Samsung Galaxy Q T589R - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.5
6.4
6.2

I just bought this phone yesterday and I hate it... I don't like the fact that you are stuck with their stupid ringtones for notifications (text messages) and now my notification ringtone is stuck on one ringtone it won't let me change it up.. I am telling people that I know that are interested in getting a new cell phone not to buy this one... and Samsung should take this phone off the market...its plain and simple garbage....

• 2013-01-22 04:06
  • YeGL

the phones just doodoo, Ive had mine for about a month and the apps started crashing to the point that when i tried to reboot it after it just wouldn't even load past the Samsung symbol. i DO NOT recommend this phone to ANYONE, everything about its is below my liking.

• 2013-01-17 01:24
  • q}Hy

can not find 'attach' to an email?????

• 2013-01-13 20:27
  • q{DA

> In reply to austin @ 2013-01-04 21:48 from RYaZ - click to read
Cover it with rice for a while. Should be as good as new.

• 2013-01-09 20:27
  • qbdc

Most horrible phone..I bought it from mobilicity...it is always hanging...went to get it repaired...i'll need to pay for shipping

• 2013-01-06 17:34
  • q{nb

i dropped my phone in water, and at the moment its working, but its saying that the apps I downloaded are blocking my phone, I can text or call, or do anything, somone please respond

• 2013-01-04 21:48
  • RYaZ

> In reply to gfc @ 2012-10-20 06:19 from 01a@ - click to readThat is the number of walls you have stuff on. You can't get rid of it except you remove everything from your walls.

• 2012-12-30 20:41
  • 7ChV

The samsung galaxy Q freezes.
The Goods:
The flash on the camera is awesome. The quality of pictures is OK, not stellar, but ok.
The interface is quite easy to follow.But you might have to search deeper to find files.
I find that the Samsung Kies (which is similar to the Nokia Suite)doesn't work the way it should. You have to find a way around it.
The Bads:
And after the freeze spell, it can decide to come back on or go off. Sometimes when you are charging the phone it freezes and goes of. When you drop the phone it disintegrates immediately it hits the floor.

• 2012-12-30 20:36
  • 7ChV

i am very upset at how delecate this phone is
i droped it and it compleatly smashed
i have had it for less than a year and had to get it replaired twice
the touch screen stoped working. that was my first ishue.
the apps cut out
there are not alot of options at the app store
it is very expensive. and my more recent problem is the music downloads are ending soon, i am not happy with that at all.

• 2012-11-29 02:52
  • 4Aee

Have the phone for 13 months -- minor annoyances until this week when the screen touch stopped working. No support from phone carrier, not much help from Samsung.
Service contracts not the way to go when phones have limited life span! Not happy and do not recommend this Samsung product (and I will likely never purchase another Samsung product in the future).

• 2012-11-25 17:40
  • q{bA

I have this phone and it glitches all the time. When I first opened it out of its box and turned it on it glitched instantly. I'm changing this phone ASAP

• 2012-11-17 19:13
  • Y2bh

> In reply to Nikky @ 2011-10-10 13:11 from uCrZ - click to readonly black sorry

• 2012-11-17 01:01
  • IxvS

> In reply to paulc @ 2012-09-20 04:55 from Isae - click to readdude that's your phone plan's problem because it makes a sound when I recieve a text

• 2012-11-17 00:49
  • IxvS

I got this phone a couple of months ago. Since it's my first cell phone, I don't really have any to compare it to, but there are a few basic things that I don't like about it... The battery life sucks, sometimes the phone will ring and I won't be able to answer it b/c the friggin' touch screen won't work and the sound is too low for my liking; if your'e on the bus, forget it!

• 2012-11-16 06:55
  • q}rd

Cons:
Very poor battery (I need to charge it every day. I wouldn't trust it as an emergency phone.
Low earpiece volume (even at max. setting). If you have hearing problems, forget it.
Dialpad doesn't come up when you need it during a call
Low memory (internal)
Sometimes not responsive to touch or slow
Weak vibration
Pros:
Wifi

Bottom line: ok for light use but there are better phones out there at the same price.

• 2012-10-25 00:34
  • kJq6

Once the screen is unlocked, there is a tiny little number at the very top of the screen, why is it there and how do I get rid of it? I have seen it change from 1 to 2 but don't know what it is for.

• 2012-10-20 06:19
  • 01a@

I finally got around the internal storage problem just keep clearing your data and you are set setting>> manage apps. click on the app and hit clear ..first I kept on deleting the the apps and my old messages..i was alil turned off by now im getting my apps back and i get to retain all my messages( you may need to sync your email, FB twitter instagram) but hey for a low price i am getting a pretty good deal..the recent youtube upgrade is just awesome...

• 2012-10-19 06:21
  • q}nN

Cannot setting 3g, pls help?

• 2012-09-30 09:22
  • t4XI

can you upgrade the os on this phone? I have froyo 2.2 and have tried upgrading but no success..

• 2012-09-28 04:11
  • Y7JV

Is NOT worth buying this phone, its internal memory is terribly low. It says 180MB available but once like 60MB is installed you always get the annoying low phone storage memory notification and you can't even receive text messages! You get the notifying sound that you got a text but this junk doesnt let you receive it. I'm getting it swapped tomorrow because this model is not worth being considered a smart phone.

• 2012-09-20 04:55
  • Isae
Total of 248 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Q T589R.