Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.3
7.4
7.3

> In reply to PRIDE @ 2012-06-06 07:46 from HKS5 - click to readOk after 36 mins of web browsing using wifi with the screen mostly displying white background I used up 10% ofthe battery. (displying white colours WILL EAT BATTERY.

So to recap.
Using official ics. via ota.

About 2h 59m standby.
36min web browsing using wifi.
Battery now down to 89%.
More later.

• 2012-06-06 08:13
  • HKS5

I will post more detail about my battery after ics update but this morning I ran a little test. My battery went from 100% to 99% in 2h 49m of stand by. Durring this time, the screen was switched on 3 times to check settings. I have 3g on in a none 3g area, live wallpaper is on as well as mobile data is switched on.
More tests to come.
*Please be aware though that after updating to ics, as another poster also mentioned, you might find that any dowloaded apps you have are all opened and I had to force close them all. So this could well be one of the reasons your note is loosing battery fast*.

• 2012-06-06 07:46
  • HKS5

hi all good day!

i bought a galaxy note a few days back and it looks amazing execpt for the size. i would appreciate someone answer my below doubts:

1. how can i retrieve mails archived in gmail?
2. is it possible to interchange the mail accounts already set up in email & gmail mail options?
3. what are the main differences in terms of utilities, between emails set up under gmail & email options?

thanks,
shaff

• 2012-06-06 06:46
  • nC66

i have upgrade to ICS for my note, but i face some issue in account synchronize...how to reset to GB? anyone can help?

• 2012-06-06 06:18
  • IW9H

> In reply to annihnvn @ 2012-06-05 21:39 from Si$4 - click to readmine with GB can last up to 2 days with decent use. One and half days if i use internet and camera more often. It is marvelous. Brightness set to max, 3g on, but sync options is not set to auto/push.
With ICS i can only get 20 hrs at most with MINIMAL use. I was disappointed so i switched my note back to GB.
Yea, i miss the fluidity and s-memo of ICS. But for me, battery life is more important.

• 2012-06-06 06:03
  • PASA

After ics the note is bad.it is very slow & heat up,battery backup is not so fair.

• 2012-06-06 04:06
  • rJGr

i work at apple..but i use note..for me it is much better than the 4s that i have..

• 2012-06-05 23:52
  • IVUy

> In reply to M7md Al Gadi @ 2012-06-05 20:26 from fu{y - click to readHi..bought mine last month for rm 1900 plus a 4GB memo card and
a case.

• 2012-06-05 23:48
  • tug$

> In reply to Guest 5 @ 2012-06-05 14:30 from v0qK - click to readGood for you..and you shall love it even more after ICS update

• 2012-06-05 23:48

a case.

• 2012-06-05 23:43
  • tug$

Hi I updated my SGN last night to ICS and my personal thoughts are that it feels more fluid than GB....internet is smoother as are the home screens but the one thing that really stands out is the battery life is way better than GB. I disconnected my phone this am at 3 and by 7.45pm the same day it showed 17% battery life. during that time I used it to surf the net, updated a few apps and used it for texting although no phone calls. In my opinion thats brilliant! just for information i'm on the vodafone network in the UK!

• 2012-06-05 23:41
  • pw98

So many people complains about Note's battery since ICS update. That makes me wonder if my Note has bad battery life too comparing with GB. I bought Note right after the release of ICS update, so I had not experienced GB long enough. I do not have any draining battery problem with my Note on ICS, or is it just my feeling?
Normally my Note lose around 1 to 1.2 % per hour in standby mode. It's a little too much but not seriuous in my opinion. Wlan or mobile data always connected, display brightness set on auto, no energy saving mode, fb, gtalk, emails, tapatalk and many other apps uses internet on background... Generally I must find the charger only after 4.5h of active screens. It's quite okay to me. But I wonder how long will Note last on GB. Could someone tell me?

• 2012-06-05 21:39
  • Si$4

Hi I got ics last night and I've gotta say its brilliant. I'm my opinion battery life is way better than GB. It maybe be because I'm in the habit of closing apps. I disconnected the phone this morning at 3 am and now is down to 17% and its now 7.45 pm the same day. Yes the phone had been used for internet texting, retrieving emails and so on. But I've made no phone calls so far. For completion I'm on Vodafone in the UK.

• 2012-06-05 20:47
  • pw98

hi everyone, i wanna ask about the price of G. Note in malaysia ..... thanks

• 2012-06-05 20:26
  • fu{y

> In reply to ZMan786 @ 2012-06-05 16:11 from Tr8a - click to readno. it will slow your note so that you cannot enjoy the fluidity of ics
ICS + galaxy note = awsome!
but it is not supported with good battery life.
p.s i reseted my note to GB. Battery life in ICS is really frustrating

• 2012-06-05 19:57
  • iwtp

> In reply to dom @ 2012-06-05 18:11 from t7uh - click to readsame problem here, indonesia
i had my note reseted to GB at the service center. But then i noticed that how fluid and fast ICS is after i returned to GB. But if it drains the battery like crazy, i think i'll stick to GB until samsung fix this battery issue

• 2012-06-05 19:53
  • iwtp

> In reply to dom @ 2012-06-05 18:11 from t7uh - click to readsorry i can't help you with your problem but i wanna ask you about the price in malaysia .... thanks

• 2012-06-05 19:50
  • fu{y

hey guys my name is shaun, i have faced same problme with ics when i updated. the bettery was really bad. i was lost for some time, but then i found a solution. guess what? root ur note with kernel. istruction is given in rootgalaxynote.com. follow the video and enjoy ur icse with gurentee of bettery long life

• 2012-06-05 19:21
  • w7i0

after update to ICS..battery getting bad..pls.pls.samsung fix it....from malaysia

• 2012-06-05 18:11
  • t7uh

I'm so in love with my Galaxy Note.. After updating it into Ice Cream Sandwich OS.. whew - total satisfaction... so far much better than S2 and Iphone4 i have before..

• 2012-06-05 17:45
  • K7eu
Total of 11027 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.