Samsung Galaxy Proclaim S720C - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.9
5.7
5.5

I read reviews and I haven't had the problems with mine. Only problem was after a couple of years the charging port stopped working. Solved by purchasing a battery dock charger with a couple 2050 mAh batteries for Proclaim. I lost my 1st one recently & bought a refurbished one. Excellent. It charges fine but I like the convenience of switching batteries. Good 1st android.

• 2014-09-30 19:32
  • 4Y@n

The phone is extremely slow. The touchscreen will not work. Why is it so difficult to unlock the phone? I press and hold down the side button waiting for the screen to come on and finally when it does it gives me the options to restart or shut down the phone. It freezes up all the time. Apps will not work correctly. Google is slow and unresponsive. Every time I have an app up it shuts down with a message (Facebook is not responding, Google is not responding) the phone works even slower connected to my wifi. Don't even try making a call. You press call and it may or may not call. I've actually had the phone to start dialing a number five minutes after I tried to call someone. The phone will shut down in the middle of apps running. I'm not happy with this phone.

• 2014-09-23 22:05
  • Iud0

This phone is ok. I've had several problems with it, but I chalk it up to the fact that I purchased it as a refurbished phone. Refurbished electronics rarely work as well as new. I just wish I could get bcmon to work on it.

• 2014-09-21 07:28
  • kZrF

> In reply to lillypond @ 2014-02-16 19:18 from qa%G - click to readIf guys updated ur phone system ...straight talk doesn't condone that...had many phones since my first proclaim( had three in a row due to weak charge port .last finally worked great.)HTC one Samsung s2 Samsung centura. ....picked up my old proclaim for fun .decided to root it.worked is now operating 3times faster cleaner than no problems with hardware or software..not

• 2014-07-16 07:00
  • 4S@F

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-09 06:29 from rMCh - click to readI have the exact same problems. It worked great for a year and a half now it does all of the above and sometimes won't let me text!

• 2014-07-12 16:37
  • j}Su

I've had this phone over two years, same battery and I have never had a problem.
I see a lot of people complaining about features but I write that off to operator error.
A great starter phone with Android 4.1. I can use this phone under rough weather conditions.
Being a farmer I have this phone with me ALL the time reception is very good, the screen and features are on the small side but for a starter phone , and the LOW cost, the phone is well worth it.

• 2014-07-10 20:40
  • kZnq

I purchased this phone approximately 1 year ago and it worked great at first. Within the past month I experienced a greatttt deal of problems.
1)The phone shuts off when I am using it.
2)It wouldn't allow me to call out on numerous occasions.
3)After using it for a short amount of time it gets extremely hot.
4)It will show a full charge and the screen went dark with a message that stated, "battery critically low."

• 2014-07-09 06:29
  • rMCh

I have had this phone for coming up on about a year and a half for the first year there were no major problems and it was perfect, but now the ear piece randomly glitches and the screen (sometimes) either reads slowly to my touch or doesn't read at all. I have kept my phone in great condition, but I even had my bf do a hard reset on the phone (which mind you ended up taking around 8-10 hours) and it still is having problems I wanna junk it immediately!!! It can be a good phone, you just have to be one of the luck few who get a non-P.O.S. phone out of the millions of junk ones.

• 2014-06-22 08:15
  • jGxT

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-03 21:53 from I8Tb - click to readThe "cam" looking thing to the left of the ear piece is the light sensor. When you put your brightness display on auto, it senses the amount of light and adjusts the brightness accordingly.

• 2014-06-21 08:38
  • Iud0

I've had this phone since it first came out at StraightTalk in 2012. It is by far the BEST phone I've ever had. No problems texting or with dropped calls. The batteries don't last long enough after a while, but honestly does any battery? LOL I just bought a few extra. It doesn't help I play a lot of games on it. After almost two years I'm itching to get a newer model. My screen has chipped in 2 places where I dropped it. Just in the past month it's started to overheat when I'm on it too long, but I would definitely buy it all over again.

• 2014-06-10 05:42
  • I8MY

> In reply to lillypond @ 2014-02-16 15:29 from qa%G - click to readSame problem! This was given to me as a gift. After talking around the 10 minute mark my ear gets blasted with screeches, pops, crackles, and hissing sounds. The person Im talking to says I sound garbled. I was wondering if it was the phone or Straight Talk. Now I know. What a piece of garbage!!

• 2014-04-28 16:53
  • 4RgE

> In reply to Modiste @ 2013-12-24 00:29 from EJ5Z - click to readwhen viewing the pictures in your gallery in thumbnail view, hold your finger on top of the picture that you wish to delete, it will select the pic & give you the options.

• 2014-04-21 17:40
  • ILWN

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-23 20:41 from I8}5 - click to readI had the same problem but went to amazon and bought a higher powered battery and so far its lasted another year. I like this phone for the price.

• 2014-04-06 15:16
  • ILSx

I have paired my S720C with my Lexus Bluetooth and I can make and receive calls. However, my contact list in the phone will not D/L to the car. The car has a D/L function to retrieve the contact list and the phone dings when I select the car D/L function but after a few seconds I get a mesg on the car screen saying the D/L failed. Anyone have a suggestion about this problem. Thanks

• 2014-03-19 04:41
  • Ydjm

Best phone I've had. I bought this phone a little over a year ago. Been pleased with the performance since day 1.

• 2014-03-11 15:58
  • EEXe

One month after the one year warranty expired, people we called on the cell phone could not understand our voice. It sounded garbled and like we were taking in side a can. We cancelled our Straight Talk service, bought and iPhone 5S for $130 at Walmart and started service with Verizon on our sons plan for the same $45 a month that we were paying Straight talk for unlimited talk, text and Internet. The Samsung was fine for the initial year.

• 2014-03-09 19:18
  • IiAE

How do I use the GPS ?

• 2014-03-04 17:23
  • Iieh

Wat is the thing on the front of the phone by the ear peice looks kinda like a cam but its not....

• 2014-03-03 21:53
  • I8Tb

Basic phone can't do anything like use the camera till you buy a SD card! But it does run pretty good on the internet! It also hasn't dropped any calls like my way more expensive phone

• 2014-02-19 06:28
  • I8wb

> In reply to JBJIMMY @ 2013-12-27 22:41 from AaRa - click to readYou have no idea how lucky you are! Maybe it's because you don't talk on it very much, yep, must be!

• 2014-02-16 19:26
  • qa%G
Total of 170 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Proclaim S720C.