Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro I547 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.0
6.0
6.1

I used my name because I don't care who knows just how furious I am. I recently switched to AT&T from Verizon. That's been one of my biggest mistakes I've ever made. I thought I might save some money. When picking a new phone I asked for something comparable to my Droid Mini. Ha, I chose a Samsung Galaxy Rugby. This phone is the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned. As soon as possible I will be returning to Verizon and my Droid Mini. It does things like change screens at one touch, I'm midi a rely changes screens. This Rugby is about to be thrown and wedged into the wall, then I will hang a frame around it to remind me to never ever change again.

• 2014-08-12 06:33
  • IH0K

user gudie need to download appts from stoage in to phone

• 2014-07-26 07:38
  • I4Wq

> In reply to jesuscoming @ 2014-04-22 01:36 from IE2g - click to readYou don't need any of that, the Rugby is solid as it is. I dropped it 10 feet onto solid concrete, with no damage.

• 2014-06-04 23:15
  • Rner

No one can hear me when I make a phine call unless I plug in headphones. .

• 2014-05-27 01:43
  • rRS9

I don't receive text notification... no sound either!

• 2014-05-16 04:22
  • FEBU

use zagg or ghost armor i have zagg on samsung galaxy dropped no cracks or breakage got to have extra protection ghost armor on i pad no problem lifetime warranty it goes bad pay shipping or at the store small fee to put on.

• 2014-04-22 01:36
  • IE2g

I had a nice HTC One but shattered the front accidentally. But I did have it insured. Lucky, right? Wrong!! ATT phone insurance gave me a Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro 1547 for a mere $50 as a replacement. That is all they would give me. Now I find I can buy one outright for that price. Perhaps the Samsung suffers from comparison but I really despise the thing. I find it much less user friendly than the HTC One and several camera quirks drive me insane. Video taken on the camera appears fine and plays back fine when I upload it to Facebook. But download it to my computer and they are all turned sideways--as are nearly all of the stills!n Never had an issue with the HTC. I can also find no way to differentiate incoming data (i.e. email, facebook, texts all sound of with the same audio notification. And I find no way to change that. If there is one, it is certainly much more obtuse the the HTC! In my humble opinion, the Samsung is a piece of junk and ATT phone insurance is equally as bad! I could go on.

• 2014-02-22 01:45
  • kZfP

For a rugged phone designed for an outdoor environment it lacks environmental sensors that in conjunction with barometric, temp and humidity apps will help those in the outdoor community a more versatile phone. Make no sesnse making a rugged phone for office environment.

• 2013-12-17 02:14
  • 4yUJ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-18 02:05 from YaHx - click to readdropped rugby in long grass in the pouring rain. Took 2 days to realize where I lost it . Rained off and on for both days . When I found it I accidently turned it on while taking it apart to dry. Started right up. Works great.

• 2013-11-27 01:37
  • 01Kq

This phone is not waterproof except under VERY strict conditions. The charging port is very easy to pop out, the camera leaks after a while. How do I know? Because I'm a fishing guide. The first time it fell in the river, blammo, didn't work. Well, it took a while to not work, so it didn't let much water in. When I got the phone, it was advertised as water proof, touting the mil-spec as a selling point. Now they just say "rugged" and humidity resistant on their website. I would have purchased an iphone and an otter box, but the sales rep sold me on this guy. Stay away if you are in need of a durable "rugged" phone. Get an otter box and a phone that they make them for.

• 2013-07-18 02:05
  • YaHx

There is no display cover like Gorilla Glass or other :(

• 2013-06-14 13:48
  • m}fB

What is the Display Protection?

• 2013-06-08 19:27
  • 0j8p

> In reply to SCB @ 2013-04-30 06:16 from 0aBS - click to readWhat you washed the phone with was not water, but a compound created from water and the clothes detergent you wash your clothes with. Not the same thing. And can you be sure that you had all the ports closed properly?

• 2013-05-17 04:44
  • Yc0y

I had this phone for about a month before I accidentally left it in my pocket and washed it. It was not water resistant enough for 10 minutes in the washer. I dried it out, and it powers up, but the speaker and mic no longer work. Not as tough as my old Defy.

• 2013-04-30 06:16
  • 0aBS

> In reply to qwerty @ 2013-03-30 17:50 from 8ySF - click to readI suggest you check directly on the samsung website. You'll get the right answer.

Hope it will help you.

Regards.

• 2013-04-20 15:20
  • Isit

Anyone figured out where to get a new screen yet? I love this phone and it has survived several drops. A drop directly on it's face while getting out of my car finally cracked the screen though.
I do not want to part with this phone and I am not due for an upgrade for over a year.
I have looked everywhere I can think of and a few places I didn't think of as well. Not even able to get parts from Samsung direct, best I can tell.
Any help out there?

• 2013-04-09 03:35
  • qLXC

Can anyone confirm that this phone has no compass sensor and FM/AM radio?
Other sites have differing specs when it comes to these two items.
Thanks

• 2013-03-30 17:50
  • 8ySF

Sammy, why not such handset same specs., small screen no problem, in small size with dualsim for those on the move, pocket friendly size like pocket duos, can be handle with one hand,

• 2013-03-26 18:05
  • fu%m

Bottom line: Samsung advertises this as a rugged phone, but does not guarantee that it is actually rugged! My glass broke from a very minor fall and Samsung said, "Sorry, that's physical damage, no warranty coverage."

Now after five months my SD slot has failed, but I can't warranty it because of the cracked glass.

One nice thing: When the phone gets dirty from construction work I can rinse it off under a faucet. Just make sure the back cover is secure, as others said it pops loose very easily.

• 2013-03-25 23:02
  • b%8X

please do review for this phone, like camera and sound quality

• 2013-03-19 02:59
  • wHR6
Total of 84 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro I547.