Samsung Galaxy Q T589R - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.5
6.4
6.2

this is by far the worst phone on the planet. it takes for ever to charge and the battery only lasts for a hour. It's a crap whole phone

• 2013-08-28 08:49
  • Ix7F
  • F

> In reply to clixxclixx @ 2013-01-17 01:24 from q}Hy - click to readTerrible,and I absolutely TERRIBLE.The memory is terrible, the charging is bad. I've had mine for 4 months maybe. and it JUST stopped working wont go past the samsung logo. Not to mention the touch screen would stop working, it would jump around different apps and pages. the things terrible DONT BUY IT

• 2013-08-27 23:42
  • q}6q

I got this phone just 2 months ago and today I had enough so considering I would propably get nothing for it trying to sell it I gladly released my frustrations by smashing it into pieces. Even though the internal memory is advertised at 250 megs it only allows you to use about 170 megs. You are looking at installation of about 10 apps and memory is full. A message about memory low would constantly pop up. As a solution I had the phone rooted with 16 gigs external sd where I partitioned the sd to have 6 gigs for applications and the rest for storage such as music and pics or vids. Even with installation of such software as apps2sd the phone would not allow me to install apps on the external sd. Turns out that Google had designed their android systems that apps can only be installed on internal memory. With internal memory nearly full my phone started crashing, freezing up, screens would take forever to open up or close and just few days ago I started getting a message: "force close app". Just yesterday my phone froze up totally where it would not respond to any of my requests. I could not even turn the power off. So I removed the battery, plugged it back in, restarted and from than on all I get is the: "Samsung" logo an the screen but the phone want even start. It just stopped working totally. Funny thing is that with low memory in the last 2 weeks I did not even install new apps for the phone to just crash like it did. Phone was working fine until it just stopped for no reason. Definitely the problem is low internal memory and I am trying to understand why nowadays where smart phones are all about getting different apps people at Samsung or in Android System would not consider having a greater memory available for cheaper phones ? It's basically a decent phone for calls and texting. If you want more than you have to invest in something like one of the Samsung Note's or any of the S series. This phone did nothing more for me than just gave me a headache. Not recommended.

• 2013-08-23 09:41
  • 7Cn{

> In reply to Wired @ 2013-04-02 01:59 from 4AyV - click to readIf you wait for a while it's actually pretty bad, I got mine on christmas and never dropped it and it stopped working in March, I didn't do anything, the cellphone companies couldn't do anything about it. But if it works for you great!After they fixed mine it broke again 2 days later

• 2013-08-21 22:29
  • IxHH

I got this phone under a year ago, and the Battery sucks. There is barely enough memory storage, and it stopped vibrating. I accidentally dropped it from sofa (couch) which is about knee height onto carpet floor,(this was the first time i ever dropped this phone, which lead the phone to not vibrate at all anymore. I used to keep the phone on vibrate only in class, at work, etc, but now i wont be able to do that since it doesnt vibrate. I checked all the settings, and made sure they were on vibrate, which they are, still doesnt vibrate. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE, THIS PHONE IS GARBAGE, WHICH IS WHERE IT WILL BE SOON.

• 2013-07-30 22:44
  • 45xu

> In reply to clixxclixx @ 2013-01-17 01:24 from q}Hy - click to readhow did you get it to go on, i'm facing the exact same problem with my phone

• 2013-06-28 03:56
  • k9XS

> In reply to Aboahmed @ 2013-03-24 12:55 from fu}f - click to readBuy a wind, mobilcity or t mobil phone. It will work on sudan

• 2013-06-26 04:33
  • q}SH

phone battery is garbage because if you are a person that charges your phone overnight, the phone does not automatically stop charging after the battery is full so the over charge is killing your battery main life until it is nothing. i have an older phone that has the automatic shut off when battery is full so there is no excuse why this phone doesn't have it too.

• 2013-05-31 21:10
  • q{ke

my touch screen stoped working and I don't no how to fix it is there any video links or could some one reply with a solution?

• 2013-05-30 02:41
  • IvSV

> In reply to Cata @ 2012-07-04 13:16 from 45yP - click to readNO!

• 2013-05-07 15:27
  • Y93Q

The goods: Battery is good, high resistance to drops, stable, do everything a Android phone have to do, small design, good screen.

The bad: NO ENOUGH MEMORY! Less than 100mo for the user and some apps need internal memory to work so I can't download Facebook for exemple because it take to much memory...

• 2013-05-07 15:18
  • Y93Q

Worst phone in my life, very glitchy, proximety sensor is so screwed I had to disable, screen flashes, stuff freezes all the time. Do not buy it

• 2013-04-27 18:56
  • Q}3J

Though a lot of people here have been hating on this phone, for my purposes it has suited me perfectly. it has a good keyboard, simple but easy to understand interface and works fairly well for texting, which is what it is designed for.

so dont bitch

• 2013-04-02 01:59
  • 4AyV

This phone is constantly glitching. I would NOT recommend getting this phone. The battery takes forever to charge and it also loses battery extremely quick. I got this phone about 6 months ago and I've had so many problems already. It is probably the worst phone ever, so save yourself the time and money and don't buy it.

• 2013-03-28 07:21
  • sg0S

I have one , use it for long 6 month , but cannot use it by 3G , just internet working by 2G.
I think its manufacturing broblem due to 3G Network its just working in 850/1900 .but in my country Sudan working under 2100.
Please feed me by any information and how to solve this issue

• 2013-03-24 12:55
  • fu}f

I had this phone for like 5 month's and the battery is very bad i charge it everyday, there is barely any memory and i cant even use my e-mail. I really do not recommend this phone. I will never buy a Samsung phone in the future!

• 2013-03-23 01:47
  • qbHa

Didnt work 15 minutes after i got it, sim card does not make good contact, my last phone was an lg flip that lasted 10 years, dropped it 200 times and still worked, this was the best piece of %#* that fido offered and no returns. I'm dumping fido and going with whoever supports iphones, no brainer, iphones are selling the best for a reason, and as for the galaxy, ill give it to a recycler to save anyone else the headache.

• 2013-02-06 05:49
  • Y7$n

> In reply to patty cakes @ 2013-01-22 04:06 from YeGL - click to readyou can change the notification ringtone u have to go to menu, then go to files, click on downloads where you will have your ringtones, click on the menu button n select copy, then go back to files click notifications n select paste n u have ur ringtones 4 the notifications!! hope this helps!!

• 2013-02-03 01:06
  • RthF

i'm sorry but i think the battery which are used is not good, its easy to get low in just 20 mins.
and i hate it...

• 2013-02-01 09:26
  • vx22

> In reply to patty cakes @ 2013-01-22 04:06 from YeGL - click to readDownload zedge you can get a lot of ringtones

• 2013-01-30 17:54
  • q}HY
Total of 248 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Q T589R.