Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Is this model lte as specified here....some people says it's not...

• 2013-07-12 17:02
  • wHrD

Note II or S4???

• 2013-07-12 13:35
  • fsrd

i have a problem with the screen, its flickering like a neon light, i read somewhere its a battery problem, can anyone confirm

• 2013-07-12 13:11
  • p@I}

Note 2 is by far the best phone I've ever owned. Size of the screen is just nice for browsing the web and playing games. It's not too big and not too small. Its speed as well as long battery life adds support to my praise for the phone. I don't think I will change to another phone for the next few years because of this. Anyway, why is there a need to change phones every now and then just so as to keep up with the latest technology? What matters is self contented.

• 2013-07-12 06:21
  • C2fk

> In reply to TheNeighbor @ 2013-07-12 04:59 from v0qJ - click to readThanks for the reply TheNeighbor,
I had rooted my phone a couple of months ago using odin.
I cant see Philippine vanilla firmware from SamMobile. I can only see XTE, Globe, SMART & SUN.

• 2013-07-12 05:23
  • PT7K

> In reply to nakama1925 @ 2013-07-11 06:01 from PT7K - click to readAny official firmware is Ok. The original was UAE one, but I loaded the Philippine vanilla firmware from SamMobile.com and rooted using High On Android's guide. Look for his YouTube guide and link to his site. You need to be careful and know what you're doing while doing all this. It took me a month's time in learning what other people have done before executing the actual modifications. You're responsible if your unit bricks from mistakes.

• 2013-07-12 04:59
  • v0qJ

My Samsung Note II is at most 3 months old. I keep it in a Samsung case. I dropped it (it was in the case) about 3 feet and the front shattered. It will cost $329.00 to fix my almost $800.00 phone. I am instead going to replace it with something other than a Samsung. As easily as this one broke I do not want to take a chance on another breakage.

• 2013-07-12 01:52
  • Q8mK

Using one for 5 months now.
Screen might sound large but it's somewhat taller than wider and fits nicely in hand. Doesn't fit so nicely in pockets (fits barely and it is noticeable).
+ beautiful screen, 720p is great
+ it's very fast, no hiccups in the UI, handles everything I threw at it
+ S-Pen is fun for writing notes and then OCR them, also fun to write anything (like SMS) and have it recognized (as long as it's in English)
+ great call quality, especially over 4G

- battery drains faster and faster. Initially I could use it with 4G and GPS and BT for about 2 days. Two months later it won't pass the day without recharge for same usage (probably updates & push notifications apps - but as I don't use twitter/fb, I find it weird)
- despite fun, S-Pen is not as useful as it could be.
- Samsung doesn't seem willing to push Android beyond 4.1 and custom ROMs will remove the S-Pen utilities.

• 2013-07-11 16:21
  • 0Ccu

> In reply to aadharshini @ 2013-07-09 08:14 from Y}5r - click to readJust got it confirmed called up samsung cust service .. ....Samsung Note 2 has a corning gorilla glass 2 ...which is toougher and slim den gorilla glass 1

• 2013-07-11 11:42
  • XNts

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-08 16:24 from FMY8 - click to readfunny fellow,want to break it ,use a hammer. ha ha ha

• 2013-07-11 11:36
  • bCqn

> In reply to k @ 2013-07-11 09:38 from bCqn - click to readChoose S4 note 2 it's too big and now older than the S4

• 2013-07-11 10:42
  • n$Vq

Please help me decide Note 2 or s4

• 2013-07-11 09:38
  • bCqn

> In reply to TheNeighbor @ 2013-07-09 14:34 from v0qJ - click to readHi TheNeighbor.
You are also from the Philippines right?
Can you share what firmware you are using. Mine is from Romania Vodafone and I want to change it to Philippine Globe. i downloaded the official firmware from SamMobile.COM but not sure how to do it.
Hope you can share your knowledge to me.regards.

• 2013-07-11 06:01

Hi,
Is it safe to change firmware. I mean I am from the Philippines and my phone current firmware is from Romania Vodafone. I am running version 4.1.2 Romanian firmware.

• 2013-07-11 05:56
  • PT7K

Does the handwriting recognition on works on Line apps?

• 2013-07-11 04:57
  • w0QB

i know it won't recharge while turned off. now my note II is dead due to low charge, how do i recover it? how do i charge the battery. kindly help. tq.

• 2013-07-10 23:11
  • RIEV

> In reply to ki2 @ 2013-07-09 09:29 from vb8D - click to readnon sence we r talking abt note 2 ..............
hi hi hi

• 2013-07-10 20:18
  • utyD
  • F
Total of 14772 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100.