Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

i am waiting for samsung galaxy s4

• 2013-03-04 08:41
  • j012

I am goutham. Samsung galaxy note 2 is very gud smartphone. i think it is better then samsung galaxy s3

• 2013-03-04 08:11
  • uvwI

> In reply to chintubaruah @ 2013-03-03 20:59 from uw@% - click to readyeah i'm migrating from rotorcraft to fixded wings i'll be flying a lear jet bombardier,corporate pilot, Sir to reply to your question ,its matter of time that the note 7000 will be updated i still own it but upgraded to the 7102 note , fabulous phone,it will not disappoint you,battery life charge it and good for 24 hrs carry a spare and your set for a long vacation , beleive me if there was some other phone that out did the note2 i would be using it, should u egt one keep preswent to not load it it up with gabgage that runs in the background, that will dimish its battery capacity some lag and othe minor problems keep it simple enjoy,happy noting everyone,going home to usa and begin my new adventure God Bles the PH where i worked for 2 yrs nd china my home for last 9 yrs

• 2013-03-04 08:06
  • KP9N

> In reply to Vishalkalal @ 2013-03-04 06:40 from 6q7H - click to readI have class 10 64GB with a 16GB note 2 and it works fine.

Personally i don't think you will notice much difference between either.

• 2013-03-04 07:23
  • wga2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-03 10:18 from wga2 - click to readHi, thanks for the reply. Which card is compatible Micro SD Class 10 or Class 6, if both which will be better to use. Any experience on Samsung note 2 64 GB with 64 GB Micro SD Card..

Thanks....

• 2013-03-04 06:40
  • 6q7H

I finally bot this beast and truly enjoyin. No need to update to 4.1.2 as it was already present out of the box.

• 2013-03-04 06:39
  • 9G{U

can i copy font i use in my computer

• 2013-03-04 06:26
  • Px}P

> In reply to chintubaruah @ 2013-03-03 20:59 from uw@% - click to readGo for Samsung galaxy note 2 :). I too sold my old galaxy note last year and bought Galaxy note 2. After using it for about 2.5 months i can say that this phone is very good with longer battery life. I have updated the phone recently with JB 4.1.2. U can go for this phone.

• 2013-03-04 04:56
  • iUn$

> In reply to Harshal07 @ 2013-03-04 03:12 from tE%@ - click to read12hrs+ is a normal amount of usage time.

• 2013-03-04 03:23
  • v0qJ

Hye guys, I just wonder one thing,, when I used this phone for just few mnute,,at speaker part get warmer,, is it normal for this phone? Pls smbdy help me

• 2013-03-04 03:16
  • KZ8G

I got mine Note 2 on 2nd march..
N it has s/w version 4.1.2 out of d box..

After full charge it gives me 12-15 hrs of battery bakup with 10-15 calls, some games play, internet uses of 1-2hr n downloading some apps over the wifi..

Is it ok for this s/w version coz many users r complaining battery drain issue after updating to this s/w version..??
&
is their any apps for led light indicator to set different colour for dff. Events like mcall,msgs,emails,..??

• 2013-03-04 03:12
  • tE%@

> In reply to chintubaruah @ 2013-03-03 20:59 from uw@% - click to readAs I have explained earlier, a fixed battery smartphone is limited when you need crucial power, especially those two you mentioned. Would you like to get image over substance? 4 hours screen-on usage time per charge than 8 hours actual screen-on usage? If you don't mind not having an S Pen, wait for the Galaxy S IV which likely will be better in power longevity.

You can't honestly say that you like plugging in all the time or having to carry an odd power bank. It would take less than a minute to change batteries than wait to plug in for 2 hours. You can just charge the spent battery at home. Invest on the $50 charger+extra battery set if you decide to get the Note II.

• 2013-03-03 22:47

waiting for note 3 :P

• 2013-03-03 21:03
  • Mfxf

I think Samsung is never gonna give the Jelly Bean update for Note 1 N7000 in India. I was so fed up that i sold my Galaxy Note 1 today. I am a little bit confused of whether to go for HTC One or SONY Xperia Z or SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2 or should i wait a little more for the SAMSUNG Galaxy S4. Please help me out buddies. Your suggestions will help me to make a decision........

• 2013-03-03 20:59
  • uw@%

> In reply to anFan @ 2013-03-03 15:14 from t}Yg - click to readIt's because fat32 format has limit of max 4gb of download.

See here:

• 2013-03-03 20:02
  • wiU1

> In reply to anFan @ 2013-03-03 15:14 from t}Yg - click to readFormat the sd card to fat32 on ur pc or laptop u can use quick format option and dont forget to make a back up b4 format and try it .it sud work and make sure the path is for external sd card and not the internal....hope this will help.

• 2013-03-03 18:02
  • u7JU

Hi Guys, please confirm the scenario for either of these handsets Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100/iPhone 5/Lumia 920:
1. Can we create multiple SMS and save in draft for later editing without having to add a contact name to it?
2. Does it support ASCII/Special characters (like used in facebook art characters) on SMS thread view?
3. Move selected SMS in folders?
Regards...

• 2013-03-03 15:57
  • Hkqr

The move from Note 1's 4 to 5-hour heavy usage to the Note II's 8 to 10 hours of actual screen-on time on heavy usage is a big leap! This darn thing can run up up to 20 hours of my usual 7 hours screen-on with wifi and bluetooth on! I guess the root that allowed the One Power Guard to work to switch to lower frequencies than the 1.6ghz of the processor helps. At full capacity (or gaming mode) it can give me only at least 12 hours; at power save of 1.2ghz, it can extend to 16 to 20 hours of moderate to heavy usage. No lag experience except when you open heavy performing apps like games, S Note - this is when I crank it up to 1.6ghz.

I keep my Note II virtually wireless as I change to a fresh battery once it hits just below 20% (that's like usually on the 16th hour of usage). I don't need to charge my battery with the unit itself since I have the official charger. It's a safety measure too and I cycle 2 other official Samsung batteries for the Note II. This eliminates any worries of carrying a charger to plug it in those odd times when you need power. You just change to fresh ones.

So I just don't get it for smartphones with non-replaceable battery. Especially even with the new ones with 1080p screens that suck up power more. They would argue that a portable power bank or bringing a charger everyday to plug somewhere would solves this problem. And carrying an extra battery and totally replace the spent one in less than a minute is such a hassle than waiting at least 2 hours somewhere? - that is if you're even fine with leaving it in the open and there is a likelihood of theft or leaving it behind. Or not use it often - uh, ok.

For some of us, the Note II serves as a heavy duty device that has the most versatility - what other pocketable device that has the apps and functions of an S Pen? Thank goodness this runs through the day (and more) with a charge.

• 2013-03-03 15:57
  • v0qJ

I recently purchased a 32gb card for my note2. I've installed utorrent n have given the file downld path to the external sdcard.
Whenever i try to dwnld blackops2(15gb) via my 3g in utorrent it shows "Error:File exceeds filesystem size limit (Check)"
Does ne1 knw wat is the prblm?

• 2013-03-03 15:14
  • t}Yg
Total of 13880 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100.