Samsung Galaxy Prevail - user opinions and reviews

6.0

how can I use sim. can I use it in Ghana

• 2015-06-20 16:55
  • NsWN

> In reply to lteters49 @ 2014-09-30 02:01 from jBud - click to readit is possible that you have a virus on your phone or you may have too many apps going at the same time try resetting everything on it perhaps this will help you

• 2015-06-07 22:28
  • jBvn

I love this phone I haven't had any problems with it the, only thing is, I hate I can't add words to my dictionary and I can't figure out how to do the voice command but other than that it's perfect.

• 2015-03-20 00:03
  • q5gx

bostmobiles

• 2014-12-08 14:41
  • LGtC

I would like the phone muchbetter if it didn't freeze up all the time why does it keep freezing ? I have to take batt our at least twice a day. Sometimes more

• 2014-09-30 02:01
  • jBud

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-05-24 17:53 from kIfU - click to readHow do u even download words with friends? It wont let me

• 2014-02-12 00:49
  • jBux

Samsung Galaxy Prevail is a Really great phone even you can install flash player and watch TV on your Samsung Galaxy Prevail ( not any iphone can't install flash player ). Those people talking Bad About The Samsung Galaxy Prevail. Don't know nothing how to use it.

• 2013-11-14 03:47
  • 4}Xc

> In reply to nii @ 2013-07-25 12:40 from fuI6 - click to readCDMA, there is not any version of this phone with SIM Card

• 2013-09-15 23:32
  • LGuN

i was duped into buying this piece of junk,i could never access voice mail,the top on/off button didn't allow me to access the keypad to enter the code to access voice mail,if i tried the phone would shut off,the battery life was bad,sound quality terrible!could not send emails or retrieve them.as soon as i realized all the malfunctions were not user errors,from day one,no tech support,even a geek tech could figure out this paper weight's problems!!hated this phone,prevail 1,prevail 2,buyer beware waste of time and waste of hard earned money!!!!!

• 2013-09-06 09:36
  • kShK

where can I insert my sim card because I can not find any sim port in the phone

• 2013-07-25 12:40
  • fuI6

The specs are wrong the gallaxy prevail is cdma 1900 only. It does not support cdma 800

• 2013-06-02 02:22
  • P9bW

I got this phone mostly because I needed an inexpensive smartphone with GPS/voice navigation. It's been a good phone for the most part, but I have noticed a few things that make it not so desirable. 1) The memory. Extremely limited, so I can only have the apps on that are necessary for living, which means, the only game I can play is words with friends. 2) Lately my phone has been resetting itself to EST in the middle of the night, and I am in CST, which means the alarm has been going off an hour early the last few days. I could use that hour of sleep. 3) It can't handle a lot of demand, and tends to freeze up when you try to make it respond like you want it to. I've had to take the battery out several times to unfreeze it. 4) The Android thing. It runs on 2.2, not 2.3 as it says it does, which means a lot of Android apps will not work with this phone, even if you have the space for it. 5) The camera is pitiful. Resolution is not good, and video is even worse, and don't bother trying to zoom. All it does is blur.

It does pick up sound really well, so if you want to record church sermons, or school lectures, or what have you, there's an app for that (feature doesn't come with phone) and the sound is fairly good.

All in all, I'd say the phone is ok for first-time smartphone users, but don't expect it to work like an iphone. Because it just doesn't.

• 2013-05-24 17:53
  • kIfU

big mistake, cannot manage memory, cannot transfer videos to memory, lot of problems...waste of money...

• 2013-05-10 03:32
  • TbF0

totally hate this phone!!!!! Does not come with a very good manual. When something goes wrong on it theres no where to find out how to fix it

• 2013-03-30 04:14
  • IsZg

If this phone had 512 MB of internal usable memory (or heck even 256) it would be the best budget phone. But due to the limited internal mem, I had to do a little searching and rooting. I ended up with Cyanogenmod 7 and a data-2-SD setup so now the phone "thinks" there's 1 GB (or otherwise a specifiable amount) of internal storage for lots more apps. Recommend a 32 GB class 10/UHS 1 sd card for best results (and space obvs).

This phone is a little rough around the edges, but you can smooth them out yourself to make it shine.

• 2013-03-20 21:17
  • sc2n

This phone SUX!!!
Best use is for paper weight or shark bait.
Memory sucks, battery sucks, apps hardly EVER work... This was a LARGE MISTAKE buying this P.O.S.!!!
DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE !!!!!

• 2013-02-26 16:27
  • 4M8x

I hate this phone, my biggest issue is that the internal memory is so bad you can only download an app or 2 then the internal memory is full and that really sucks. I will say it has lasted me a long time and has proven very durable, I have dropped it a couple times and it still works but it does have a mind of it's own and it's pretty slow even with 3g activated. I finally came up with the cash to upgrade and can't wait to throw this phone in the trash!

• 2013-02-09 02:53
  • q5Vr

Battery does not stay charged

• 2012-12-31 03:34
  • jBuc

> In reply to Jessica @ 2012-11-27 20:47 from k@Yx - click to readNo this phone is NOT a sims card phone

• 2012-12-13 09:06
  • ICk}

Does this phone have a sims card

• 2012-11-27 20:47
  • k@Yx
Total of 94 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Prevail.