Samsung Galaxy Q T589R - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.7
6.5
6.4

I really relied on my Galaxy, which I thought was a pretty well put-together smart phone (with it's great slide out keyboard). That was up until after 20 months of ownership when everything fell apart. The touch screen stopped working (which you can mostly get around by using the keyboard). Soon after the display started to fail (first the greens, then the yellows, now I'm just left with red). It's a bit of a disaster now, so at roughly 23 months, the phone is more-or-less unusable. Too bad, it was a good ride while it lasted; just another example of disposable electronics.

• 2014-07-17 08:02
  • 3W6$

> In reply to Csmee @ 2013-08-27 23:42 from q}6q - click to readhey i have the exact problems this phone is a piece of bullcrap and also did anyone have a problem where it did not charge?? well i have that and i dont know why its like that screw this phone DONT GET THIS PHONE!!!

• 2014-07-02 03:01
  • qLww

can the android system b changed ?????

• 2014-06-28 19:42
  • LBHP

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-03 22:48 from keBn - click to readjust bad luck i guess. Who knows where to get areplacement battery for this phone....thanks

• 2014-02-20 14:30
  • Y6sW

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-31 20:43 from sgjj - click to readMy wife and I both had these phones and both screens stopped working causing both phones to be unusable.
Very let down as they were not even a year old and we have to replace them at full price.
I can not recommend that phone for anyone.

• 2014-01-03 22:48
  • keBn

Don't blame the over charge, it is not true that charging it over the night kills the battery. It is lithium battery technology and it stops charging when its full, so it doesn't start a new cycle and a phone battery is good for 500-1000 recharging cycles, after this, change your battery and no, this battery doesn't last very long

• 2013-12-24 23:41
  • jnV7

I've had it since June of 2012, and it still works fine. But then again, storage is awful, the battery life is awful AND LIES TO YOU, it's freaking 2.2, meaning next to no apps are compatible with it, and the stupid thing is slower than a snail in a coma. Plus, it's so old it's basically impossible to find a decent looking case for it that's not pink or black. Also, the keyboard, one of my once favourite features, makes mistakes constantly. At least the phone is durable. Like, I've dropped it over 10 times and nothing more than some scratches on the back. One last thing, the camera can't take pictures to save its life.

• 2013-11-07 01:02
  • QwI%

If your sole purpose of owning a phone is to make occasional phone calls and send some texts, then this phone is a worthy contender.
However, if you plan to do anything else that a typical smartphone is capable of doing, then saying that this phone greatly disappoints would be a huge understatement.
The phone performs tasks at an excruciatingly painful slow speed that makes you want to smash it to pieces. Memory is extremely limited and running downloaded apps will often lead to crashes.
The on board storage capacity is an absolute joke (most phones nowadays have more RAM than this phone has storage), but luckily there is a micro-SD card slot.
On-screen typing is absolutely horrible. The keys are tiny because of the small screen, so it's likely that every word you try to type will have mistakes in it. It also doesn't help that the auto-correct feature is very incompetent. If you can't stand the on-screen keyboard, luckily, there's a physical one. This might appear to be useful at first until you realize that you cannot possibly type fast with this given the wide span of the keyboard and the unfriendly tactile feedback that it provides.
The battery life is absolutely horrible. No battery percentage is displayed until you reach under 15%. And this can be reached very quickly. One minute the indicator shows nearly full, and the next, you are alerted to plug in the charger. If you plan to use data and/or one of your downloaded apps for more than 5 minutes, then you need to bring a charger with you and hope that there is an outlet where you go.

If you have even read this far, then buy a different phone. Don't even bother with this one.

• 2013-11-06 19:31
  • FtMU
  • God bless the phone
  • Rating0

Internal memory - the worst issue, A smart phone that cannot download Facebook ? Don't buy this one

• 2013-11-01 01:54
  • NJ5m

phone has many issues and problems.
my first one only lasted 14 months.
it died, due to the screen froze,
i was s.o.l., cus only 12 mo. warranty.
the 2nd one died after 2 months, due to
kept going black, on me, i was told
it was the light proximity sensor.
i can not recommend this phone,
samsung galaxy Q sgh-t589R.

