Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 - user opinions and reviews

11%

7.2
7.3
7.2

i had serious battery issues initially i then updated to ddlp8 wich is the offical ics for india but works on any phone i updated using odin you can find instructions here http://androidadvices.com/upda...e/&nb­sp;this doesnt root the phone or increase the flash counter its the official update from the kies servers

• 2012-05-25 19:13
  • pJ7E

> In reply to D.J XactiX @ 2012-05-25 17:55 from P$uD - click to readRam still seems alot higher than gb but have had my phone of charge since 6 30 this morning in 11 hours has gone down to 76% with 2 5 minute phone calls 30 mins of playing fish live (sad I know), and another 30 mins Web browsing plus a bit of messing around with. Nova launcher 25 % fr that is pretty respectable I think. Have had the brightness on medium mind on full brightness probs would. Have used double

• 2012-05-25 18:52
  • pJ7E

> In reply to D.J XactiX @ 2012-05-25 17:55 from P$uD - click to readhttp://androidadvices.com/upda...-3-firmware/ I used this not seen it on xda this site explains things well and is very simple took me bout half hour all together most of tht waiting for the firmware file to download lol

• 2012-05-25 18:43
  • pJ7E

hey guys! if you go to setting>developer options in Ics you can find some interesting thongs.there are some new options that can increas battery life.

• 2012-05-25 18:38
  • nsCx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-05-25 17:36 from mX1L - click to readGreat bro...provide me XDA link of it !!!

• 2012-05-25 17:55
  • P$uD

> In reply to [deleted post]use odin to update to ddlp8 m8 solves the batter issues is very quick and smooth no lag on homescreen or anything

• 2012-05-25 17:36
  • mX1L

Time to share the xperience guys.

I have upgraded my Note from GB to ICS on the same day it was released....I am talking about the Indian region ICS 4.0.3.

After waiting for so long what I found is dissapointment.

Dissapointment ???

Alright then let me start with bad about ICS 4.0.3 Update for Galaxy Note.

1) When I had GB 2.3.6 my Note RAM consumption was 350-400 and after killing all the task it use to go to 295 but after installing ICS 4.0.3 it always stays at 450-500.
2) Coz of more usage of RAM it wont allow you to do multiple task at the same time and if you try to that then phone will start lagging and will become unresponsive .
3) If you are using Note for more than a month then you will easily come to know that GB was quicker and lagging free compare to ICS 4.0.3.
4) Now if I talk about the apps compatiblity ,ICS 4.0.3 comes with a one plugin pre-installed which is MusicFX,what it do is if you try to install and open and music apps like Winamp Player,Volume Boost+,Equalizer (Paid Version)...etc then your note will stop responding for a minute and you will get an error message for an example " Unfourtanely,Winamp has stopped".
Fact is MusicFX which is getting used in ICS 4.0.3 development is actually a 3rd party app which we can downloaded from Play Store and its copatible with GB too.

5) I was expecting some kind of a changes in TouchWiz UI like the ways we have other ICS running handsets but s the same no difference at all except the settings option...no extra or new widget provided too.
6) Battery drains very very quickly because of high usage of RAM.

Now lets see what are the good in ICS 4.0.3,

1) MusicFX which came pre installed really made big difference in music listening quality.The sound output is far better than GB.
2) Web Browsing is improved a lot...Browser is faster than ever.
3) Touch response is fairly optimised.
4) Data Usage control option is the best part in ICS

Thats all guys ....Now M going home and will use ODIN to get my fav & stable GB 2.3.6 back on my Note and will use JIG to get my warranty back.

Thanks for wasting ur time on reading my review.

Thanks & Regards
Shaikh Sarfaraz aka D.J XactiX
------------------BIG comes with BUGS------------------

• 2012-05-25 17:32
  • P$uD

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-05-25 14:00 from ijyX - click to readi had serious battery issues initially i then updated to ddlp8 wich is the offical ics for india but works on any phone i updated using odin you can find instructions here http://androidadvices.com/upda...-3-firmware/ this doesnt root the phone or increase the flash counter its the official update from the kies servers

• 2012-05-25 17:32

hi everyone
I am currently a proud owner of GS2, however I fell in love with the larger screen, and practicality of Note. I am thinking to sell my GS2 and get this one.
can you please tell me the followings:
1. on average use, how long the battery last?
2. what is the biggest fault of this phone?
3. how does it compare to GS2 in terms of functions? is it faster?
4. tell me anything which empressed you about this phone?

thanks so much

• 2012-05-25 15:19
  • 95Hj

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-05-25 12:20 from mX1L - click to readfirmware is DDLP4

• 2012-05-25 14:00

• 2012-05-25 13:18
  • ijyX

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-05-25 12:20 from mX1L - click to readHelp us, heres the details:

Baseband version: N7000DXLP5
Builf number: IML74K.DXLP9

• 2012-05-25 12:51
  • v0qx

I've just got ICS for my Note and no Premium Suite as promised. Only got Widget for S-Memo.
Where are the S-Note and My Story?

• 2012-05-25 12:50
  • uCb6

I've just got ICS for my note.
Where is the premium suite?
How do i get it?

• 2012-05-25 12:47
  • uCb6

> In reply to gerry @ 2012-05-25 03:56 from wYJW - click to readpeople with battery issues what firmware are you on?

• 2012-05-25 12:20
  • mX1L

ICS seems to harsh on my note battery.. it is draining very quickly.. browser also crashes sometimes.. battery saver option is also not working.. somebody help me please..

• 2012-05-25 10:44
  • ijyX

for battery is good to check that deep sleep is working or not.
you can check with cpu spy app.if it not working just one time take out your battery when turn off phone.

• 2012-05-25 10:29
  • nsCx

Everything is ok in ics update but the main thing is battery.

• 2012-05-25 10:03
  • 2T1E

You might be finding the battery with a shorter since probably toy have been fiddling with your Note a lot since you got your update?

I heard one time that there would be an screen inverted function for the ICS internet browser to save on power, especially for AMOLED screens, in where the text would be white against a black background. Anyone caught that? I'm looking for that setting.

• 2012-05-25 09:49
  • t7Mc

You might be finding the battery with a shorter since probably you have been fiddling with your Note a lot since you got your update?

• 2012-05-25 09:48
  • t7Mc
Total of 10619 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.