Samsung Galaxy Proclaim S720C - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.0
5.9
5.7

> In reply to evk @ 2013-04-11 14:18 from qi%v - click to readTo delete Text Messages just tap message (green smiley) and hold you finger over the name of the thread and up will pop "delete thread" or you can open the tread and delete a single message.

• 2013-04-13 00:35
  • 89bj

I read all these posts here about people totally unhappy with their phones, but........I've had mine 2 years and never, ever had an issue. So......I'll just call myself "Lucky"......but some of these complaints are a joke. Like the guy who is complaining because it got scratched up in his back pack....well, it doesn't get scratched up if it doesn't come into contact with something "harder" than it's glass or plastic. What did you expect?

• 2013-04-12 19:51
  • kVmG

Please help! Does anyone know how to delete text messages once they've been received?
The manual that is provided with the phone is absolutely awful.

• 2013-04-11 14:18
  • qi%v

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-14 16:50 from k}KN - click to readU know what is amazing is.every idiot that whines about oh well i couldnt return my phone..cause i dont have my receipt or they are 2 or 4 days past 30 days and its cause the phone is such a piece of crap!!!!! you know what you deserve it cause when you buy a prepay phone like walmarts straight talk you have to buy the phone outright!!!! now maybe its just me but if your gonna lay done $150 plus for an electronic piece of equipment that ur buying to depend its like i said you deserve it giving you problems cause call me crazy but for an extra $15 you can have a 2year exstended warrenty for your piece of crap phone and that same day you have ir phone turn on and ur number transfered you then register it for its warrenty its an unlimited warrenty just so you know that means you can run it through your washer and dryer the run it over with your car and smash it with a sledge hammer into a million pieces then all you do is call the number for your warrenty if you lost that call wallmart they will give you the number and they will ask you if you can have a pre paid ups label e-mailed to you and you can print it out or they will need your mauling address so they can mail it to you,so after you have the pre paid ups return shipping label you put your piece if crap in a small box whatever u want to pack it in then with CLEAR PACKING TAPE ATTACH THE UPS RETURN LABEL TO THE PACKAGE MAKE SURE U COVER THE WHOLE LABEL WITH CLEAR PACKING TAPE SO IT CANT BE DAMAGED AND DROP IT OFF AT YOUR NEAREST UPS STORE!!!!!! ONCE THEY RECEIVE THE PHONE WHICH HAS TO MATCH WHAT U REGISTERED FOR THE WARRENTY THEY WILL THEN SEND BACK TO YOU A WALMART CARD WITHE THE FULL AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE PHONE MINUS THE EXTRA $15 YOY SPENT FOR THE WARRENTY

• 2013-03-30 07:31
  • ILMR

> In reply to brookeb @ 2012-10-01 06:25 from IL{a - click to readtry the lg optimus zip. its very comparable only with a slide out keypad. it gets service on verizon according to straightalk. i would call them to double check for your area but sometimes doing research can come in handy and save you some hassle ;)

• 2013-03-28 20:38
  • 4siC

> In reply to Dave @ 2012-11-25 02:01 from Yd32 - click to readyes. you can return the phone to a local walmart store for a complete refund with your receipt (or the piece of paper that comes with the phone should suffice) or exchange if they have the phone there you want. if they don't have the phone you want then ask for a gift card and go order it online! ill be doing this today...should've known better than to switch from my good ole LG brand, it has lasted forever until the charging port finally gave out (not uncommon for cell phones in general). try the Lg optimus zip, which is extremely comparable to this phone ;)

• 2013-03-28 20:30
  • 4siC

Junk junk junk Video download is slow or doesn't work at all Have to reset it all the time

• 2013-03-28 07:17
  • ILQj

I love this phone! I've had it for a year and now I'm buying one for my husband b/c he wants one for his birthday next week :-)

• 2013-03-27 02:57
  • kVDQ

I have had the phone for about 2 weeks now.It doesnt handle video/audio well at all.It is really unusable.Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? I can be contacted at daveinunity@hotmail.com

• 2013-03-24 23:22
  • I8M9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-14 16:50 from k}KN - click to read it's a great phone I don't know what this guy's problem is

• 2013-03-20 20:34
  • k$q5

That's amazing after you couldn't help me with your piece of s*** phone now I can't talk to anybody I tried to return my phone to the Walmart because I couldn't find the receipt was a day too late What a f****** scam I'm sorry I shouldn't use language I am but it pisses me off its cost me a lot of money. and you want me to call bunch of f****** towel heads up and talk to them they use this is t*** on a bowl you'll get f*****

• 2013-03-14 16:50
  • k}KN

Soo Im Actually having this problem so wat exactly do i do?

• 2013-03-10 14:41
  • Yi{m

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-15 22:24 from j{tx - click to readUse pic2shop from goggle playstore. It's great!

• 2013-03-03 16:13
  • kSUm

> In reply to kha @ 2013-01-02 08:17 from 0H5K - click to readThat happened to mine, however before to get it off airplane mode I would hit mobile data to make the switch. so if that's what you're doing, try hitting airplane mode again and that should put it on mobile data. If you've already done that, sorry for the reiteration.

• 2013-02-25 06:00
  • 4ZC$

> In reply to kha @ 2013-01-02 08:17 from 0H5K - click to readyes i had it for 6 mos until it got on airplane mode then i went and bought a new one had it for a week sd card want reading and freezing then bought another one and had it for a wk screen kept flickering really bad. but straight talk will send you a free phone if there is no water damage but you have to call them and go step by step of what they want you to do which never works and c=make them replace your phone all of there phones have 1 yr warranty

• 2013-02-20 14:44
  • kUmc

After having this phone for less than a year I have had a whole list of problems. In short it sometimes makes a high pitched click/noise when I am trying to talk to people, sometimes who I am talking to says it sounds like I am talking to them from inside of a box, I'll be typing texts but the letters won't show up, and for over a day I could not get service on it even though I had a new card out on.

Straight talk provides terrible service and the employees are nearly impossible to understand which is why I am thankful I got a Walmart warranty on this thing. I am getting a refund from them and you can be sure I won't be buying another phone like this!

The only redeeming things about this is I like having eBay updates on the go...but even then if you are not careful you will get a warning call like I did from straight talk about using too much data. Stay away from the phone. It may work great at first but it will all go down hill from there.

• 2013-02-17 06:24
  • qa%@

I have went through 4 different proclaim phones from 3 different walmart. All of the phones had a loud squealing noise when talking on it. They would freeze when texting or ending calls. Loved it when I first got it. Luckily, I was able to handle all of the transactions at Walmart instead of waiting weeks to have another phone. Right now I am back to my basic reliable straighttalk phone. I wouldn't recommend this phone.

• 2013-02-03 07:12
  • qBWe

just got the phone... is nice but some apps i try to get say "phone is not compatable with this version" I need version 2.2 and up. not sure what that means or if i can do something about it like get some kind of update. If anyone has an answer would like to hear

• 2013-02-03 01:40
  • j{LA

> In reply to willow @ 2012-12-12 19:37 from Ya{3 - click to readYep, this phone pretty is pretty bad. Especially if your using straight talk. Samsung wouldn't provide customer service yet they are listed in the manual as the contact. Hmmm. The glass and plastic also get chipped just from having it in a backpack, within 2 months I had 5 deep cuts in the glass and plastic.

• 2013-01-23 12:54
  • I49M

> In reply to suz' @ 2012-06-26 18:36 from 8fXk - click to readGet GPS Essentials from Google play. It's free. Use Google Maps which is already on the phone also.

• 2013-01-20 20:53
  • k$pX
Total of 159 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Proclaim S720C.