Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro I547 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.0
6.1
6.1

I love this phone . Had it for 2 years . Not a scratch . The clips on the battery cover have broken off thought after being slammed on tile floors and stepped on . Still use it in the shower and works fine . I had to disable alot of preinstalled apps to speed it up though and I dont have a sd card for it so memory is extremely limited . Im getting the xperia z3 compact next only because they never made an updated version of this phone

• 2015-05-17 14:56
  • Ivb}

I had an HTC One but I messed it up pretty bad and luckily my family plan had insurance. Well I didn't know that insurance wouldn't get me a replacement of my HTC One instead I settled for this piece of junk. First time I got it, it would drop my calls, the 2nd time AT&T send me a 'new'one anyone I'd talk to on the other end could not hear me, and the 3rd time is when I discovered how SLOW it was. When At&T sent me the same phone again I sent the same one back and figured I'd just get out of the contract when it ended. BIGGEST MISTAKE. This phone is a piece of crap. It takes about 1 minute to open any app I tap on. I always say to my friends that if I should ever need to call the police because of a life threatening situation I would probably die before this phone gets to the call screen. Heck, for that matter nothing ever loads. If I text, the screen suddenly goes to the home screen. Or goes back to something I was working on 2 hours ago. But wait, that's not all, the mic magically stops working and works again when it pleases. On top of glitching, it's as though I don't have a smartphone but instead a desktop computer from the 90's in my hand. I've spoken to AT&T about this and each time they send me the same phone. Awful 'help'. Awful piece of a 'phone'.

• 2015-05-09 03:26
  • GaPe

i can't run 3G network on this phone. There is no option in the mobile network manu for WCDMA or dual mood. how can i solve this problem. Please help me. i'm just maiting anyone's reply.

• 2015-05-06 08:01
  • uWF7

• 2015-05-06 07:59
  • uWF7

> In reply to aswede_1013 @ 2015-01-21 00:58 from QZIm - click to readIs there a decent guide to rooting and flashing this device? It is choked by bloat ware. Really frustrating.

• 2015-01-23 16:38
  • 86wv

> In reply to jestermark818 @ 2014-11-18 22:22 from bHQd - click to read" rooted it and flashed CM10.1 ROM"

I have never done that how do you do it and what's the benefit of doing it?

• 2015-01-21 00:58
  • QZIm

This phone suited my needs but the charging port went out after about 9 months, Because of a cracked screen, At&t was of no help.Will cost about $139.00 to repair both. Any comments about the charging port ?

• 2015-01-11 21:54
  • Y92b

I hated it when work first issued it.
Touchwiz absolutely blows, bloatware chokes.
So I rooted it and flashed CM10.1 ROM which upgraded it to Android 4.2.2.
It's workable now, more custom notification choices.
Linked most apps off internal to SD, no bloat at all.
I love this little phone.

• 2014-11-18 22:22
  • bHQd

> In reply to Aut4 @ 2013-04-09 03:35 from qLXC - click to readGet the new Samsung galaxy active works the same but you get a bigger screen and better display. I love this phone way better then the rugby pro.

• 2014-11-10 13:32
  • M1mT

I used my name because I don't care who knows just how furious I am. I recently switched to AT&T from Verizon. That's been one of my biggest mistakes I've ever made. I thought I might save some money. When picking a new phone I asked for something comparable to my Droid Mini. Ha, I chose a Samsung Galaxy Rugby. This phone is the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned. As soon as possible I will be returning to Verizon and my Droid Mini. It does things like change screens at one touch, I'm midi a rely changes screens. This Rugby is about to be thrown and wedged into the wall, then I will hang a frame around it to remind me to never ever change again.

• 2014-08-12 06:33
  • IH0K

user gudie need to download appts from stoage in to phone

• 2014-07-26 07:38
  • I4Wq

> In reply to jesuscoming @ 2014-04-22 01:36 from IE2g - click to readYou don't need any of that, the Rugby is solid as it is. I dropped it 10 feet onto solid concrete, with no damage.

• 2014-06-04 23:15
  • Rner

No one can hear me when I make a phine call unless I plug in headphones. .

• 2014-05-27 01:43
  • rRS9

I don't receive text notification... no sound either!

• 2014-05-16 04:22
  • FEBU

use zagg or ghost armor i have zagg on samsung galaxy dropped no cracks or breakage got to have extra protection ghost armor on i pad no problem lifetime warranty it goes bad pay shipping or at the store small fee to put on.

• 2014-04-22 01:36
  • IE2g

I had a nice HTC One but shattered the front accidentally. But I did have it insured. Lucky, right? Wrong!! ATT phone insurance gave me a Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro 1547 for a mere $50 as a replacement. That is all they would give me. Now I find I can buy one outright for that price. Perhaps the Samsung suffers from comparison but I really despise the thing. I find it much less user friendly than the HTC One and several camera quirks drive me insane. Video taken on the camera appears fine and plays back fine when I upload it to Facebook. But download it to my computer and they are all turned sideways--as are nearly all of the stills!n Never had an issue with the HTC. I can also find no way to differentiate incoming data (i.e. email, facebook, texts all sound of with the same audio notification. And I find no way to change that. If there is one, it is certainly much more obtuse the the HTC! In my humble opinion, the Samsung is a piece of junk and ATT phone insurance is equally as bad! I could go on.

• 2014-02-22 01:45
  • kZfP

For a rugged phone designed for an outdoor environment it lacks environmental sensors that in conjunction with barometric, temp and humidity apps will help those in the outdoor community a more versatile phone. Make no sesnse making a rugged phone for office environment.

• 2013-12-17 02:14
  • 4yUJ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-18 02:05 from YaHx - click to readdropped rugby in long grass in the pouring rain. Took 2 days to realize where I lost it . Rained off and on for both days . When I found it I accidently turned it on while taking it apart to dry. Started right up. Works great.

• 2013-11-27 01:37
  • 01Kq

This phone is not waterproof except under VERY strict conditions. The charging port is very easy to pop out, the camera leaks after a while. How do I know? Because I'm a fishing guide. The first time it fell in the river, blammo, didn't work. Well, it took a while to not work, so it didn't let much water in. When I got the phone, it was advertised as water proof, touting the mil-spec as a selling point. Now they just say "rugged" and humidity resistant on their website. I would have purchased an iphone and an otter box, but the sales rep sold me on this guy. Stay away if you are in need of a durable "rugged" phone. Get an otter box and a phone that they make them for.

• 2013-07-18 02:05
  • YaHx

There is no display cover like Gorilla Glass or other :(

• 2013-06-14 13:48
  • m}fB
Total of 93 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro I547.