Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro I547 - user opinions and reviews

6.1

There is no display cover like Gorilla Glass or other :(

• 2013-06-14 13:48
  • m}fB

What is the Display Protection?

• 2013-06-08 19:27
  • 0j8p

> In reply to SCB @ 2013-04-30 06:16 from 0aBS - click to readWhat you washed the phone with was not water, but a compound created from water and the clothes detergent you wash your clothes with. Not the same thing. And can you be sure that you had all the ports closed properly?

• 2013-05-17 04:44
  • Yc0y

I had this phone for about a month before I accidentally left it in my pocket and washed it. It was not water resistant enough for 10 minutes in the washer. I dried it out, and it powers up, but the speaker and mic no longer work. Not as tough as my old Defy.

• 2013-04-30 06:16
  • 0aBS

> In reply to qwerty @ 2013-03-30 17:50 from 8ySF - click to readI suggest you check directly on the samsung website. You'll get the right answer.

Hope it will help you.

Regards.

• 2013-04-20 15:20
  • Isit

Anyone figured out where to get a new screen yet? I love this phone and it has survived several drops. A drop directly on it's face while getting out of my car finally cracked the screen though.
I do not want to part with this phone and I am not due for an upgrade for over a year.
I have looked everywhere I can think of and a few places I didn't think of as well. Not even able to get parts from Samsung direct, best I can tell.
Any help out there?

• 2013-04-09 03:35
  • qLXC

Can anyone confirm that this phone has no compass sensor and FM/AM radio?
Other sites have differing specs when it comes to these two items.
Thanks

• 2013-03-30 17:50
  • 8ySF

Sammy, why not such handset same specs., small screen no problem, in small size with dualsim for those on the move, pocket friendly size like pocket duos, can be handle with one hand,

• 2013-03-26 18:05
  • fu%m

Bottom line: Samsung advertises this as a rugged phone, but does not guarantee that it is actually rugged! My glass broke from a very minor fall and Samsung said, "Sorry, that's physical damage, no warranty coverage."

Now after five months my SD slot has failed, but I can't warranty it because of the cracked glass.

One nice thing: When the phone gets dirty from construction work I can rinse it off under a faucet. Just make sure the back cover is secure, as others said it pops loose very easily.

• 2013-03-25 23:02
  • b%8X

please do review for this phone, like camera and sound quality

• 2013-03-19 02:59
  • wHR6

i wish they have the same looks as Xcover2,

• 2013-02-27 03:25
  • K7gR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-02-05 16:57 from XuHh - click to readWas never supposed to be.. you cannot even compare them 2, one is a top end (htc) and one is meant for sports.

• 2013-02-12 23:13
  • 3xAQ

not good as htc butterfly

• 2013-02-05 16:57
  • XuHh

> In reply to Chews @ 2012-12-24 14:09 from XuF6 - click to readGorilla glass is weak on hit impacts, so it does not fit here.

• 2013-02-02 19:43
  • Sbj5

> In reply to Sam @ 2012-12-21 17:57 from PVv{ - click to readPhone is safe from water damage up to 3 feet for 30 minutes. Touchscreen won't work under water though so don't expect to be snapping pictures under water.

• 2013-01-08 20:43
  • q{tX

I dropped my Galaxy Rugby Pro i547 from a height of just one meter and the glass shattered. My previous iPhone survived much worse falls while protected in an Otterbox case. Unfortunately because this Samsung is marketed as "rugged" nobody makes a truly protective case for it. Also, online parts suppliers snd repair companies don't support the i547.

My recommendation: stay away. Get a more common phone (iPhone, Galaxy S3, etc) and a good quality case.

• 2012-12-31 17:33
  • q3Sw

Funny phone, it seem resistance to everythings including rusting in salt water but not against screen scratches !
No gorilla glass screen protection.

• 2012-12-24 14:09
  • XuF6

is it waterproof? I mean can it take picture under water?

• 2012-12-21 17:57
  • PVv{

is it shock-resistant? what the difference between mil-std and ip certified?

• 2012-12-15 09:57
  • uEAp

when this phone launch in Indonesia...waitingg

• 2012-12-14 14:46
  • tA$U
Total of 94 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro I547.