Samsung Galaxy Pocket S5300 - user opinions and reviews

6.9

Main disadvantages:
1.Graphic looks dull
2.No dedicated keys
3.Haven't promise upgrade to Android OS 4.0(Ice Cream Sandwich)
4.Camera a bit shine
5.Small solutions touchscreen

• 2012-07-31 11:45
  • ibXL

Main advantages:
1.Android OS is 2.3(Gingerbread)
2.Battery same as Galaxy Y
3.Processor same as Galaxy Y
4.Cheaper than usual smartphones
5.Easier to use applications

• 2012-07-31 11:38
  • ibXL

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-30 13:24 from fnk5 - click to readtry plan b from google play

• 2012-07-31 10:17
  • 3Ebh

Awaysome

• 2012-07-31 08:17
  • 2ZYP

Im torn between galaxy pocket or LG L3. Please tell me which is better in terms of battery back-up, multimedia, web browsing and gaming. Please.

• 2012-07-31 05:37
  • 4riP

are jelly bean apps compatible to gingerbread apps ?
i saw a site where can i install lots of apps but the problem is i dont know if those apps there are compatible with that phone its because the OS is gingerbread and not jelly bean .

• 2012-07-31 01:26
  • t7Xh

i have a question. is the galaxy pocket compatible to update ics? bcoz this phone has 1gb rom and 2.22gb internal. they can a ics lite for this phone. right?

• 2012-07-30 17:45
  • sxtP

Handy and a real good one.....its been months of using it,been working great...no stucks no nothing...the touch is very smooth... you simply love this phone !!!

• 2012-07-30 15:44
  • ixTx

I recently missed place my sansung galaxy pocket. how can I track it even if the sim card is removed.
NB it was switched off when missing.

• 2012-07-30 13:40
  • fnk5

hello I recently missed placed my samsung galaxy pocket. Do any one know how I can track it even when my sim card might have been removed.
NB. the phone was switched off when it was missing.
From Nigeria.

• 2012-07-30 13:24
  • fnk5

is there any problem .. if your in a app / games because of small screen of it ?
pls tell me.....

• 2012-07-30 10:37
  • YTZR

I found the processor is bit slow.. In a day i have to register my sim twice a time, hence there is no problem in network. the touch is very smooth and i love it too but i make a call it take at-least 30 to 40 sec to respond back even sometime worse than that

• 2012-07-30 10:05
  • 2TiD

software upgradation is required go to settings and upgraqde it

• 2012-07-30 09:28
  • 7tDu

the phone is awesome and instagram works great on it and its just too handy and cool so good belive me

• 2012-07-30 02:45
  • MfxH

can this phone play hd games

• 2012-07-30 01:26
  • g5pq

used it for a month now, no problem noted so far.

• 2012-07-29 19:49
  • Sbcq

super i lyk pocket

• 2012-07-29 19:06
  • 7tJn

> In reply to Deep @ 2012-07-29 11:38 from 7XNp - click to readI don't think you can really compare both. Pocket is a single-sim phone with a tiny 2.8" screen geared towards the budget conscious. Y duos is a dual-sim phone 3.14" screen at probably twice the price of the Pocket.

My sister owns a Y duos and she says she charges every 2 days regardless of usage. Her usage is heavy on the video side, about 2 hours a day. She checks Twitter and e-mail more than twice a day and maybe plays an hour of games on it daily.

I just got my Pocket and I notice that battery drains fairly fast. I recharge probably every 30 hours of moderate use. I mainly use it for music 2 hours daily at the gym. I don't watch videos that much because of the tiny screen. I check my e-mail and Twitter accounts twice a day. I hardly play any games because of the screen size but I turn on GPS maximum of 2 hours daily.

Your choice should really depend on your need: whether it be single or dual sim, your overall usage.

Personally, I went for the Pocket because of its larger internal memory capacity. I got tired of deleting apps that could not be stored in the SD card. I think the Pocket and Mini2 are the current Samsung Android offerings with a lower price range that have 3gb internal memory aside from the external SD card.

Hope this helps.

• 2012-07-29 17:37
  • v0qp

> In reply to Deep @ 2012-07-29 11:38 from 7XNp - click to readpocket.....

• 2012-07-29 14:39
  • U{w2

Oh, Its price is very higher to features.
Actually, Its price might be approx.Rs.5000/-..Thank you.

• 2012-07-29 14:15
  • t}Af
  • F
Total of 4016 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Pocket S5300.