Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to Kkk @ 2013-03-09 03:24 from t1}a - click to readDon't know about others but I am using Note that 2 for last 5 months without any hanging or black out problem.

• 2013-03-09 03:33
  • vGST

> In reply to nick @ 2013-03-08 20:18 from 2@11 - click to readYes. My note 2 hangs and has a lot of Black out issues.

• 2013-03-09 03:24
  • t1}a

I must say this phone is amazing. With it's overly powerful 1.6 GHz Quad core and 2GB of RAM, I am more than impressed. I've heard and seen people compare this with the iPhone 5, yet the iPhone is nowhere near as powerful as this device. With the iPhone 5 only packing a 1.3 GHz Dual core and 1GB of RAM it makes the Note II a must have for those wanting/needing a fast phone and trust me, you will not be disappointed.

The phone is slick looking and although big for some people, the size is something most get used to and can make other phones seem small.

The S-Pen, made with help from Wacom who in my opinion makes amazing drawing tablets, is not just a quick add on, it comes with its own apps and is very enjoyable to use, the Android OS is easy to navigate with the pen and almost makes me want to use nothing BUT the pen.

The phone has an 8 MP rear camera and a 1.9 MP front camera. The display is beautiful and the colours look natural.

When using the phone there is no lag at all, games run smoothly and browsing the internet (using Chrome) is buttery smooth.

When using the phone to talk to someone, it feels a bit weird and clunky next to my ear, it's not much but it can be awkward to use when you're in a crowded place.

All in all, the phone is perfect for me and hopefully will be for others. I have had no difficulties with the phone and have recommended it to many of my friends and family. This phone is a must have and I urge you to buy it or at least try it out.

• 2013-03-09 02:23
  • sXV8

• 2013-03-09 02:22
  • sXV8

> In reply to TheNeighbor @ 2013-03-09 00:11 from v0qJ - click to readWhat tool did you use to colour?

• 2013-03-09 01:09
  • fXsy

> In reply to nick @ 2013-03-08 20:18 from 2@11 - click to readImprove? Are you referring to the Note II? Now Apple and other brands are copying what Samsung did with the Note II. Suddenly, 5"+ screens aren't laughable anymore. I remember a couple started commenting how strange and funny the Note I was in a store a year ago.

Now, we see Sony, HTC, Motorola and Huawei coming up with near 5" screens. Apple increased its screen and has started patenting stylus technology, because apparently a lot of people do use them. The Note series are the ONLY ones with an Android OS that have a Wacom digitizer system. What that means is there's 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity in the S Pen and you can control line widths on the fly when drawing, giving dynamic edge line drawing and air brushing control.

Other than stock S Note for basic sketching there's the free Moleskine app from Samsung store. For more serious drawing painting apps, there's Sketchbook and the new Adobe Photoshop Touch for Phones. Here's a sample with what I did with PS Touch:

And before one particular idiot comments on how fake this is whereby I just "photoshoped" it on a picture, and to save him ANOTHER embarrassment trying to expose me AGAIN, here's the process:

No, you'd have a harder time drawing with your FINGER, especially with a smaller screen like 4".

• 2013-03-09 00:11
  • v0qJ

samsung phone still get hang lot..samsung need to improve itself lot..to defeat i phone..

• 2013-03-08 20:18
  • 2@11

guys have you used Nokia 1280 ))) its better than it

• 2013-03-08 19:15
  • 6p@k

i love galaxy note 2 :-):-):-):-)

• 2013-03-08 16:06
  • PWDw

> In reply to fazil @ 2013-03-08 15:28 from t1$F - click to readHaha haha, I forget to laugh at your valuable comment.

• 2013-03-08 16:06
  • vGTd

> In reply to fazil @ 2013-03-08 15:28 from t1$F - click to readNot only Lumia buddy my Note 2 also..... Why are you bothered?

• 2013-03-08 16:03
  • vGTd

> In reply to Bunyip22 @ 2013-03-08 09:32 from wga2 - click to readThe measurement that you mentioned is quite possible and let's hope Sammy will do it. I am a fan of large screen minimal body (bezels) size devices be it phones or tablet. Just look at the Xperia ZL. The phone is so compact for a 5" screen. BTW do you prefer on screen button or the normal on bezel ones? Cheers.

• 2013-03-08 16:02
  • TC$m

> In reply to Ahmed Mohammed @ 2013-03-08 01:59 from NreX - click to readbuy a new charger same happnd with me

• 2013-03-08 15:57
  • 6PBS

> In reply to Parrysingh @ 2013-03-07 12:32 from vGSQ - click to readParry sing go home with your lumia.

• 2013-03-08 15:28
  • t1$F

An excellent phone with many exciting and new features ... battery life on my way as I expected too good with a whole new desirable features .. finally a happy owner of note 2 :)

• 2013-03-08 10:33
  • tU3@

> In reply to Bunyip22 @ 2013-03-08 09:32 from wga2 - click to readI can imagine the full HD Super AMOLED and the new efficient double quad-core processor that would make the Note III even with a longer battery usage, unlike the other first few HD screened ones that just came out.

I still hope for a removable battery.

• 2013-03-08 10:12
  • v0qJ

Assuming the 5.9" Note 3 rumor is correct (and its probably in the ballpark with a 5" SGS4)

A 5.9" 1080p screen would be 373 ppi.

The screen could fit in the current note 2 body with 3.5mm side bezels and 10mm top and bottom bezels.

The screen would be 73 x 131mm... the current note 2 is 69 x 122mm.

The screen area would be 13% bigger than the note 2.

And the haters said the Note would fail.....
oh yea of little vision!

• 2013-03-08 09:32
  • wga2

my note 2 is taking more time to get charge than it used to take.is this normal?

• 2013-03-08 07:37
  • XuxB

I bought a GT-N7102 in China, it's basically the Note 2 dual sim China version. When I went on a trip to the USA, I found out that it is not a true quadband phone. On sim 1 WCDMA band 850mhz doesn't work, on sim 2 (which is GSM only) 850mhz gsm doesn't work. In other words. No 3G in North America, and no signal for sim 2. I checked the Samsung China website, and the specs clearly state quadband WCDMA and GSM. I called the support hotline, they were blaming my sim, etc etc. A few days later, I found out that Samsung China edited their website and removed those bands that don't work in the US. This has got to be the most blatant bait and switch in mobile phone history! Shame on you Samsung!

• 2013-03-08 07:21
  • vx02

> In reply to dv @ 2013-03-07 17:57 from wHsR - click to readActually a good smart phone is an investment for a business user.... maybe you should do more with your life than play games, tweet and update your facebook status.

p.s. the tax man pays for 40% of my phone so a yearly upgrade is literally free once i eBay my old phone :-)

• 2013-03-08 07:04
  • wga2
Total of 13732 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100.