• 2013-10-27 04:40
  • q{Ia

i cant have apps that i want i want sanpchat its not compatible for my phone... what the hell is this. it also freezes on me and i cant leave and app it gets stuck on the app...

love,

a pissed of buyer

• 2013-10-25 00:44
  • IBSj

> In reply to Csmee @ 2013-08-27 23:42 from q}6q - click to readDid you did a way to fix that problem about the screen being stuck at th Samsung logo? PLZ reply!!!

• 2013-09-15 01:24
  • q}mR

> In reply to Csmee @ 2013-08-27 23:42 from q}6q - click to readDid you find a way to fix the problem about th screen getting stuck at the Samsung logo? Plz reply!!!

• 2013-09-15 00:47
  • q}mR

(1) Any phone do not use on battery over limit.(2)Do not play all the time with phone. Keep in mind.God bless you.

• 2013-09-08 12:19
  • q{jM

My daughters phone had the same problem with the screen. I found out that the sliding ribbon is broken and need to be replaced the part is just 7 dollars and if you open the phone you can replace it yourself

• 2013-09-08 02:39
  • qbaa
  • F

So i got this phone, and it was my first day at university. I turned on the gps to see which way to go, and the battery died within 30 minutes. It was fully charged before i used the gps. This phone is a piece of crap. DO NOT BUY.

• 2013-09-04 00:40
  • 4xhB

DO NOT GET THIS PHONE i had it for less than 6 months and the touch screen stopped working for no apparent reason, the battery dies within an hour after hours of charge. and the camera is not very good either. many of the pictures come out like it was done in minecraft. finally you can not get numerous applications because the screen size is too small and is not compatible. So DO NOT GET THIS PHONE

• 2013-08-31 20:43
  • sgjj

this is by far the worst phone on the planet. it takes for ever to charge and the battery only lasts for a hour. It's a crap whole phone

• 2013-08-28 08:49
  • Ix7F
  • F

> In reply to clixxclixx @ 2013-01-17 01:24 from q}Hy - click to readTerrible,and I absolutely TERRIBLE.The memory is terrible, the charging is bad. I've had mine for 4 months maybe. and it JUST stopped working wont go past the samsung logo. Not to mention the touch screen would stop working, it would jump around different apps and pages. the things terrible DONT BUY IT

• 2013-08-27 23:42
  • q}6q

I got this phone just 2 months ago and today I had enough so considering I would propably get nothing for it trying to sell it I gladly released my frustrations by smashing it into pieces. Even though the internal memory is advertised at 250 megs it only allows you to use about 170 megs. You are looking at installation of about 10 apps and memory is full. A message about memory low would constantly pop up. As a solution I had the phone rooted with 16 gigs external sd where I partitioned the sd to have 6 gigs for applications and the rest for storage such as music and pics or vids. Even with installation of such software as apps2sd the phone would not allow me to install apps on the external sd. Turns out that Google had designed their android systems that apps can only be installed on internal memory. With internal memory nearly full my phone started crashing, freezing up, screens would take forever to open up or close and just few days ago I started getting a message: "force close app". Just yesterday my phone froze up totally where it would not respond to any of my requests. I could not even turn the power off. So I removed the battery, plugged it back in, restarted and from than on all I get is the: "Samsung" logo an the screen but the phone want even start. It just stopped working totally. Funny thing is that with low memory in the last 2 weeks I did not even install new apps for the phone to just crash like it did. Phone was working fine until it just stopped for no reason. Definitely the problem is low internal memory and I am trying to understand why nowadays where smart phones are all about getting different apps people at Samsung or in Android System would not consider having a greater memory available for cheaper phones ? It's basically a decent phone for calls and texting. If you want more than you have to invest in something like one of the Samsung Note's or any of the S series. This phone did nothing more for me than just gave me a headache. Not recommended.

• 2013-08-23 09:41
  • 7Cn{
Total of 245 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Q T589R.