Samsung Galaxy S5 (octa-core) - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.6
5.9
6.0

Hi, I'm a user of S5 octa for 1 month.
I'll give you my pros and cons
Pros:
1. Amazing screen, with choice of saturation mode
2. Solid build quality, for large handed person its possible for one hand operation
3. Great camera, especially in macro
4. Great battery life, around 1-1,5 days of moderate usage (no hardcore gaming, always connected to wifi-no mobile data), with Ultra saving battery drops 2% every 8 hours
5. Water resistant, give you peace of mind
6. fingerprint scanner is accurate, but need 2 hands to operate it properly

Cons:
1. Same design, impossible to distinguish from other samsung phones (personally LG G3 has the best design)
2. No OIS means sometimes blurry shots
3. heats up when used to play for 10-15 minutes, also while charging (never get more than 40C though,according to gsam battery monitor)
4. Flimsy usb port cover, needs extra care while removing it (thankfully mine is still good)
5. Some stuttering in interface, and ram usage is heavy (never below 1,3 gb out of 1,75 without opening any apps)

Im sorry for this long review, I just want to help people make the right decision, as gsmarena and people like you have helped me in my decision making

• 2014-09-02 15:44
  • PIqN

Hi,what is cpu frequency of galaxy octa core model,2.1 and 1.5 GHz(clock speed) or 1.9 and 1.3 GHz.

• 2014-09-01 15:08
  • HIgG

> In reply to mohibd73 @ 2014-08-22 20:54 from XMIc - click to readI agree with you. I bought my s5 just 8 days ago and I really love it. The performance is super except for the low speaker output which is by far lower than that of my galaxy note 2. I wonder if there is anything that can be done to increase the output.

• 2014-08-29 20:19
  • fuNc

> In reply to yadavlalit555 @ 2014-08-20 14:00 from utvA - click to readIf you mean air view, simply click settings, scroll upwards until you find air view. Then switch it on.

• 2014-08-29 19:58
  • fuN1

Try to use the cherry mobile brand of the Philippines it beautiful and affordable

• 2014-08-29 15:11
  • v0qJ

I am finely using samsung galaxy s5,,,it's working properly n so good...sometimes the device is rather hot n slower, I think it must beby RAM getting full of the running applications and should stop all to start the new app and mostly in big app memory..it would need more space of RAM,,, so this device is no hard problem...it defend on us to used it...so be smart.. :)

• 2014-08-28 18:28
  • txj3

> In reply to pappu @ 2014-08-28 17:20 from bCq{ - click to readI you should setup on setting in motion n gesture setup...

• 2014-08-28 18:20
  • txj3

I am using SM G900H for last 2 months.
s5 user help me
1.air browse sensor
2 one handed operation .
3 private mode.
4 smart pause
is not working and how to work pls

• 2014-08-28 17:20
  • bCq{

I am using SM GT-900H for last 2 months.
s5 user help me air browse sensor. one handed operation . private mode.smart pause is not working and how to work pls

• 2014-08-28 17:16
  • bCq{

The day I got it I noticed that the phone was getting hot (even when it was not on charge), this could be due to the oct core processor that's on board. When talking on the phone on some days I had to keep it away from my ear!!

The battery life will only last for more than 2 days when your wifi and internet data is switchd off.

Unfortunately with mine it wouldn't establish tethering which was important to me. I live in the UK and purchased mine from a hong kong seller on ebay. I don't know if there is an international issue but I advise anyone to by it from their own country and not to cut corners like me!!

• 2014-08-28 12:18
  • HCre

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-25 05:15 from mCsK - click to readbro i got the same phone.. just active battery Saveing mode. and check it charges slowly..

the phone is fine

• 2014-08-28 09:04
  • S1kj

> In reply to mohibd73 @ 2014-08-22 20:54 from XMIc - click to readI have the S5 G900H and I can tell you it overheats ALOT and battery life is BAD !! I barely get a day even with very minimal usage! and I have replaced my phone and battery so I know it's not just me
I am a big Samsung fan but the S5 can never give you 3.5 days ! even Nokia phones won't last that long

• 2014-08-25 05:15
  • mCsK

> In reply to crazyboys_tp @ 2014-08-24 19:12 from utb6 - click to readEven Samsung s5 have snapdragon model available in India...with same specification n far batter camera then E8....

• 2014-08-25 04:29
  • rKtv

After 3 long years and going through almost all the flagship smartphones from S2 to Note to S3 to Note2 to S4 to S5(Used all these phones personally) I am happy to say that I am moving out from Samsungs loyal customer list.

I was used to lot of Samsungs user interface but Touchwiz started to getting bored.

I wanted to try a HTC device but was not at all happy with M8's camera so I went up with E8 and I am surprised to say that I am very impressed with Sense UI. And more over Snapdragon rocks.

I really miss the excellent no the Best camera and the deep black's of my old S5 but replacing it with Boom Sound, HTC Sense UI, Latest Snapdragon Chipset with 4G and dual sim option of One E8 is really worth.

If anyone wana get a mobile for around 34k in India HTC One E8 is the best option other than S5

Guys I will really miss all the critics, comments and lot of fanboy and haters replies in the Samsung page. But I think I will still follow it for some more time.

To all Samsung Lovers and Haters do not post any opinions or comments unless you use a device for at least couple of days. feeling a mobile in a showroom will not give you its real feel.

One Final Word even though I am out of Sammy's customer list I really appreciate few of the good work by Sammy .

I have posted my opinion and experience which i had with Samsung so please don't say any unwanted things about my choice.

Tack Care Guys

• 2014-08-24 19:12
  • utb6

> In reply to tharaka @ 2014-08-23 00:05 from v{u} - click to readSM-G900H model device has no 4G (LTE) and download booster. This version is Octa Core.Read GSMARENA specification properly. You can expect to get in SM-G900F/SM-G900H models which have been made with snapdragon processor.

• 2014-08-24 14:22
  • YP6c

> In reply to mohibd73 @ 2014-08-22 20:54 from XMIc - click to readCan you tell me brother were i can get otg Cable for my s5

• 2014-08-23 17:45
  • utvJ

> In reply to mohibd73 @ 2014-08-22 20:54 from XMIc - click to readWat about ultra saving mode....does it really working...I mean 100% battery...goes how many days in ultra saving mode

• 2014-08-23 02:49
  • rJvj

the SM900H is not 4G even it does not show 4G and does not have downloadbooster even???

• 2014-08-23 00:05
  • v{u}

I am using SM GT-900H for last 4 months. And here is my findings:
1) It never heats up. Only heats up a little while charging.
2) Good battery life. Goes 3.5 days for me in moderate use.
3) Awesome camera for still pictures as well as 1080p
video
4) Music playback is excellent when using head phone.
5) Call quality is excellent.
6) I never noticed any drop call.
7) Truly water resistant. I dropped my S5 accidentally in water, but it is still alive without any problem.

i m loving it

• 2014-08-22 20:54
  • XMIc

I love galaxy s5..

• 2014-08-22 20:30
  • U@bE
Total of 415 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy S5 (octa-core).