Samsung Galaxy S4 CDMA - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Check Price

Popularity

Daily interest
1.1%
Total hits:
908606

Voting results

Design
5.9
Features
6.2
Performance
6.1
Votes:
99

Sort by:

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-03-26 22:46 from bHIs - click to readwhen I first learned that I have to get a new phone and I have a samsung galaxy s4 which I paid $600 for and it is in still brand new condition I was upset and ready to sue. and it would have been involved in a lawsuithave they not offered a brand new updated Samsung s4 for 99 cents. as someone stated earlier you pay for a new month of service on the new service but your old service will be prorated for whatever you paid on it and credited to your new service account so basically you're paying 99 cents for the phone and I believe some setup fees if that you're getting a brand new phone and for most people that's probably a great deal because their phones are nowhere near brand new. I didn't go in the store and trade in my phone I follow the link in the text message that cricket sent and it was very easy.the new plans under the GSM service are cheaper and you can upgrade your data. believe me I was on a rampage until I got that text message and everythings been just fine since I purchased my new phone for 99 cents. count your blessings because that's the only $0.99 smartphone upgrade you will ever get from cricket enjoy

  • Reply
  • 2015-05-14 07:08
  • kRtx
  • H

i am using cricket s4 . am in ghana but wen am making calls liaoning shenanigans shows. I need your help please

  • Reply
  • 2015-04-28 21:48
  • fsTx
  • U

> In reply to gs4nachos @ 2015-04-13 09:07 from 4r8@ - click to readMe either...oh well I will wait and if it doesn't happen I will leave cricket...verizon can convert my current S4 over for 45 bucks and you get free mouth with it.

  • Reply
  • 2015-04-21 18:37
  • 9GSZ
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-03-29 06:36 from 4r8P - click to readNo it is they will not make the deal

  • Reply
  • 2015-04-21 18:35
  • 9GSZ
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-03-26 22:46 from bHIs - click to readI'm on the old cricket, I did not receive that text

  • Reply
  • 2015-04-13 09:07
  • 4r8@
  • R

this phone s4 is going to be my first time using it and first samsung phone to get it

  • Reply
  • 2015-04-10 17:05
  • QdZ1
  • H

this phone s4 is going to be my first time using it and first samsung phone to get it

  • Reply
  • 2015-04-10 17:05
  • QdZ1
  • H

> In reply to [deleted post]I was a customer for years, I left cricket last month because I was upset over the galaxy s4 situation we had purchased two phones at full price. When I found out about the 99 cent promo I called and asked if they could give me the promo as well and they said no. I also had another friend who stood with cricket who also had the s4 he traded it in and got 120.00 and ended up with a cheap phone I told him about the promo and they told him no as well they are thieves #Fuckcricket

  • Reply
  • 2015-04-08 22:14
  • Mbp@
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-03-27 07:01 from 8gBN - click to readCome on now! They are giving you a brand new Galaxie S4 for .99 and your complaining about paying for a month of service? They will prorate your old bill and apply it to the new one so you aren't going to lose anything! Just be happy they finally came through and didn't make you spend another $500 on a new phone!

  • Reply
  • 2015-03-29 06:36
  • 4r8P
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-03-27 07:01 from 8gBN - click to readPerhaps you don't understand the bigger picture here. I just responded to the same text and got my Brand New Samsung Galaxy S4 for 99 cents in the mail 3 days later 1 day processing, 2 days shipping)

I'm currently transferring everything over from my old Galaxy S4 to the new one. Yes I had to pay for another month of service but in the confirmation email I received it stated that any $ not being used on my old account will be credited to my new one. So like in my case, for example, I was halfway through my billing month. I just paid another $50 towards a new month for the new phone. Cricket then SHOULD be crediting me about $25 for the 2nd half of the month I won't be using the old phone under the old plan with. Does that make sense? Basically they just GAVE ME a brand new phone for a freaking dollar. I was thinking of getting a new battery for my phone anyway, so yay. Now I have a new phone and a backup battery. Please tell me how this is a rip off. Because I am VERY happy with their decision to go forward with this offer.

I've been with Cricket since they came to Portland many years ago. Started with the cheapest flip phone they had at the time, and slowly upgraded phones as the years went by. Their cellular service got better and better, first going nationwide and now being owned by AT&T I believe the service will get better still.

