Samsung Galaxy Proclaim S720C - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.9
5.7
5.5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-14 16:50 from k}KN - click to read it's a great phone I don't know what this guy's problem is

• 2013-03-20 20:34
  • k$q5

That's amazing after you couldn't help me with your piece of s*** phone now I can't talk to anybody I tried to return my phone to the Walmart because I couldn't find the receipt was a day too late What a f****** scam I'm sorry I shouldn't use language I am but it pisses me off its cost me a lot of money. and you want me to call bunch of f****** towel heads up and talk to them they use this is t*** on a bowl you'll get f*****

• 2013-03-14 16:50
  • k}KN

Soo Im Actually having this problem so wat exactly do i do?

• 2013-03-10 14:41
  • Yi{m

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-15 22:24 from j{tx - click to readUse pic2shop from goggle playstore. It's great!

• 2013-03-03 16:13
  • kSUm

> In reply to kha @ 2013-01-02 08:17 from 0H5K - click to readThat happened to mine, however before to get it off airplane mode I would hit mobile data to make the switch. so if that's what you're doing, try hitting airplane mode again and that should put it on mobile data. If you've already done that, sorry for the reiteration.

• 2013-02-25 06:00
  • 4ZC$

> In reply to kha @ 2013-01-02 08:17 from 0H5K - click to readyes i had it for 6 mos until it got on airplane mode then i went and bought a new one had it for a week sd card want reading and freezing then bought another one and had it for a wk screen kept flickering really bad. but straight talk will send you a free phone if there is no water damage but you have to call them and go step by step of what they want you to do which never works and c=make them replace your phone all of there phones have 1 yr warranty

• 2013-02-20 14:44
  • kUmc

After having this phone for less than a year I have had a whole list of problems. In short it sometimes makes a high pitched click/noise when I am trying to talk to people, sometimes who I am talking to says it sounds like I am talking to them from inside of a box, I'll be typing texts but the letters won't show up, and for over a day I could not get service on it even though I had a new card out on.

Straight talk provides terrible service and the employees are nearly impossible to understand which is why I am thankful I got a Walmart warranty on this thing. I am getting a refund from them and you can be sure I won't be buying another phone like this!

The only redeeming things about this is I like having eBay updates on the go...but even then if you are not careful you will get a warning call like I did from straight talk about using too much data. Stay away from the phone. It may work great at first but it will all go down hill from there.

• 2013-02-17 06:24
  • qa%@

I have went through 4 different proclaim phones from 3 different walmart. All of the phones had a loud squealing noise when talking on it. They would freeze when texting or ending calls. Loved it when I first got it. Luckily, I was able to handle all of the transactions at Walmart instead of waiting weeks to have another phone. Right now I am back to my basic reliable straighttalk phone. I wouldn't recommend this phone.

• 2013-02-03 07:12
  • qBWe

just got the phone... is nice but some apps i try to get say "phone is not compatable with this version" I need version 2.2 and up. not sure what that means or if i can do something about it like get some kind of update. If anyone has an answer would like to hear

• 2013-02-03 01:40
  • j{LA

> In reply to willow @ 2012-12-12 19:37 from Ya{3 - click to readYep, this phone pretty is pretty bad. Especially if your using straight talk. Samsung wouldn't provide customer service yet they are listed in the manual as the contact. Hmmm. The glass and plastic also get chipped just from having it in a backpack, within 2 months I had 5 deep cuts in the glass and plastic.

• 2013-01-23 12:54
  • I49M

> In reply to suz' @ 2012-06-26 18:36 from 8fXk - click to readGet GPS Essentials from Google play. It's free. Use Google Maps which is already on the phone also.

• 2013-01-20 20:53
  • k$pX

I am having the same problem. I bout this phone in Oct.,before Dec it lost all ability to connect to any type of network or wifi. Where there should be service bars,network type or wifi it was just a circle with a slash through it. It took ten days to get a replacement. When I got my new refurbished one it did the same thing three days later. Ive had the phone for less than three months and haven't been able to use it for a month.

• 2013-01-15 05:43
  • 89Mi

I have this phone and there's 2 sensors on the front by the listening piece. What are these for? How do I activate usage of these? Is one a alert light for texts/calls?

• 2013-01-15 01:42
  • 4dnT

> In reply to JbYrD40 @ 2012-12-23 08:36 from 48eW - click to readLight sensor, to turn off the screen when you put the phone against your face. It is not another camera.

• 2013-01-02 16:46
  • k@Ki

I Got mine on thanksgiving of 2012.And on the 25 or 26 or december it "SOMEHOWE GOT STUCK IN AIRPLANE MODE"?means i have had it for about a month)The woman at the phone store in walmart9where 9 bought it)Said that happens with SOME of the proclaims!!!that some of them mess up and some dont!!Now i have to get a new one!!!!!Has this happened to anyone else???

• 2013-01-02 08:17
  • 0H5K

on this phone, whats that little camera on the front of the phone.

• 2012-12-23 08:36
  • 48eW

> In reply to willow @ 2012-12-12 19:37 from Ya{3 - click to readI got the some thing through net 10 they told me I had to go up to 10 days with out a phone. I think I talked to 5 different people. I also was on the phone with them for 2 hours. Just for them to tell me they have to send me a new phone. i am to get my phone tomorrow so we will see how this one works.

• 2012-12-20 17:53
  • YY%}

I havnt seen any problems with this phone I think I've been a little rough with it dropped it a couple times with case but no problems with operating system, vm, browser,

• 2012-12-20 11:56
  • k{xy

> In reply to queenofmean @ 2012-11-22 23:49 from 7x}5 - click to readHow do you file a complaint with the FCC? I am having the same problem that you had with this phone and thinking I should file a complaint. The phone only worked for two months!

• 2012-12-12 19:44
  • Ya{3

I got this phone about 2 months ago. It was working pretty well up until yesterday (had a few strange things happen prior to yesterday, like having the phone freeze on me when I tried to use the camera, having it go on and off when I tried putting in my voicemail password) but these things always seemed to correct themselves after a few minutes, or after I took out the battery.

But yesterday the phone stopped being able to receive or make calls and lost all browser capabilities. I called Straight Talk (on a different phone) and went through the run around with them for like two hours! They kept transferring me to different departments, with each new person asking me the same exact questions and telling me to do the same exact things-so annoying!

Finally they were like "We need to send you a new phone" So now I have to send back the old one and wait for them to send me a new one! I will be without a phone for a week at least! I really hope this new phone doesn't turn out like this one.

Are a lot of people having the same problem that I am? I am thinking that I should file a complaint against Samsung...I will wait to see what happens with the new phone, but if I end up with the same issue I am definitely filing a complaint against them-I mean I paid 179.00 $ for this thing and it only worked for 2 months!

• 2012-12-12 19:37
  • Ya{3
Total of 170 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Proclaim S720C.