Samsung Galaxy S5 (octa-core) - user opinions and reviews

5.7
6.0
6.0

Hi guys,
I'm using this phone for past one month. I am not facing any problem. I guess the heating issue that users feel are mainly because of the thin back cover. If u use the s view cover then you won't feel it, as s view cover is bulky. Heating doesn't affect the performance that much so I think this is a possible solution. Some users said that phone wobbles while hearing the songs through speaker, this is because of the tight rubber gasket that surrounds the cover water proofing; samsung have mentioned in this in the papers that come with the box, please have a look at that.

I am very happy to have bought this phone, I bought this after using iPhone 4s and moto g. Even though the previous phones are very good, I like this better for the sleek design, performance andata especially the camera !

• 2014-10-01 10:25
  • Hkt}

> In reply to FidoDude @ 2014-09-24 03:53 from Ydg} - click to readIts not download boster SMG 900H

• 2014-09-28 09:45
  • rA}c

> In reply to Shuvashis @ 2014-09-19 10:10 from X{XI - click to readit's water resistant not water proof. Big difference there.

• 2014-09-24 03:53
  • Ydg}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-11 10:39 from vL5A - click to readdoes the S5 Battery come for 1.5 days

• 2014-09-21 12:56
  • vG0%

> In reply to Shuvashis @ 2014-09-19 10:10 from X{XI - click to readdoes the s5 hang a lot

• 2014-09-21 12:51
  • vG0%

i just gonna hit Samsung to their ***. They sell it saying water resistant and it can survive under 1m for 30 minute. But my phone got damaged after immersion under 2 feet for 3 second. **** off Samsung. Now i regret i should go with Sony Z2.

• 2014-09-19 10:10
  • X{XI

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-11 10:39 from vL5A - click to readwhere this "system updates" ? i have the same problem but i can't solve it

• 2014-09-17 04:14
  • Nk1Q

> In reply to crazyboys_tp @ 2014-08-24 19:12 from utb6 - click to readSame here used this all expansive phones my s5 also heatup alot .....and not got update after 4.4.2

• 2014-09-16 08:01
  • uWGJ

> In reply to prince JD @ 2014-08-23 02:49 from rJvj - click to readUltra saving mode is Black & White.In this mode battery goes around 10 days. But this mode is not lucrative for power users.In ultra saving mode performance is reduced for saving battery life.

• 2014-09-15 21:00
  • 2W5y

> In reply to yadavlalit55t @ 2014-08-23 17:45 from utvJ - click to readYou can get OTG cable from mobile spare parts reseller stores. Its nothing but micro USB cable.

• 2014-09-15 20:57
  • 2W5y

nice phone

• 2014-09-15 00:03
  • vx6d

ATTENTION PLS, BATTERY PROBLEM SOLVED. I bought my S5 exynos version at Yangon, Myanmar with $575 price two weeks ago. Love at first sight. Beautiful. Sleep with my new lovely S5 that night with 100% fully charged. On the morning, Oh my Godddddddddd...the battery show only 40% with no wifi or data on, killed all apps before sleep. What the hell is going on with my new babe?. I wish I go and give it back to the shop at once. Again fully charged and try to make sure it with data on and view some videos, surf for an hour.. and again the battery drains drastically fast to 30%. Jesus...what should I do. Luckily I remember something and go into system settings and looks for system updates. Oh...there is an update available around 200MB exactly 197MB. Hope this is my last bullet and download it and make auto update. Power on again...and tried it..Hooooyayyyyyy the battery lasts three times longer than before...Thz Godddddddddddd.. That night I leave it with 100% fully charged and prayed before sleep. Morning..Oh to my astonishment.. it still shows 94%. Done. Problem solved. Sure thanks to that update. Now I'm very fully happy with my beautiful babe. WANT TO TELL YOU ALL GUYS TO UPDATE YOUR S5 AND ALL PROBLEMS WILL BE SOLVED. Thanks for reading my long comments.

• 2014-09-11 10:39
  • vL5A

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-25 05:15 from mCsK - click to readHi i m also using this phone for past 1 month it do heats a lot and 3.5 days battery life is nothing but just an overjoyed comment, my phone has hardly ever lasted for a day unless i dont use it.

• 2014-09-09 21:24
  • 7qEI

> In reply to KS @ 2014-09-02 15:44 from PIqN - click to readI have this phone
It's good but I have a over hitting problem with this product

• 2014-09-09 12:33
  • t1$D

[Q] One-Handed Operation does not work Galaxy S5 g900h

I am unable to get One-Handed operation to work. I have it turned on in settings and have performed the swips in the instructions. Anyone know whats wrong?

• 2014-09-06 16:52
  • bCq{

> In reply to pappu @ 2014-08-28 17:20 from bCq{ - click to readMy same problems

• 2014-09-06 16:45
  • bCq{

> In reply to Swarajbd @ 2014-09-05 21:49 from K2II - click to readSamsung all ways cheat with us. Octa has no LTE but they not announce this like others... cheater company

• 2014-09-05 21:55
  • K2II

my one same problem. I also used it about 2 month like u. Have any solution in this time plz share wit me. Is our product is fake or not?

I am using SM G900H for last 2 months.
s5 user help me
1.air browse sensor
2 one handed operation .
3 private mode.
4 smart pause
is not working and how to work pls

• 2014-09-05 21:49
  • K2II

> In reply to tuwa @ 2014-08-29 20:19 from fuNc - click to readroot your device and install volume+ v1.8.1.0 google it.

• 2014-09-04 16:29
  • the}

Hi, I'm a user of S5 octa for 1 month.
I'll give you my pros and cons
Pros:
1. Amazing screen, with choice of saturation mode
2. Solid build quality, for large handed person its possible for one hand operation
3. Great camera, especially in macro
4. Great battery life, around 1-1,5 days of moderate usage (no hardcore gaming, always connected to wifi-no mobile data), with Ultra saving battery drops 2% every 8 hours
5. Water resistant, give you peace of mind
6. fingerprint scanner is accurate, but need 2 hands to operate it properly

Cons:
1. Same design, impossible to distinguish from other samsung phones (personally LG G3 has the best design)
2. No OIS means sometimes blurry shots
3. heats up when used to play for 10-15 minutes, also while charging (never get more than 40C though,according to gsam battery monitor)
4. Flimsy usb port cover, needs extra care while removing it (thankfully mine is still good)
5. Some stuttering in interface, and ram usage is heavy (never below 1,3 gb out of 1,75 without opening any apps)

Im sorry for this long review, I just want to help people make the right decision, as gsmarena and people like you have helped me in my decision making

• 2014-09-02 15:44
  • PIqN
Total of 434 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy S5 (octa-core).