Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro I547 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.0
6.1
6.1

I have had this phone (upgraded)for about 1 year and am totally disgusted hangups freezes cuts off and on "by itself or is bugged even calls my landline at times Paying over 2X what can get Straight Talk Unlimited for.

• 2015-06-12 15:40
  • IsPJ

I love this phone . Had it for 2 years . Not a scratch . The clips on the battery cover have broken off thought after being slammed on tile floors and stepped on . Still use it in the shower and works fine . I had to disable alot of preinstalled apps to speed it up though and I dont have a sd card for it so memory is extremely limited . Im getting the xperia z3 compact next only because they never made an updated version of this phone

• 2015-05-17 14:56
  • Ivb}

I had an HTC One but I messed it up pretty bad and luckily my family plan had insurance. Well I didn't know that insurance wouldn't get me a replacement of my HTC One instead I settled for this piece of junk. First time I got it, it would drop my calls, the 2nd time AT&T send me a 'new'one anyone I'd talk to on the other end could not hear me, and the 3rd time is when I discovered how SLOW it was. When At&T sent me the same phone again I sent the same one back and figured I'd just get out of the contract when it ended. BIGGEST MISTAKE. This phone is a piece of crap. It takes about 1 minute to open any app I tap on. I always say to my friends that if I should ever need to call the police because of a life threatening situation I would probably die before this phone gets to the call screen. Heck, for that matter nothing ever loads. If I text, the screen suddenly goes to the home screen. Or goes back to something I was working on 2 hours ago. But wait, that's not all, the mic magically stops working and works again when it pleases. On top of glitching, it's as though I don't have a smartphone but instead a desktop computer from the 90's in my hand. I've spoken to AT&T about this and each time they send me the same phone. Awful 'help'. Awful piece of a 'phone'.

• 2015-05-09 03:26
  • GaPe

i can't run 3G network on this phone. There is no option in the mobile network manu for WCDMA or dual mood. how can i solve this problem. Please help me. i'm just maiting anyone's reply.

• 2015-05-06 08:01
  • uWF7

• 2015-05-06 07:59
  • uWF7

> In reply to aswede_1013 @ 2015-01-21 00:58 from QZIm - click to readIs there a decent guide to rooting and flashing this device? It is choked by bloat ware. Really frustrating.

• 2015-01-23 16:38
  • 86wv

> In reply to jestermark818 @ 2014-11-18 22:22 from bHQd - click to read" rooted it and flashed CM10.1 ROM"

I have never done that how do you do it and what's the benefit of doing it?

• 2015-01-21 00:58
  • QZIm

This phone suited my needs but the charging port went out after about 9 months, Because of a cracked screen, At&t was of no help.Will cost about $139.00 to repair both. Any comments about the charging port ?

• 2015-01-11 21:54
  • Y92b

I hated it when work first issued it.
Touchwiz absolutely blows, bloatware chokes.
So I rooted it and flashed CM10.1 ROM which upgraded it to Android 4.2.2.
It's workable now, more custom notification choices.
Linked most apps off internal to SD, no bloat at all.
I love this little phone.

• 2014-11-18 22:22
  • bHQd

> In reply to Aut4 @ 2013-04-09 03:35 from qLXC - click to readGet the new Samsung galaxy active works the same but you get a bigger screen and better display. I love this phone way better then the rugby pro.

• 2014-11-10 13:32
  • M1mT

I used my name because I don't care who knows just how furious I am. I recently switched to AT&T from Verizon. That's been one of my biggest mistakes I've ever made. I thought I might save some money. When picking a new phone I asked for something comparable to my Droid Mini. Ha, I chose a Samsung Galaxy Rugby. This phone is the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned. As soon as possible I will be returning to Verizon and my Droid Mini. It does things like change screens at one touch, I'm midi a rely changes screens. This Rugby is about to be thrown and wedged into the wall, then I will hang a frame around it to remind me to never ever change again.

• 2014-08-12 06:33
  • IH0K

user gudie need to download appts from stoage in to phone

• 2014-07-26 07:38
  • I4Wq

> In reply to jesuscoming @ 2014-04-22 01:36 from IE2g - click to readYou don't need any of that, the Rugby is solid as it is. I dropped it 10 feet onto solid concrete, with no damage.

• 2014-06-04 23:15
  • Rner

No one can hear me when I make a phine call unless I plug in headphones. .

• 2014-05-27 01:43
  • rRS9

I don't receive text notification... no sound either!

• 2014-05-16 04:22
  • FEBU

use zagg or ghost armor i have zagg on samsung galaxy dropped no cracks or breakage got to have extra protection ghost armor on i pad no problem lifetime warranty it goes bad pay shipping or at the store small fee to put on.

• 2014-04-22 01:36
  • IE2g

I had a nice HTC One but shattered the front accidentally. But I did have it insured. Lucky, right? Wrong!! ATT phone insurance gave me a Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro 1547 for a mere $50 as a replacement. That is all they would give me. Now I find I can buy one outright for that price. Perhaps the Samsung suffers from comparison but I really despise the thing. I find it much less user friendly than the HTC One and several camera quirks drive me insane. Video taken on the camera appears fine and plays back fine when I upload it to Facebook. But download it to my computer and they are all turned sideways--as are nearly all of the stills!n Never had an issue with the HTC. I can also find no way to differentiate incoming data (i.e. email, facebook, texts all sound of with the same audio notification. And I find no way to change that. If there is one, it is certainly much more obtuse the the HTC! In my humble opinion, the Samsung is a piece of junk and ATT phone insurance is equally as bad! I could go on.

• 2014-02-22 01:45
  • kZfP

For a rugged phone designed for an outdoor environment it lacks environmental sensors that in conjunction with barometric, temp and humidity apps will help those in the outdoor community a more versatile phone. Make no sesnse making a rugged phone for office environment.

• 2013-12-17 02:14
  • 4yUJ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-18 02:05 from YaHx - click to readdropped rugby in long grass in the pouring rain. Took 2 days to realize where I lost it . Rained off and on for both days . When I found it I accidently turned it on while taking it apart to dry. Started right up. Works great.

• 2013-11-27 01:37
  • 01Kq

This phone is not waterproof except under VERY strict conditions. The charging port is very easy to pop out, the camera leaks after a while. How do I know? Because I'm a fishing guide. The first time it fell in the river, blammo, didn't work. Well, it took a while to not work, so it didn't let much water in. When I got the phone, it was advertised as water proof, touting the mil-spec as a selling point. Now they just say "rugged" and humidity resistant on their website. I would have purchased an iphone and an otter box, but the sales rep sold me on this guy. Stay away if you are in need of a durable "rugged" phone. Get an otter box and a phone that they make them for.

• 2013-07-18 02:05
  • YaHx
Total of 94 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro I547.