Samsung Galaxy Pocket S5300 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.8

i bought it on da 16th of feb 2013 bt alrdy its gvng m kak it has netwrk prblm plz hlp m plz ppl cz i rly lv dis phn

• 2013-06-01 14:11
  • NmD7

it is upto you, how you use it, with such a price and even you can use 3g and higher net, you can study, you can take photo, radio, listen to music, play android games

• 2013-06-01 06:26
  • j012

Y Does It Convert to MMS when I Try To Send An SMS Message, Only To Certain Contacts, Y Does It Go Into Silent Mode Now & Again.

• 2013-06-01 01:33
  • vFu5

I hate this phone... I can't wait to toss it away :( In fact, I'm going to have a Destruction Party for it. It looks cute, and can do things like take photos, connect to the internet and such, but the functionality is horrendous.
Here are my bug-bears: 1) Keyboard is WAY to small, and even with SWYPE, I have to type most messages twice over because of all the mistakes I make on the tiny screen. Example of text sent before proof-reading: "I think I'll poo round this evening." That went well. 2) Ending calls is an embarrassment. This is how it goes: Say goodbye. Press 'screen unlock' button twice on side of phone to end call. Screen unlocks instead of call ending. Other person: 'Um, you're still there? Is this a 'No, you hang up' situation?' 'Um...' Ring off. 3) Screen resolution for online media is very basic. To view your friends' Facebook photos, you actually have to download them in order to see what's going on. Friend picks up your phone with piles of other people's personal photos stored... awkward.
This phone does the basics, and would like to do more, but it doesn't quite get there, and causes way too much frustration for a heavy phone user such as myself. My emphatic advice: Don't do it!

That said, I have had great experiences with Samsung in the past, and I believe their latest Galaxy offering is a whizz, so that'll be my next upgrade. In the meantime, I'll be planning which size hammer would be best for my Destruction Party...

• 2013-05-31 11:41
  • MfxH

i dont experiance getting a HSDPA signal for my galaxy pocket...whats the problem w/ that?

• 2013-05-30 21:17
  • RxnW

When i use my mobile data..
tha signal is always GPRS eventhough im in the good location i cant a better signal!...why?

• 2013-05-30 21:16
  • RxnW

> In reply to mehedi @ 2013-05-30 21:09 from uNVK - click to readmy handset plays only incoming tone when call is coming. when i recive phone, i can't hear anything. audio file showing play but can't hear. headphone is working when recive call or audio playing.

• 2013-05-30 21:14

battery doesnt last for long though its a 9ce beautiful and flexing phone

• 2013-05-28 21:55
  • fuIE
  • F

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-05-28 04:38 from wHrE - click to readgo to local market they will reboot phone data will loose but your phone will ok to use.

• 2013-05-28 16:07
  • Ia1a

this is the biggest lot of junk on market battery life only lasts for 4 hours with out making any calls my phone been with technicians 3 times alreasdy i dont recommend this at all

• 2013-05-28 14:27
  • rvav

i cant access the internet on my samsung galaxy pocket please help..

• 2013-05-28 09:27
  • Nw8G

my samsung galaxy pocket has been phoned locked and i forget my password in a google account?i cannot open anymore my phone.

• 2013-05-28 04:38
  • wHrE

> In reply to drainy @ 2013-05-26 23:02 from w7mb - click to readif the screen ia turned off while the call, press power button 2 times with about a half of sec. delay. it is programmed like that to avoid dropping the call with unnecrssory key press

• 2013-05-27 22:54
  • XNpB

> In reply to drainy @ 2013-05-26 23:02 from w7mb - click to readdude..... the phone is wrost as long as you use it wrostly!
I agree with as you say screen size is not enough, but think... if it had a screen like 3.5 inch, it will cost more than. or it will be the phone with lowest resolution.
if you need a larger display, go for an expensive one. if it matters with typing, use 3x5 keyboard, don't use QWERTY at vertical.

You can end call with power key! just activate it...

automatically turns silent mode depends on handling the device. avoid pressing vol. down for long.

this is a buget smart phone and please be satisfy for the features you got for this price. if not buy a high end device like S3, or at least a Galaxy Ace.
Sorry for the comment

• 2013-05-27 22:32
  • XNpB

> In reply to shags @ 2013-05-26 14:29 from vbRg - click to readreboot in recovery and reset user data

• 2013-05-27 19:53
  • rr1%

i was robbed of my galaxy pocket s5300 and have reported to my nearest police station. the phone is only four month old in my ownership and have its imey no with me. can it be tracked and recovered?

• 2013-05-27 15:36
  • i55x

The S5300 must be the worst phone I have ever owned. It frequently turns silent mode on so I miss calls and the screen keyboard is hard to use without touching the wrong keys, no matter how careful I am and I don't have very big fingers to begin with. Worst so far, I ended a call with the power off button as usual... but it didn't work and my entire $50 credit I bought that day was used up while the phone sat in the dash of my car! 55 minutes while I drove. Several times since I have had to push the button a number of times to end a call. Just really shoddy and costly to own.

• 2013-05-26 23:02
  • w7mb

> In reply to hakaide @ 2013-05-24 07:00 from 7Xc9 - click to readsimply go to boot in recovery mode and reset

• 2013-05-26 16:26
  • XNpB

my phone's got locked, bcoz of too many pattern attempts.plz help

• 2013-05-26 14:29
  • vbRg
Total of 4062 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Pocket S5300.