Ok, I hear from a lot of people that Samsung puts apps/features in their devices which are not worthy enough or in a word, gimmicks. Lemme give some examples why I chose the S8 over many other flagships in the market.
1. Almost all the flagships have AOD. But how many of them don't waste the battery when your phone is inside your pocket or faced down? S8 don't display it when it senses it's inside the pocket.
2. Curved screen has edges and Samsung put edge screen there. Those who never used it will not understand the useability. I don't go inside app menu now a days. It's easy, it's unique and makes people jealous.
3. Samsung is the only manufacturer who provides security like Knox (Secured Folder). You can have your office and home separated now.
4. Most of you guys may say heartrate sensor is a gimmick. But since my Note4, I became more active as I could see my steps and heartrate and that inspired me to workout more.
5. Most of the people always complain about Samsung putting same app twice. But to tell you the truth, I love Samsung Gallery more than Google Photo and it gives me options to edit and do more without another app. Same with the music player and other clone apps. Samsung apps seem to run smoothly on Galaxy devices (the same reason iPhone runs smooth with it's native apps).
6. Samsung always innovates with their things. Yes, it's true that the first time it seems waste, but over the years I find them improving and improvising. Look at edge screen for example. It was nothing when.launched. Now it has definite ease of use. Bixby is waste of space now. But I can assure you it will be amazing in the future. I'll write on Bixby sometime, if I get some time.
I'm not saying other manufacturers are worse. It's just Samsung flagships are worth giving a shot against other flagships. And when you have it, it grows into you. I have used other flagship devices, but after a while it loses it's charms. I don't feel that in Galaxy flagships. Don't even think of buying Samsung midrange devices - they are crap. But with flagship devices (new or old) you will sure discover new things every day.
Take care. Ciao...
nikhilpatelj, 09 Jun 2017To be honest. I don't think new phones will be coming out with an IR blaster anymore as it tak... moreIR Blaster is not good, more people will use Cast or Mirror-link and it have better support to more devices for completeness of vision.
Shahin Sam, 09 Jun 2017Oky all fine but memory only 64GB???? I think it should be 128GB....Duude. Ever hear of expandable memory...?
CHA, 09 Jun 2017BATTERY :) Hello! Been using S8 for three weeks now. (former Huawei P8) Very much satisfied... moreIs it the S8 fingerprint a place to press. Is it really hard to press by using your left hand fore-finger. Do you miss press the camera lens when you want to press the fingerprint sometimes.
I'm using s8+ for last one month but it's strange that several scratches appears on display after 15 days of use .Simonteniously I am using note 5. Note 5 display is till showing its beauty after 1yrs frequent use
Anonymous, 05 Jun 2017iPhone 7 definitely. S8 is problematic. Lots of bugs and hardware defects. iPhone 7 is flawless.Don't listen to a iPhone user they always say iphone is flawless. Flawless means fraction of a Second you are not gonna win a lottery by using a iPhone. Bit using an Android you can have lot of features and customization. Anroid lag fraction of second because it is a heavy os with full of features
No infrared..., 08 Jun 2017Will not see my money. It should have brought the IR blaster back. To be honest. I don't think new phones will be coming out with an IR blaster anymore as it takes up quite some space and the phone companies are trying to make their devices as thin as possible. I agree that it was a useful feature for some of us but it was a very small amount of people who actually used it. Therefore it's hard to know whether it will make a comeback or not
mr.P, 08 Jun 2017does anyone know if the s8 dual sim support wi-fi calling Yes it does
Hello! Been using S8 for three weeks now. (former Huawei P8) Very much satisfied with everything but the first week was kinda disappointing because of the battery performance. I joined the S8/+ users group on facebook and from there I saw they're using this Greenify app to clean/hibernate unused apps. Now I got 19hrs on battery and 6hrs SOT-without any power saving mode on. Im not a heavy user, just a normal gamer, social media apps and spotify. Mobile data is turned on the whole day. Camera is super saturated at times but overall its the one of the best in the market right now. UI is good; I admit im not a fan of the old Samsung phone's UI but S8's more than good. Performance is superb!! No lags experienced (hopefully none at all). Im still exploring everything S8 has to offer since I only returned to Samsung now haha. Hope this helps everyone who's disappointed with the battery performance!
No infrared..., 08 Jun 2017Will not see my money. It should have brought the IR blaster back. The world has moved on............. infra red SOooooo last year. Get with the times man.
No infrared..., 08 Jun 2017Will not see my money. It should have brought the IR blaster back. Lol what is the purpose of the remote then?
Oky all fine but memory only 64GB???? I think it should be 128GB....
Will not see my money. It should have brought the IR blaster back.
subesareta, 08 Jun 2017I bet anything you haven't even tried the S8. Yes, in the past what you said was true. But Sam... moreMy friend samsung have many bloatware but you cannot disappoint with his new touchwiz that run buttery smooth
Checked camera in the store 1020 image still got more details than the Samsungs S8
Kastros, 08 Jun 2017I did not realize this but Verizon sold me an Unlocked phone the SM-950U and yes this model do... moreNope. I have gone through the net for last few hours and didn't find anything about FM chip enabled S8/S8+ in the world.
Go to gsmarena and in S8's specification page, click on your model number (G950U in your case). You will see that the things that are different in your model are marked with pink on the right. Go down and you will see that beside the Radio there is written "No", instead of "Yes".
Now-a-days people don't use radio as it needs to use handsfree cable as antennas (in-built antennas don't work a lot of the times and they throw hiss noise if the angle is not perfect) and people moved toward wireless handsfree than wired handsfree. So the manufacturers have stopped putting FM radios inside.
But if you really have FM chip activated inside, you should be worried that someone cheated you with a clone model. Because Chinese clones have more than what the real phones tends to have. And model numbers are just an entry, very much do-able with software.
Hope you have NOT been cheated with a clone. Take care. Ciao...