Samsung Galaxy Proclaim S720C - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.0
5.9
5.7

I have this phone and there's 2 sensors on the front by the listening piece. What are these for? How do I activate usage of these? Is one a alert light for texts/calls?

• 2013-01-15 01:42
  • 4dnT

> In reply to JbYrD40 @ 2012-12-23 08:36 from 48eW - click to readLight sensor, to turn off the screen when you put the phone against your face. It is not another camera.

• 2013-01-02 16:46
  • k@Ki

I Got mine on thanksgiving of 2012.And on the 25 or 26 or december it "SOMEHOWE GOT STUCK IN AIRPLANE MODE"?means i have had it for about a month)The woman at the phone store in walmart9where 9 bought it)Said that happens with SOME of the proclaims!!!that some of them mess up and some dont!!Now i have to get a new one!!!!!Has this happened to anyone else???

• 2013-01-02 08:17
  • 0H5K

on this phone, whats that little camera on the front of the phone.

• 2012-12-23 08:36
  • 48eW

> In reply to willow @ 2012-12-12 19:37 from Ya{3 - click to readI got the some thing through net 10 they told me I had to go up to 10 days with out a phone. I think I talked to 5 different people. I also was on the phone with them for 2 hours. Just for them to tell me they have to send me a new phone. i am to get my phone tomorrow so we will see how this one works.

• 2012-12-20 17:53
  • YY%}

I havnt seen any problems with this phone I think I've been a little rough with it dropped it a couple times with case but no problems with operating system, vm, browser,

• 2012-12-20 11:56
  • k{xy

> In reply to queenofmean @ 2012-11-22 23:49 from 7x}5 - click to readHow do you file a complaint with the FCC? I am having the same problem that you had with this phone and thinking I should file a complaint. The phone only worked for two months!

• 2012-12-12 19:44
  • Ya{3

I got this phone about 2 months ago. It was working pretty well up until yesterday (had a few strange things happen prior to yesterday, like having the phone freeze on me when I tried to use the camera, having it go on and off when I tried putting in my voicemail password) but these things always seemed to correct themselves after a few minutes, or after I took out the battery.

But yesterday the phone stopped being able to receive or make calls and lost all browser capabilities. I called Straight Talk (on a different phone) and went through the run around with them for like two hours! They kept transferring me to different departments, with each new person asking me the same exact questions and telling me to do the same exact things-so annoying!

Finally they were like "We need to send you a new phone" So now I have to send back the old one and wait for them to send me a new one! I will be without a phone for a week at least! I really hope this new phone doesn't turn out like this one.

Are a lot of people having the same problem that I am? I am thinking that I should file a complaint against Samsung...I will wait to see what happens with the new phone, but if I end up with the same issue I am definitely filing a complaint against them-I mean I paid 179.00 $ for this thing and it only worked for 2 months!

• 2012-12-12 19:37
  • Ya{3

> In reply to queenofmean @ 2012-11-22 23:49 from 7x}5 - click to readDid u get a refurbished phone and how long after they were released did u get it?

• 2012-11-30 10:37
  • Yb2m

> In reply to cyrealkiller @ 2012-09-26 22:00 from rMd3 - click to readWhen you get the no symbol instead of bars dial *22890 to reprogram the phone. Happened to me yesterday, and I just wrote this with my proclaim.

• 2012-11-25 07:27
  • k$KL

> In reply to queenofmean @ 2012-11-24 05:13 from 7x}5 - click to readI just ordered this phone, haven't received it yet. I guess I should've read these reviews first. Can I take the un-opened phone to my local Wal_Mart for a refund?

• 2012-11-25 02:01
  • Yd32

File an FCC complaint against Straight Talk and Samsung. Samsung will shift the blame and say that it is Straight Talk's problem. Remind Samsung that they are the manufacturer of this overpriced paperweight.

• 2012-11-24 05:13
  • 7x}5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-25 22:42 from I4Mj - click to readYou're overdue for a major crash.

• 2012-11-22 23:53
  • 7x}5

I too have this worthless piece of crap from Straight Talk. It worked perfectly for about a month, and then strange things started to happen.

I could not access my voice mail. I had to create a voice mail account at least 5 times. I could not access the internet due to so-called connection problems. Then it would go into airplane mode. Then the volume of the call changes. One could barely hear or understand what the other caller is saying.

Yesterday morning, I could not receive or make a phone call. I could not call 911 without hearing "Welcome to Verizon." Your number is invalid or does not exist. Excuse me. This is a Samsung problem. If the phone is unable to connect to a network, there is something major wrong with the circuit board. I have a neighbor who has Straight Talk and she can use her phone.

I have filed several FCC complaints about this phone. Maybe if everyone who has this phone do the same thing, then maybe something just might be done.

• 2012-11-22 23:49
  • 7x}5

> In reply to ss @ 2012-11-04 20:04 from 4w3e - click to readi disagree i have had mine for about 2 months and i love it it compleatly dose what i need it to do

• 2012-11-07 16:11
  • qH0h

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-12 22:04 from jA4k - click to readThe Proclaim does NOT have an auto-focus camera so you'll have to download an app for that first... None come to me at once but I know they have a few for free... Then install a bar-code reader...

• 2012-11-05 09:08
  • j{K5

I've had this phone for about a month. I talk on the phone and I can hardly hear the person on the other end. If you're in a quiet room it's ok. The speaker works great but sometimes you want to be private.
Also, I had internet capabilities when I first got the phone. Now I can only get internet off of WiFi. If I can't get these problems fixed I will never but another one again.

• 2012-11-04 20:04
  • 4w3e

I am trying to download the Square Register app and it fails every time. My husband has this same phone and was able to download the same app! I'm frustrated...any tips on what I should do?

• 2012-10-29 19:47
  • 4kI$

I need know how i can use or active the GPS on my phone!!! Thanks

• 2012-10-28 02:06
  • Yf1u
Total of 158 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Proclaim S720C.