Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 - user opinions and reviews

14%

7.2
7.3
7.2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-05-29 19:56 from pJ7E - click to readSorry, some of us like me have owned this model since it came out.Battery conditioning only takes less than 5 cycles. I have flashed my unit after the ICS update and the Swype app, which is a default in most of Samsung's smartphones is consuming more than 50% of the battery usage. That causes some alarm, since it never consumes more than 5% before the update.

It's good that you are getting an impressive battery performance that I've hoped for too. It would be great if Samsung could give us an improved update to answer some of the issues that we are really experiencing.

I'm not using the Swype function in order to test how a full charge can last without it.

• 2012-05-30 00:45
  • v0qx

When ics for Note in Portugal? Anyone have? Im tired of waiting!

• 2012-05-30 00:33
  • S4rH

> In reply to nick @ 2012-05-28 21:17 from P$uD - click to readUpdate via Kies.

• 2012-05-29 22:02
  • fxP$

Hey guys i was updated my note to ics and i m not enjoying it.
There shoud be touchwiz 5.0 and s voice preinstalled.
Same boaring menu style,not much changes.
And where is the my story app?
What happen samsung its much awaited update and u dsptd.

• 2012-05-29 20:55
  • rJAf

> In reply to irfaniffi @ 2012-05-29 18:01 from syj9 - click to readCharge the spent battery separately. Get extra battery and charger. If you can afford a Note, you can afford them. You need not need to charge "while in use".

• 2012-05-29 20:47
  • v0qx

Hi! how can I upgrade my note from GB tO ICS?

• 2012-05-29 20:32
  • N7DX

I'm on ics and battery is really good anyone with battery issues either hasn't conditioned it right or they aren't using the phone correctly

• 2012-05-29 19:56
  • pJ7E

> In reply to skunal @ 2012-05-28 22:20 from uvfX - click to readplease check your battery life.
is it getting worse?

• 2012-05-29 19:00
  • PASA

> In reply to johnny @ 2012-05-29 04:20 from PUmB - click to readi agree bro. i am one of the victim =p

• 2012-05-29 18:59
  • PASA

> In reply to irfaniffi @ 2012-05-29 07:40 from 258k - click to readreally? will that work? i've recharged my battery more than 3 times now and battery life is still poor.
And do i need to unistall and reinstall my apps to achive good battery life? if so, i'll do it.
please reply :)

• 2012-05-29 18:57
  • PASA

> In reply to johnny @ 2012-05-29 04:20 from PUmB - click to readyes i agree. ICS drains battery fast. And my phone becomes so warm

• 2012-05-29 18:55
  • PASA

> In reply to TheNeighbor @ 2012-05-29 11:21 from v0qx - click to readi use swiftkey x. But i don't know if keyboard needs a lot of RAM. But yes, after upgrading to ics, battery life becomes an issue to me

• 2012-05-29 18:53
  • PASA

> In reply to Yamin India @ 2012-05-29 16:42 from U2hd - click to readDear Yamin,
AS well battery temp. is concerned... please consider the following:
1. In india and Pakistan, now a days temprature is going to touch 45-50c.Dual core mobiles always remain hot even in normal usage in summer.
2. Never operate galaxy note during charging... It will become so hot.
3.As per battery engineers of galaxy note... battery should not hot. It will reduce the life of battery and overall performance...
4. If you will visit "university of batteries" you will find that full draining and full charging theory does not apply with these (GN battery) batteries.
5. So best way is whenever you have time you can charge your mobile through laptop or through normal charger. I mean ( expert recommendation) that when you will charge your battery in steps it will never hot. it will enhance the overall battery life..

In my case i charge my cell through laptop in my office, when i feel that battery is going to hot, I unpluged my cell and agian charge after 15-20 minutes..So my theory is that your cell during charging should never hot for great battery life. It can achieve only through charging step by step..In this way battery will never go down.
Hope you will understand this concept..
Irfan( Pakistan)

• 2012-05-29 18:01
  • syj9

Bought My 1st Galaxy Note Today.And while charging what i see is that my battery temperature rises upto 52 degrees celcius .whereas when i remove the charger the temperature falls down to 40 odd degree celcius.Before this phone i used xperias and other galaxies but none of them reached 40 degrees ever.Is it because of the battery capacity 2500mah? or there's sum probs with the device or battery or d charger? any answers and comments ?...ill really appreciate

• 2012-05-29 16:42
  • U2hd

samsunh galaxy note heating issues are there in my cell phone,i dont know why,the company said they replaced the pcb means mother board but there is still heating issues,iam planning to file a case in cunsumer court,

• 2012-05-29 15:46
  • utCU

Great. Just upgraded to ICS and already enjoyin it...Albania

• 2012-05-29 14:43
  • smma

ICS OTA update finally available in India..downloading as I write this..Yipeeee!!!!

• 2012-05-29 13:16
  • vGAn

today galaxy s3 came in some countries.so what do you think:is the galaxy s3 features good to sell the GN or any phones and buy it or it is better wait for next GN(in ifa) and other new phone like WP8 devices until end of 2012?are you really want s3 or think GN is better now with Ics(that is for me) or you want a quad core phone?can you leave 5.3 inch screen for 4.8 one?(please answer)

• 2012-05-29 12:32
  • HFhS

Just upgrading now to ICS in Albania

• 2012-05-29 11:30
  • smma

Ok! I was not into the complaint department on the Note before the update has affected the battery effeciency. I just noticed that the Swype keyboard function has been consuming more than half the overall battery usage! Has anyone noticed this too?

There is some glitch, as to maybe why the keyboard encoding has been freezing. Samsung, you need this fixed. I am back to regular default keyboard, but would still want to use the Swype function again.

• 2012-05-29 11:21
  • v0qx
Total of 10744 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.