Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

thinking to buy second hand but now sure :(

• 2013-03-17 09:31
  • KIG9

The phone itself is excellent but my Internet provider sucks. Smartphone without net is just plain useless.

• 2013-03-17 08:30
  • v0qJ

> In reply to sachin @ 2013-03-13 09:30 from vI7u - click to readHi dear i think your phone have problem because mine takes 1.5 day to get low battery, my suggestion to you is go to your setting , application manage look for the running application and stop them and see whats gonna happen or change your charging usb cable and used the original one.
cheers

• 2013-03-17 03:35
  • cNbr

> In reply to Bunyip22 @ 2013-03-16 23:10 from wga2 - click to readDefinitely not fitting in the pocket anymore! It's tall as it is, my Note II just barely fits my shirt pocket for site work. It's a handy device and a bigger screened unit like the Note 8 (which I'll be getting as it comes out) would need to be carried in a bag.

I would maybe think that Samsung will deliver the flexible screen onto the next portable Note III? Zero bezel on 2 sides?

• 2013-03-17 02:51
  • v0qJ

> In reply to clientelle @ 2013-03-17 01:09 from uSRU - click to readI saw one in either Sulit.com or ebay.ph and cost P4600. A local trader. I'm not keen on getting one anymore as the battery stamina is staggeringly so high at up to 20 hours per charge! And I would mind the Mugen set thickness and high protective covers will be a problem.

I advice you to get yourself the charger+battery bundle. Changing batteries is fast, making your unit light and the protective impact covers will keep your unit safe from those nasty accidental falls.

Sorry, you need to root for that directory binding and a whole lot more useful apps only available via root. I'm enjoying One Power Guard for cpu & kernel controls, Pie app launcher (LMT launcher app), Nova Prime gesture controls, Titanium Backup, Cerberus security app (converted as permanent system app so that it can never be erased), and more stuff along the way.

• 2013-03-17 02:36
  • v0qJ

> In reply to TheNeighbor @ 2013-03-16 18:42 from v0qJ - click to readis there no other way to do the migration of files but to use the bind app and root the phone? it's too risky for someone like me who doesn't have the techies...

can someone tell me how to transfer files from the unit to the SD card without rooting the phone? tnx in advance

also where can i buy the mugen power batter in the philippines? need help

• 2013-03-17 01:09
  • uSRU

> In reply to Bunyip22 @ 2013-03-16 23:10 from wga2 - click to readi would say if it's going to be for a tabphone... below 6in is best... because whatever we do, we don't need to forget that it is a phone and it needs to be handy... at 5.5in it is already huge, what more for a 6in?

but i won't say no to a 6 in tabphone, well that depends on the persons preference

• 2013-03-17 01:03
  • uSRU

be happy :D

• 2013-03-16 23:32
  • fq6P

There are 2 rumored sizes for the Note 3 being 5.9" and 6.3".

I have done a few calcs using the SGS4 bezel widths.

A 5.9" phone would be 81 x 156.6mm.

A 6.3" phone would be 86 x 165.5mm.

I expect it to be 1mm thinner at about 8.5mm.

The note 2 is 80.5 x 151mm.

I think i would prefer a phone at or below 6", what do you think?

• 2013-03-16 23:10
  • wga2

> In reply to Mikocruzat95 @ 2013-03-16 18:29 from Kg%H - click to readto the best on my knowledge they are only available online from hong kong www.mungen.com.personally i can speak proudly of owingone for the note 7000,they recently intoduced one for the note II,goodle mungen and it will give you more imformation how good it is good enough for 4 days with general usage not cheap about $90.0 usd

• 2013-03-16 22:58
  • Ixax

I just finished installing and configuring the Directory Bind app - where it redirects apps data to the micro SD card instead of the Note II's internal 11GB+ available user's storage. I have now kept the internal with 7GB+ free, while data is accessed from my new SanDisk Ultra (class 10 or UHS 1)32GB micro SD card. Skipped the 64GB for my next Note unit in 2 month's time.

This is trimming the internal from 8GB+ usage because of systems data accumulating, and sometimes I start running out from multiple torrent downloading.

You need to have your unit rooted if you do want to avail of this method for migrating apps data to the card. Here's the link:

Rooting is at your risk, and no one except yourself is to blamed if you commit mistakes and brick your unit. Cheers everyone!

• 2013-03-16 18:42
  • v0qJ

Where can I buy the MUGEN POWER battery here in the Philippines?

• 2013-03-16 18:29
  • Kg%H

Good News for all Note 2 owners!!

Samsung Updates: Flagship Phones from Galaxy series (S 3, Note 2) to get new software features.

See the link beliw...

• X0RI

samsung galaxy note tab 2 is a very nice mobile my choice tab 2

• 2013-03-16 17:38
  • X0RI

> In reply to Annonnymouse @ 2013-03-15 02:35 from HCwA - click to readCan ny 1 tell me how to use nfc?

• 2013-03-16 17:06
  • 2Z1M

Nice device..queitly brilliant device..
Excellent features..no one can beat note 2..use it..
Then u can understand..

• 2013-03-16 16:34
  • JFxd

Hi Guys, please confirm the scenario for either of these handsets Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100/iPhone 5/Lumia 920/Xperia Z:
1. Can we create multiple SMS and save in draft for later editing without having to add a contact name to it?
2. Does it support ASCII/Special characters (like used in facebook art characters) on SMS thread view?
3. Move selected SMS in folders?
Regards...

• 2013-03-16 16:15
  • Hkqk

white in my opinion is better as i own 1 white note 2
but you have to put a cover on it or it might fade

• 2013-03-16 14:42
  • YTEq
Total of 14147 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100.