Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 - user opinions and reviews

20929504

7.3
7.4
7.3

Here are a few apps all Note GB users should have who are not going to update to ICS like me.

1. QuickPic: Alternative photo/video gallery. Very fast.

2. GoLauncher + GoLocker: Best launcher and lock screen app with very cool widgets.

3. BIG! Caller Id: Full screen photos of incoming/outgoing callers.

• 2012-06-25 09:08
  • utpP

> In reply to [deleted post]Which method did u use ? OTA or Kies, Try long press the power button until the phone turn off, reboot the phone to see it's help ? if not sent back to service centre, your phone bricked, need re install the firmware.

• 2012-06-25 08:50
  • IV8U

> In reply to Sam9teen @ 2012-06-24 19:41 from vbyd - click to readGo to setting_developers option background process_no/2process.i will help you a little. After that your have more ram free space and it doesn't let many apps work.

• 2012-06-24 20:55
  • nsCx

> In reply to Sam9teen @ 2012-06-24 19:41 from vbyd - click to readDischarge the phone completely and charge it till you get the message disconnect charger. All will be well!

• 2012-06-24 19:58
  • vbMh

40% decrease in battery life after ICS update. 11 hours with 10 sms and 2 calls and battery is 28%. have to charge twice a day, thats too without using any feature of NOTE...... ICS sucks..

• 2012-06-24 19:41
  • vbyd

> In reply to MDAWOOD @ 2012-06-19 20:11 from iA0U - click to readhey man i'm from alexandria egypt & i'm already enjoying the ICS for more than 10 days already & please can you tell me what e-mail did you use to contact samsung cuz i got a problem with the java & i need their help thanks

don't forget to upgrade now cuz i already did
:D

• 2012-06-24 18:00
  • fvIF

> In reply to queyet @ 2012-06-24 12:29 from thaP - click to readyea ur right im facing the same problem

• 2012-06-24 17:50
  • utyp

is there any reliable firmware update of ICS without bricking my note?
i read about XXLPY 4.0.3...it's not reccomended.
can't upgrade via OTA or Kies.
how long will it take samsung to announce official ICS update ??
i ve heard that 4.0.3 for galaxy note...makes it going slower in internet etc.
when i upgrade my old galaxy s2...internet downloading was getting faster.so whats going on samsung??i think that none of samsung guys really gives shit about galaxy note.so maybe we ll stay with our 2.3.7 gingerbread.

• 2012-06-24 16:52
  • nmGu

> In reply to mhm @ 2012-06-24 15:10 from nsCx - click to readsorry. yes, i didn't mean the stock apps. i mean the user-installed apps.

btw, i will check the site later, tnx

• 2012-06-24 15:42
  • tha9

Is anyone using SGN without screen protector? Is it good to use without it? I just hope the stylus will not scratch the screen.

• 2012-06-24 15:21
  • UGm8

> In reply to queyet @ 2012-06-24 13:09 from thaP - click to readI thought first you mean uninstall stock apps. So now leave it. If you want a good site for download apps and games and Ics apps go to approb.com I hope you like the site.

• 2012-06-24 15:10
  • nsCx

i upgrate my galaxy note phone and now my phone is slow h can increase the ram for galaxy note.

• 2012-06-24 14:15
  • MpPd

> In reply to sards @ 2012-06-23 20:41 from mVx@ - click to readur right i upgrate my phone and now my phone is slow h can increase the ram for galaxy note.

• 2012-06-24 14:11
  • MpPd

> In reply to mhm @ 2012-06-24 12:54 from nsCx - click to readi updated using the officially released software thru OTA. it took me around 35min.

• 2012-06-24 13:09
  • thaP

> In reply to queyet @ 2012-06-24 12:29 from thaP - click to readYou mean update via odin is better than OTA or Kies.

• 2012-06-24 12:54
  • nsCx

to avoid problematic issues with ICS update, i think one should uninstall apps first, some of these apps might be incompatible with ICS and could interrupt or make conflict with the new settings when the GNote reboots after update. anyway you can install them back. no need to reset. back up data if it's necessary. most users who found ICS update good are new owners of GNote.

• 2012-06-24 12:29
  • thaP

> In reply to mhm @ 2012-06-24 09:26 from nsCx - click to readThanks for the reply Frnd...But I also Did Factory Reset After Upgrade..Plz check and tell me is FIFA 12 is workinj or not... i am sure its not.and ya battery improvement only in standby ..i agree with that and ya My phone also is not rooted...

• 2012-06-24 09:38
  • 3CaI

i don't agree with mr.salemm..because I don't have these problems with Ics exept battery problem.all apps work(with factory reset).I am so happy that i can use Ics and new phones apps.the Ics stock apps in note are very better than GB.no problem and i didn't root my note.i am on ZSLPF.i played nova 3 on my note and it run perfectly.and now wait for asphalt 7.

• 2012-06-24 09:26

All My Gingerbread Frnds:
Please do not Update to ICS Now.Its Fluid I agree but There Are Lot Of Problems Which Came in My Note After Update..
1.All Apps Don't Work( Not Like GB Where everythin is compatible)
2.For All the Guys Who r in Gaming,Gameloft Games like (Fifa 12,Asphalt 6..etc) Don't Work on ICS.
3.Applications keep on Crashin like a routine stuff..seriously frustated.
4.Some applications don't appear on Android market After ICS upgrade.(Which used to appear in GB)
5.Battery life is good(ONLY IN STANDBY MODE).if playin games the battery performance same as GB.

So guys, I know u all r eager to have the new system and style..but whats the use if all the things which we want r not compatible yet...I advice u all to wait till this is solved..since i am feelin guilty about why did i upgrade now...now i can't play my fav games ,most of my fav apps not workin now....and ya don't forget the application crashing on routine basis ( no use already tried to solve this by reinstalling them but still the problem is there)

So guys be patient..i don't want all of u to suffer what i am suffering now...so wait till all this things r solved....

Regards,
Mohammed Saleem

• 2012-06-24 09:14
  • 3CaI

> In reply to herkooo @ 2012-06-24 07:19 from fm3x - click to readyou should do a factory reset after update.my s note didn't work first but after factory reset all problems solved.be sure all data(and your files) in your phone will be delet.but you should do that.so first put yoir files in your computer and then go to setting > back up and rest > factory data reset.

• 2012-06-24 08:20
  • nsCx
Total of 11004 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.