Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.0
7.0
6.9

> In reply to osayuki nosa @ 2014-04-18 20:11 from fuN1 - click to readsame case with me bro i am pakistani out of country

i think no to both our countries

i hope it helped thanks

• 2014-06-01 12:17
  • gyhX

systm

• 2014-05-09 22:01
  • mDfP

> In reply to ellie @ 2013-05-06 04:11 from 4ybh - click to readI have the same issue like you. Did you fix it?

• 2014-04-24 22:42
  • 0aLI

> In reply to matt @ 2014-01-23 22:15 from fsV9 - click to readplease sir i want to know if this phone cdma can work in Nigeria actually i have one

• 2014-04-18 20:11
  • fuN1

As the previous user said, this is a CDMA phone. It doesn't have a slot for a SIM card. I own this phone running on Ting mobile. Great service without paying too much.

• 2014-02-11 05:40
  • 4bSg

> In reply to matt @ 2014-01-23 22:15 from fsV9 - click to readNo. This is the Sprint model and does not have a slot for SIM card. No GSM.

• 2014-01-26 03:49
  • iVhw

Can dis fone accept a nigerian sim ?? And also we have a constant 3g reception here so am I good to buy it ?

• 2014-01-23 22:15
  • fsV9

This phone is what it's called. EPIC. I bought it for only $149 on sale at RadioShack. I have Virgin Mobile, no contract, pay $50 a month for the unlimited data, text & web Sprint Network (via Virgin Mobile), including insurance for if my phone breaks OR IS LOST!!!! THIS PHONE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• 2013-12-01 02:28
  • ImTr

> In reply to rm_xoxo @ 2013-07-03 04:30 from jMx7 - click to readYes, connect it to Samsung kies on your pc and click upgrade firmware to get 4.1.2. If you don't know how to do that, go to best buy and there is a Samsung department that will do it for you.
It's well worth it because ics sucks in comparison to jellybean on the s2. You will live this phone do much more once you upgrade.
Good luck!

• 2013-11-01 03:45
  • jBu4

Prior to this phone I had the galaxy rush (m830). I received as a gift the galaxy Epic™ 4g touch. I want satisfied and I couldn't figure out why. I considered maybe because I went from jelly bean tip ice cream sandwich but I want sure it would make that big of a difference.
So I hooked it up to kies and upgraded the firmware to 4.1.2 jelly bean. Now I absolutely love this phone. Ihavemessed with the s3 but I like this better.
One big problem was the battery burns down like a firecracker wick. Today I received in the mail and extended battery. More I have the perfect phone. I don't see any reason to upgrade in the near future.
For those of you who don't know how to use kies youcanupgrade to jelly bean by going to best buy and hoping to the Samsung department. This may be the best phone icI've used. There is one major problem. There isn't any 4g towers in my area I guess.
But maybe I'm doing some thing wrong. Because it shows the 4g with the flashing arrows and I get all bars but it doesn't work. I'm not familiar with 4g can someone explain? I have wimax.
A couple of recommendations for this phone.
Use nova launcher prime
Download TubeMate from tubemate.net
Use Maxthon browser
Use SanDisk memory zone to help manage your data and cloud services
Use mx player pro for your videos. It plays everything.
One question:
Does anyone know if there is cables that can attach from this phone to a tv (rca cables) and watch movies from my phone? Any advice greatly appreciated

• 2013-11-01 03:42
  • jBu4

> In reply to shail bunny rox @ 2013-09-17 10:38 from U$kx - click to readyou must change your rom

• 2013-10-26 11:37
  • mDfP

it works if your provider supports CDMA.

• 2013-10-17 12:14
  • LdDc
  • mobility.engineers.2
  • Rating0

> In reply to ralph @ 2013-08-03 13:52 from t7CP - click to readNo won't work in the Philippines as network modem is setup for CDMA and not GSM (and not like the LG Optimus LTE LU6200 which also has CDMA modem but could connect to Smart n Globe asit has Sims card slot) . The S2 Epic does not have a SIM slot

The 4G is WiMax at 2.5Ghz (Sprint/Clearwire) so also likely wouldn't operate in any wimax there. Hope this helps.

• 2013-09-29 23:26
  • kAnJ

why my get switch off whenever i turn on my bluetooth connection and this is happening from last 6 days...?i like my phone too much but problem is my phone is getting off whenever turn on the bluetooth...?

• 2013-09-17 10:38
  • U$kx

does it work in the philippines??

• 2013-08-03 13:52
  • t7CP

Does it work in the U.K

• 2013-07-29 20:36
  • 32@W

> In reply to rm_xoxo @ 2013-07-03 04:30 from jMx7 - click to readYes. Google it.

• 2013-07-08 03:19
  • Yg$i

where is this mobile?

• 2013-07-05 04:30
  • t}J{

> In reply to dez @ 2013-06-20 00:20 from jBuF - click to readCould u upgrade this to jellybean android version or not??

• 2013-07-03 04:30
  • jMx7
Total of 133 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.