Yo! Could anyone please tell me the model number of the snapdragon octa core version of the s5, I want to download roms onto it. I know the Exynois version is SM-G900H but I can't find the model number of the other anywhere. Also, the battery is draining from full to 0 with everything off just amx screen brightness in about an hour. I don't think thats normal, hence the search for another rom.
Somebody can tell me why here says exynos 5422 are A15 Quad 1.9 GHz/Cortex™-A7 Quad 1.3GHz but in samsung web says A15 Quad 2.1GHz/Cortex™-A7 Quad 1.5GHz
s5, 04 Jun 2014What is the charging time of s5 from 0% to 100% ???All Phones will Charge must faster in Air Plane Mode. So when you need to go out and you notice the phone is low. Quick Charged it by turning on Air Plane Mode charges much quicker.
Omg I cant find a real vs test between the octa and quad variant!!! I bought the Galaxy s4 octacore (i9500) and it was a mess the first months, the camara would reboot the phone, it stuttered no matter what and heat up like an iron. another bad thing is that a lot of apps were not optimized for it, still today ebay crashed when I try to share a link and the snapdragon doesn't.
now all this kept me from buying the Galaxy S5 octa and I went for the snapdragon but now im worried the octa will perform smoother, have a better audio amp, faster ram, faster updates, better battery life, no bloatware and on top support uhs-1 full speed micro sd cards :( :(
has some one had a vs speed test (real life) and micro sd tests?
Hello everyone.. Please can help me, I upgraded the camera and now at the screen show : Unfortunately, Camera has stopped. Please tell me how to fix. Thnx a lot
i dont care if the phone is heating or not . i care if the phone is heating the stability of cpu remains strong or not some times the phone turns slow in opening apps (s5) when uts degree becomes 40 of course u agree but stil fine s4 speed in oponing subwAy surf at 33 degree celcius is same as s5 oponing at 39 degree thats mean s5 is more powerfl than s4 but the prpblem is why s5 get heated quickly is samsung will fix this by updates ?
Some more advantages of Galaxy S5 Exynos 5422 Octa Core over Galaxy S5 Snapdragon 801
1. Galaxy S5 Exynos has 133 MHz higher ram speed than the Snapdragon variant(800 MHz vs 933 MHz).
2. Exynos powered Galaxy S5 is more power efficient, as during low work load it can only use its Little cores to save battery juice, Snapdragon variant does not have that option.
3. Another advantage of Exynos Variant is that Exynos Octa supports full UHS-I speed. That means it supports SD card (micro SDXC UHS-I Pro Class 10 cards) Read speed up to 70 MBps and Write speed up to 20 MBps.
4. Exynos 5422 has the capability to supports hardware-assisted visualization, Snapdragon 801 does not have this.
But if you need 4G LTE, you may forget everything discussed above and go for Galaxy S5 Snapdragon variant as Exynos variant does not come with LTE support.
I am using S5 (Indian version) more than one months and thought to share my experience with this Flagship….
1. Best display till date… very good for reading books or almost anything
2. Battery life is cool almost 12-18 hrs with 3G data/wifi on, 10-20 min calls, 15-30 min gaming and 1-2 hrs songs playback power saver not enable, brightness set auto. Ultra power saver mode is great… and very useful for such phones.
3. Camera is good overall in low light also but no optical image stabilizer.
1. Heating… Every now then I can feel the heat in my pocket, even the phone is idle mode and still I can feel the heat in screen and the back cover. Even in ultra-power saving mode phone is overheating when taking. After playing a 5-10 min game also the heating issue is there.
2. The Gestures and Smart Pause is not working some time for video play back using the default video player.
3. Finger print sensor is not accurate… 60% success rate (100% in iPhone 5S).
4. Lots of Glitch in Apps menu and several apps like Facebook (automatically closing some time, may problem with the app but not sure), whatsapp and popular games like Temple Run, Subway Surfer, Asphalt 8 and many more (tried with may games).
5. When I am receiving a call by swiping Green circle, no visual feedback or animation is there (there are some animation in other Android phone of Samsung).
6. Few other issues which I am not able to write as I am unable to express that problems……
I have visited two service centre in my location and also consulted with Samsung online support but no solution provided… Service center technicians are trying to teach me how to use an Android phone… like not using much applications close the open apps if they are many…. Or there may be problems with third part apps or data I am using in my phone… even memory card…..
This is not a flagship product, having several bugs in UI, stabilization, heating and many more (heard form a trusted source)… I have wasted my money on this… don’t trust the ads.. read more hands on reviews before you buy any such flagship device…
Other options: Sony Xperia Z1 or Z2, HTC one M8 and or you can wait for Nexus 6 even iPhone 6 (with enhanced iOS 8 feature)... best of luck.
Anonymous, 30 May 2014hey can anyone please tell me about the issues with this phone (octacore version) ? because i ... moreNote 3 is an awesome phone so whoever told you they are probably wrong or you are just biased.. I ve note 3 and take dis it still have no lags watsoever.. and battery is amazing.it has 3gb ram and u expect it to hang? Wen s5 has 2gb of it..
darkgamer, 27 May 2014Yes, in some scenarios. For example, the octa core is more powerful and faster than snapdragon... moreThanks for your response bro...don't know why everyone is giving it bad reviews
s5, 04 Jun 2014What is the charging time of s5 from 0% to 100% ???2 Hours exactly.
plz anyone help me,I want to buy a smart phone which should have long battery life,3g video call directly/skype,clear picture,awesome sound quality both in call volume & music volume & ofcourse without any hang prblm...is s5 octa suitable for me or xperia z suits me most?is s4 suitable for me?