Samsung Galaxy S4 Active LTE-A - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.8
5.8
5.7

I got mine 2 weeks ago, expecting a regular S4 Active as I ordered from a dealer. Turned out to be an LTE-A model, 13 megapixels main camera and 2 megapixel front camera, and Quadcore processor . I for the color that I want - pebble gray... And they charge me for 1,600 SAR which is a bargain price for the regular S4 Active - sweet deal... Thank God :-)

• 2014-03-21 16:05
  • DMbw

Completely lost faith in Samsung Mobile's service with my S4 Active! This is an important story everyone should be made aware of:

I drowned the ‘waterproof’ phone, which is easy enough to do if the removable back cover (which seals the unit) unclips partially due to a fall – I accept this was my fault and I don’t expect a warranty claim.

BUT at Samsung’s service centre – don’t expect Samsung to repair it, open it, or even look at it. They are not bothered.

Samsung’s SOLUTION: They can SELL ME A NEW PHONE CHARGED AT FULL PRICE, minus a discount for the battery as I can use my old one.

Samsung’s EXCUSE: “They are not allowed to open it to repair it as they’d disrupt the seal and void the warranty", even though THE WARRANTY DOESN’T COVER FOR WATER DAMAGE ANYWAY!!!

Great Samsung, way to treat the customer! It's obvious where your focus is: $$$

• 2014-03-18 18:47
  • rv4T

Hey guys I just want to ask can I see this phone in malaysia ? When can i buy this item ?

• 2014-03-13 16:43
  • IVC5

> In reply to shayan7584 @ 2014-01-01 22:06 from JFR1 - click to readyes u can got it form dubai & sharjah mobile r/a

• 2014-02-24 07:02
  • 3JDI

This model is a variation made because Korean service providers asked to support LTE-A. Since Snapdragon 800 is the only chipset supporting LTE-A currently (2014-02-23) this model got upgraded to S800 from S600 and 13MP camera bonus to compete with LG and Pantech. Therefore, this model will not be available to countries without LTE-A and, of course no dual SIM.

• 2014-02-23 15:51
  • tVy8

> In reply to Jamboo @ 2014-01-28 14:42 from 3bmY - click to readYep. that's what we need.

• 2014-02-07 12:55
  • nxRT

> In reply to Jamboo @ 2014-01-28 14:42 from 3bmY - click to readand those hardware could play the role of mounting heater like first generation of gs4.gs4 got worm and affect on cpu and battery.the quality is more important.but sam don't consideration.awful mobiles.

• 2014-01-31 23:33
  • gyD5

I think would be better still if we legislate Samsung manufacturing "Samsung galaxy s4 active mini" specs:

1.Display.- 4.3 inch -- Super Amoled -- CGG3
2.Memory.- 2 GB RAM
3.Chipset.- Snapdragon 800
4.Battery.- 2100mAh

• 2014-01-28 14:42
  • 3bmY

> In reply to kenkolen @ 2014-01-15 14:48 from qZN6 - click to readYup..From the day I got my Active, I knew that flap was gonna come off. And it did, by my unplugging the phone from the charger. But its my fault? Seriously? Not just that but the cheap ass Sammy flip phone my buddy has has a wayyyy better flap that pivots instead of that crappy piece of rubber that holds ours. Amazing all the reviewers never pointed this out. Still love the phone however!

• 2014-01-28 07:08
  • jj{H

NIce phone phone yet the accy like case are not much available!

• 2014-01-22 12:11
  • mTV0

Don't believe any comment in there... Ask about the phone from a user who u know very well....

• 2014-01-22 04:36
  • iwpJ

Yesterday my screen went black. When I returned it to ATT at a warranty service center I was told the warranty is void, because the plastic cover for the USB connection came off. I believe this was a design flaw, most of us charge out phone daily from normal use the plastic came loose. Shame on Samsung!
Fortunately since I have been a customer of ATT for over 25 years the office of the President exchanged my phone for a Note 3.

• 2014-01-15 14:48
  • qZN6

26MP carlzeiss rear & 8mp front... 4.4 kitkat OS
in add or upgrade/update to specs... i'll buy it/swap to my Z1...

• 2014-01-14 11:11
  • K7gS

I bought this phone 1 week back its very laggy phone after this I will not buy any Samsung phone,don't buy it.it stucks all time.

• 2014-01-14 08:38
  • vG$d

challenging the Xperia Z1, impresive on IP67 rating.

• 2014-01-11 06:37
  • fjR7

> In reply to Amrit @ 2013-12-13 05:54 from Hkqm - click to readtft is better for your eyes it doesn't strain them so much making them red and dry ant tired...

• 2014-01-08 06:22
  • 02$r

13 MP instead of 8 MP Camera brings this phone in my range of interest.
Hope they improved the sealings that there are no more water damages like with the "old" S4 active. Poor thing that water damages are not covered by the guarantee. Change this Sammy, please!

I want to have Ant+ to connect my Garmin Virb Elite Camera.
Does someone know if this phone (or the former version: I9295 Galaxy S4 Active) also gets the ANT+ standard?
And how this depends on a future Android 4.3 update?
(I saw the standard S4 with 4.3 in the ANT+ List: http://www.thisisant.com/direc...-android-43/ )
Is it only a software theme or does the phone also need a special chipset for ANT+?

Please Sammy connect it to your Gear-Watch!

And last: Does someone know why the standard S4 uses Gorilla Glass 3 but the S4 Actives uses "only" Gorilla Glass 2? The more resistant glass is the Gorilla Glass 3, isn´t it?

Thanks for your help! R

• 2014-01-04 13:26
  • JEJv

Hey guys I just want to ask can I see this phone in dubai or middle east country in future?

• 2014-01-01 22:06
  • JFR1

Guys...I shifted to Windows 8.1 after using Android. No, I guess I made the right choice. If we are talking about quality, I don't think Samsung can match NOKIA or HTC....

• 2013-12-27 08:19
  • bC7n
Total of 57 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active LTE-A.