Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 - user opinions and reviews

20252782

7.3
7.4
7.3

galaxy note is a gr8 fone..bt lacks the quality of d super amoled hd display..it has a yellow spots at some places on the screen..they r nt very prominent..nd also some notes hve a line dividng the screen, one half is yellowish than d other 1....its a gud fone bt lacks build quality..

• 2012-06-04 11:27
  • vIb{

UK. I had BIG LAG issues after updating to ics. My phone is pure stock and i updated through kies. Everytime i came out of an app my phone had to reload all its widgets. I read a lot of talk abkut factory resets and brick stories. I went for it cos i would still be under warremty... Now its sweet... No lag and is faster than ever. Instant music... Gallery and all apps open faster so my advice if ur having issues.. Save all you can to your memory card and reset your baby :-)

• 2012-06-04 11:17
  • H5Um

> In reply to Muki @ 2012-06-04 11:13 from P$Dy - click to readThe last date for giving free accessories was 2nd June and today when I checked on website. It says promotion expired.

• 2012-06-04 11:15
  • P$Dy

Any idea whether samsung is extending the date for giving free accessories i.e. senheiser headphones etc...

• 2012-06-04 11:13
  • P$Dy

Maximum size for sd card is not 32gb but 64gb

• 2012-06-04 11:07
  • d$h1

> In reply to alexieLAngel @ 2012-06-04 08:45 from tu6x - click to readit is phabulous!! =p
and if u like pink color, try the pink one.

• 2012-06-04 09:37
  • iwtp

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-04 07:48 from HktX - click to readi think you should wait. Or if you really want to upgrade, i suggest u to do that at samsung service center.
I've updgraded to ICS and faced battery issue. Today i went to samsung service center and they admitted that ICS is more power hungry than GB, and more complicated too. So they asked me if i want to reset my note to GB and i did. They said if in the future iwish to upgrade to ICS, i should do that at the service center.

ICS is good. It is more fluid, faster browser, and you get s-memo. But until samsung fix this battery issue, i think i'll stick to GB.

• 2012-06-04 09:34
  • iwtp

> In reply to irfaniffi @ 2012-06-04 08:09 from Rxft - click to readThis is video of the battery usage of the Note for not much in use except looking at the picture gallery. Of course you get 4 days of battery standby without using it much!

All of Note's normal systems (standby, screen, phone idle, Android OS, core apps, systems) came to 94% of the battery usage of those 4 days!

Try giving us a realistic stats of normal usage than 4 days of probably 2 hours worth of looking at pictures!

A much as I would like my Note's charge to last for days on a charge, that's not realistically happening when I use it as my main internet surfing and downloading device. I can say I'm half the time online during the day, at times listening to internet radio and downloading torrents. I CHANGE to a fresh battery normally at every 7 hours or so and I regularly would go through 2 fresh battery charges daily, with a 3rd one ready just in case.

Make full usage for what was designed for, and not just an accessory that you pull out to show people (your business, anyway).

• 2012-06-04 09:17
  • v0qx

hey guys is this galaxy note really a good phone?
i am using optimus black now,,and i was thinking about changing my phone to this galaxy note..

• 2012-06-04 08:45
  • tu6x
  • alexielangelSantuary
  • Rating0

hey guys...i am using optimus LG now,,and i want to change my phone to Galaxy Note..and y question is,,
Is Samsung Galaxy Note is a good phone?

• 2012-06-04 08:39
  • tu6x

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-04 07:48 from HktX - click to readIt is better that your wait for a month or so for the next update to release., coz this update of ICS 4.0.3 has some minor bugs and battery issues which could possibly be resolved in next update.. enjoy gingerbread for now... :)

• 2012-06-04 08:28
  • 7wx8

Many people are complaining regarding poor battery life after ICS updation, But i am very satisfied with battery after ICS updation. This is evidence: Please must watch it....

• 2012-06-04 08:09
  • Rxft

I think that it is a fantastic phone-tablet. I got it about a week ago and i am preety much impressed by its speeds and battery. I think that it is byfar the best that samsung have produced. I just wanted to ask that should i do the update to ice cream sandwich as my phone is just a week old? Or i should just wait for some time??

• 2012-06-04 07:48
  • HktX

> In reply to will lee wanta @ 2012-06-04 07:27 from iwtp - click to readI totally agree with wat you say...i aldy go samsung center to change the stupid battery bt unfortunately is still the same..some of ppls called me change the developer to 4 process only,bt whn you change ur hp will seem lag..and performance getting down..i think the only way to get battery life better is wait samsung update the software.. by the way,you can try down load juices defender and try,it may last a bit longer..bro v r same situation..lol..

• 2012-06-04 07:45
  • fxM3

> In reply to mhm @ 2012-06-03 20:42 from nsCx - click to readno. battery is very berry important!
now, i kinda regret updating to ics. Note with GB is quite fluid. And yes ICS brings improvement in ui, browsing, and s-memo. But if that sacrifices battery life, i prefer not to update.
But what confuses me is that some poeple claim to have better battery life with ICS. Yet, they never mention how long their notes last with ICS compared to when they're using GB.
Mine with GB can last up to 2days. And now with ICS (and new battery), it can last 24hrs at most (with minimum use)

• 2012-06-04 07:27
  • iwtp

> In reply to Sandy @ 2012-06-02 14:38 from P$uD - click to readur battery should b full(100%) before updating.

• 2012-06-04 07:12
  • Mtf1

> In reply to mhm @ 2012-06-03 18:28 from nsCx - click to readWill Giv A try...But Still Looks A lot Risky.

• 2012-06-04 07:06
  • HByX

> In reply to ewin @ 2012-06-03 19:50 from vGc{ - click to readDeveloper option only when you upgrade to ICS , you can upgrade via KIES in your PC or LapTop with USB cable but I have seen some people have done via WIFI

• 2012-06-04 05:22
  • t7sN

I just got the bluetooth Sonyericsson LiveView MN800, a 1.3" OLED screened Android device that alerts you of phone calls, read text, news feed, social network updates, email, and extra plugins that apparently does not work with the Note. Perhaps the ICS update on the Note is not working properly.

The Liveview also remote controls the music or internet radio, and works quite fine with the basic alerts and reading functions on your wrist. This is for people who commute, to avoid getting your Note out of your pocket for safety or hassle. You can keep the entire phone silent with just being alerted via the vibration and small light alert of the Liveview. There is a new Sony version of LiveView called SmartWatch, which is probably more compatible with ICS devices, but costs like US$150. It's a full touch screen, like the iPod Nano, while the Liveview only has four front touch points for navigation and you press the upper left key on the corner to select stuff. Not bad though for the Liveview only going for US$47 (Php 1995).

Some of the plugins for the LiveView i like aren't all working, like image viewer to remote the camera shooting (useful for mounted positions), small map navigation feeds, SMS scripted responses, contacts dialer, and other nifty stuff. It was reviewed as having trouble keeping a constant bluetooth connection, but there thanks to an app called LiveView Charm, it resolves this problem. The plugins i found that work with the Note with ICS are Gmail reader, RSS reader, Phone Weaver (phone settings profile changer), and a trail tracker app.

Some S2 users running on GB report that some of the plugins I like work with theirs, making me suspect that they are not tuned to ICS yet.

Another thing that I found not working with the Note after the ICS update is the stock video maker app. It crashes whenever I try to edit HD stuff I took.

I hope a patch is underway.

• 2012-06-04 02:31
  • t7Mc

When ics for Note will come to Portugal?

• 2012-06-04 00:08
  • 3Ejq
Total of 10939 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.