Samsung Galaxy Proclaim S720C - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.0
5.9
5.7

> In reply to booboos @ 2012-08-03 21:35 from 7xg6 - click to readLight sensor, to turn off the screen when you put the phone against your face. It is not another camera.

• 2013-05-01 20:28
  • EEXe

> In reply to wolfboy1981 @ 2013-04-25 01:04 from R0qY - click to readThat is a light sensor. It dims the screen when you have next to your ear. This causes less drain on the battery.

I does not have a front camera.

• 2013-05-01 20:07
  • EEXe

> In reply to wolfboy1981 @ 2013-04-25 01:04 from R0qY - click to readlight sensor and proximty sensor for auto screen brightness function and also turns screen off when it senses it next to your face.

• 2013-05-01 16:24
  • BIHB

I have had this phone for 5 months. I HATE THIS PHONE! From the beginning the battery only lasted 3-4 hours. and from there it went downhill. for the past 2.5 months when I charge it, I have to stay in the same room while it charges which takes at least 6 hours to charge it. It gets so incredibly hot that I can hardly handle it...I have to let it cool before I can use it. The key board doesn't register when you push on the keys. I no longer get any voice mail message notifications. The list is endless. Straight talk refused to give me a different model of phone. I don't want another fire hazard for a phone! Horrible customer service! Horrible phone!

• 2013-04-30 21:37
  • qNJA

ihave a proclaim s 720c but i have to ask is that a camer on the left side the front speaker

• 2013-04-25 01:04
  • R0qY

> In reply to Ronclon @ 2013-04-17 08:33 from I454 - click to readRoncion,

What method did you use to root, and can you point me to the instructions to root? Thanks. email to chowboyjack(at)gmail(.com)if you please.

Chowboy

• 2013-04-19 07:14
  • qMhv

Ive had this phone for a while now not one pronlem. Love this phone and the Hd video recorder wow. Phone to me is just like the apple Iphone In many way's. Get this phone so worth the mony....

• 2013-04-17 12:56
  • Y6h6

I have had this phone for about a month now and I love it. I would call it a great bang for your buck phone. I rooted mine and have found that it can run games very well that googleplay says are incompatible. For the price this phone really can't be beat.

• 2013-04-17 08:33
  • I454

> In reply to evk @ 2013-04-11 14:18 from qi%v - click to readTo delete Text Messages just tap message (green smiley) and hold you finger over the name of the thread and up will pop "delete thread" or you can open the tread and delete a single message.

• 2013-04-13 00:35
  • 89bj

I read all these posts here about people totally unhappy with their phones, but........I've had mine 2 years and never, ever had an issue. So......I'll just call myself "Lucky"......but some of these complaints are a joke. Like the guy who is complaining because it got scratched up in his back pack....well, it doesn't get scratched up if it doesn't come into contact with something "harder" than it's glass or plastic. What did you expect?

• 2013-04-12 19:51
  • kVmG

Please help! Does anyone know how to delete text messages once they've been received?
The manual that is provided with the phone is absolutely awful.

• 2013-04-11 14:18
  • qi%v

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-14 16:50 from k}KN - click to readU know what is amazing is.every idiot that whines about oh well i couldnt return my phone..cause i dont have my receipt or they are 2 or 4 days past 30 days and its cause the phone is such a piece of crap!!!!! you know what you deserve it cause when you buy a prepay phone like walmarts straight talk you have to buy the phone outright!!!! now maybe its just me but if your gonna lay done $150 plus for an electronic piece of equipment that ur buying to depend its like i said you deserve it giving you problems cause call me crazy but for an extra $15 you can have a 2year exstended warrenty for your piece of crap phone and that same day you have ir phone turn on and ur number transfered you then register it for its warrenty its an unlimited warrenty just so you know that means you can run it through your washer and dryer the run it over with your car and smash it with a sledge hammer into a million pieces then all you do is call the number for your warrenty if you lost that call wallmart they will give you the number and they will ask you if you can have a pre paid ups label e-mailed to you and you can print it out or they will need your mauling address so they can mail it to you,so after you have the pre paid ups return shipping label you put your piece if crap in a small box whatever u want to pack it in then with CLEAR PACKING TAPE ATTACH THE UPS RETURN LABEL TO THE PACKAGE MAKE SURE U COVER THE WHOLE LABEL WITH CLEAR PACKING TAPE SO IT CANT BE DAMAGED AND DROP IT OFF AT YOUR NEAREST UPS STORE!!!!!! ONCE THEY RECEIVE THE PHONE WHICH HAS TO MATCH WHAT U REGISTERED FOR THE WARRENTY THEY WILL THEN SEND BACK TO YOU A WALMART CARD WITHE THE FULL AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE PHONE MINUS THE EXTRA $15 YOY SPENT FOR THE WARRENTY

• 2013-03-30 07:31
  • ILMR

> In reply to brookeb @ 2012-10-01 06:25 from IL{a - click to readtry the lg optimus zip. its very comparable only with a slide out keypad. it gets service on verizon according to straightalk. i would call them to double check for your area but sometimes doing research can come in handy and save you some hassle ;)

• 2013-03-28 20:38
  • 4siC

> In reply to Dave @ 2012-11-25 02:01 from Yd32 - click to readyes. you can return the phone to a local walmart store for a complete refund with your receipt (or the piece of paper that comes with the phone should suffice) or exchange if they have the phone there you want. if they don't have the phone you want then ask for a gift card and go order it online! ill be doing this today...should've known better than to switch from my good ole LG brand, it has lasted forever until the charging port finally gave out (not uncommon for cell phones in general). try the Lg optimus zip, which is extremely comparable to this phone ;)

• 2013-03-28 20:30
  • 4siC

Junk junk junk Video download is slow or doesn't work at all Have to reset it all the time

• 2013-03-28 07:17
  • ILQj

I love this phone! I've had it for a year and now I'm buying one for my husband b/c he wants one for his birthday next week :-)

• 2013-03-27 02:57
  • kVDQ

I have had the phone for about 2 weeks now.It doesnt handle video/audio well at all.It is really unusable.Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? I can be contacted at daveinunity@hotmail.com

• 2013-03-24 23:22
  • I8M9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-14 16:50 from k}KN - click to read it's a great phone I don't know what this guy's problem is

• 2013-03-20 20:34
  • k$q5

That's amazing after you couldn't help me with your piece of s*** phone now I can't talk to anybody I tried to return my phone to the Walmart because I couldn't find the receipt was a day too late What a f****** scam I'm sorry I shouldn't use language I am but it pisses me off its cost me a lot of money. and you want me to call bunch of f****** towel heads up and talk to them they use this is t*** on a bowl you'll get f*****

• 2013-03-14 16:50
  • k}KN

Soo Im Actually having this problem so wat exactly do i do?

• 2013-03-10 14:41
  • Yi{m
Total of 167 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Proclaim S720C.