud i prefer??
Note 2 or S4

• 2013-07-21 08:32
  • U{fU

> In reply to nad @ 2013-07-20 14:27 from vcy@ - click to readAs usual nothing noticeable.

• 2013-07-21 06:05
  • vGTV

> In reply to Jagan @ 2013-07-20 17:39 from RJ2K - click to readI think that is china Mobile same copy of samsung galaxy note 2

• 2013-07-21 02:45
  • vcy@

I own a Note 2 since November 2012. It has been a great phablet until it started randomly freezing/rebooting. I thought it was due to it using a custom rom so i reverted back to stock firmware (4.1.2) with a full backup before and a full wipe of the phone.I didn't want to risk any of the old apps affecting it's functionality. The issue remained even after reverting to stock rom and was getting concerned it was due to a hardware problem.
Note 2 of a certain revision of the eMMC is affected by SDS or sudden death syndrome. There is no fix for this and the phone will die.It manifests itself after a 6-7 months period of good functionality. You might notice a random reboot now and then but just ignore them until it stars doing this 10-20 times a day or just freezing. Be really careful what Note 2 you buy and be advised to check the chipset.
You can find more information about this by just randomly searching for SDS and note 2 on your search engine.
I still think it is a great phone/tablet, and if the cost of repairing it wasn't so great (240 EUR) i would repair it (i lost my warranty when the screen broke (after a fall from a 1 meter height on cement)).
I can tell you nothing fixes the phone. Not the stock rom, not the 4.1.2 supposed fix, not the dummy file fill, not cyanogen, allianceRom, Slimbean ... you name it and i have tried it. At the time of writing it crashed at least 10 times today.

• 2013-07-21 02:18
  • 3RP5

• 2013-07-21 01:37
  • NkmT

> In reply to biu @ 2013-07-20 08:00 from wdP8 - click to readwhat is SGs5 broo ?

• 2013-07-21 01:32
  • NkmT

> In reply to gaggy @ 2013-07-20 15:44 from w4jC - click to readthank you for your reply

• 2013-07-21 01:30

this phone is amizing

• 2013-07-20 22:40
  • 3Ceb

I am confuse that should I buy Note 2 or S4 please kindly some one advice me what should I do ???

• 2013-07-20 21:20
  • nCiF
Total of 14841 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100.