The one negative thing I can say about Cricket is that EVERYONE I know who has their service, including myself, has had at at least one bad issue with them that took about an entire month to resolve. Their customer service has been, in my opinion, abysmal at best. However, I haven't ever had to count minutes or texts and have never signed a contract. I forget that other people are still limiting their texts so they don't go over their allotted amounts on other plans, and are facing extra charges if they try to bail out of their contracts. While Cricket has it's faults, I do think they've gotten much better over time and I am very appreciative of this damn near free cell phone I just got. As far as true cell service goes, I think that Verizon still has them beat. I live out in the country and have had to buy a landline phone because my calls have (up til now) continued to drop when I'm at home. However, any place in the city is totally fine. We'll see how the "New Cricket" performs. As soon as it finishes transferring my old info over to the new phone. Cheers!

  • Reply
  • 2015-03-27 23:00
  • 86UW
  • H

Well I finally go this offer as well pay .99cent get a new phone but the catch is that you have to pay for a month of service which is not not fair and to add to the big mess what about the service that I was already paying for that was never recieved CRICKET is foolish and is ripping people off. We choose cricket because we all work hard I know I do and I can't afford to pay for another company I like cricket but sometimes as consumer I feel that I am not being heard and it's not fair that everytime I call I feel like someone is reading from a script or something I'm just torn that these powerhouse companies just take advantage of the little people not happy at all.

  • Reply
  • 2015-03-27 07:01
  • 8gBN
  • U

> In reply to Tony @ 2015-02-10 04:29 from 4wCM - click to readI got a text from Cricket offering the new Galaxy 4s for only .99 cents if you have not switched over to the new network yet. I was told this text was sent to anyone that is still on the old network.

  • Reply
  • 2015-03-26 22:46
  • bHIs
  • R

I don't know what to do. should i go to anther company or take in the trade in value because several places said that no one will be able to unlock it or activate it in their network. The only possible one might be sprint.

  • Reply
  • 2015-03-26 03:37
  • I5NU
  • U

> In reply to Tony @ 2015-02-10 04:29 from 4wCM - click to readI have same issue with my Cricket phone .Can't be unlocked like brand new & they didn't offer me anything in store but said I could go on cricket on line & get my same phone for $ 1.00

  • Reply
  • 2015-03-24 07:45
  • 4Z%d
  • R

> In reply to Ruby Red @ 2015-03-16 17:29 from cUKe - click to readMy phone is not even a year old .

  • Reply
  • 2015-03-24 07:39
  • 4Z%d
  • R

> In reply to Vinayak @ 2015-01-18 09:23 from X{BN - click to readI believe it's both I have friends that have both

  • Reply
  • 2015-03-20 01:02
  • jBu7
  • R

> In reply to cricket hater @ 2015-03-10 08:21 from k4EW - click to readI have a galaxy 4 also it is just a year old my boss paid $500. for it for a Christmas present - I just love it - I am so angry. How can they do this???

  • Reply
  • 2015-03-16 17:29
  • cUKe
  • R

I have gone in circles with Cricket people for 2 weekends now - the last one said they Do Not unlock Galaxies. If I put in a Ting GSM, it says No SIM, if I put in the old Cricket CDMA SMI, it directs me to a Roaming service. THOUSANDS of these beautiful Samsung Galaxy phone mine is a 4 will be dumped in land fills. It is criminal and I will complain to the FCC.
...I may try to change to motherboard to an unlocked Gal 4....we'll see.
...and yet I bought a ATT Gal that was supposed to be unlocked, but it was locked by ATT and they unlocked it in less than 5 minutes. Go figure.

  • Reply
  • 2015-03-14 17:52
  • jZ{F
  • R

> In reply to bboy @ 2015-03-07 12:49 from IA15 - click to readCopy that ....can you say class action law suit?

  • Reply
  • 2015-03-10 08:21
  • k4EW
  • R

Cricket is about to loose so much money..... o well Time to sue cricket and get straight talk wireless.

  • Reply
  • 2015-03-07 12:49
  • IA15
  • C
Sort by:
Total of 134 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy S4 CDMA.