Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.1
7.0
7.0

please help me to resolve

• 2014-01-11 01:47
  • s%{w

Please do not flash any file which you are not sure about.
Please don't hold me responsible for any unpredictable situation.

You cannot flash a custom ROM while you are on stock recovery, thatís why you need to flash ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM-Recovery)

I find two methods for flashing.

You can use Odin to flash Custom ROMís and ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM-Recovery)

When to use Odin ?
Whenever you have a [ROM / Recovery] with .md5 extension you will flash it through Odin

When to use CWM-Recovery ?
If you have a [ROM / Recovery / Patch / Update] with a .zip extension you will flash it through CWM-Recovery.

In both the above cases the developer will mention how to flash.

Wire Brush means you have to flash through Odin.
The file you download will be in .md5.
when you will extract the .rar file you will find .md5 in it.

Card Brush means you have to flash through ClockworkMod Recovery.
The file you download will be with a zip extension, there will be folders and files in it, for example. [META-INF, system, boot.img etc]
No need to extract the zip, you will have to provide path of the zip in CWM-Recovery.

How to Boot to Download Mode/ coal mining mode (Only for Odin)
1. Hold down [volume down] + [home button] + [power button] (you will see a Yellow Triangle)
2. Press [Volume up] to enter coal mining mode/download mode
3. Open Odin
4. Connect USB cable
5. Windows will take a while to download drivers for download mode
6. ID:COM box will be highlighted
If you do not to intend to proceed in download mode then you have to simply pull out the battery, phone will reboot as usual.

How to Boot to Recovery
1. [Volume up] and [Volume Down] and [Power]
2. As soon as you see "Samsung" appear! release the Power Button ONLY
3. Continue holding the Volume Buttons until you enter CWM Recovery

There are apps in market which will help you reboot to [recovery / download mode / reboot / etc]

Flashing when you are on stock ROM

1. Download CWM-Recovery and ROM of your choice
2. Copy ROM to your device Internal Storage or SD-Card (in case of a .zip file)

Flashing Recovery
CWM-Recovery is a replacement of stock recovery, it includes Nandroid backup, adb shell, advanced update.zip options and file browser for flashing custom Romís and do a lot more.
There are a few different ways to flash recovery.
Itís better to find md5 recovery as I have one for my E120S (e120s.recovery.tar.md5), so I flash it straight from Odin when I was on stock ROM.
I remember once I had a Touch Recovery.img file (page 110 by Socim) and I had to install it through Terminal Emulator and I was on Stock ROM ICS 4.0.4 through Kies, it did not let me run any scripts, might be because I did not have root access. But this method worked for me when I had root access in stock Gingerbread ROM, (thanks Socim).

Flashing Recovery.md5 file through Odin takes less than a minute. (around 8 MB file)

Flash ROM or CWM-Recovery Through Odin.

1. Reboot to download mode
2. Connect USB cable (Windows will take a while to download drivers in download mode)
3. Open Odin, (ID:COM box will be yellow and show 0:[COM..] if drivers are successful)
4. Select PDA and browse for .md5 file
5. Click start
6. Odin will show progress and will display Pass when done and will reset device

You can find a lot of Screen Shots for Odin if you google

Flashing Custom ROM of your choice
1. After flashing CWM-Recovery, reboot to CWM-Recovery
2. wipe data / reset
3. wipe cache partition
4. Choose "Install zip from sd"
5. Internal memory or external (sdcard) (where you have saved your ROM)
6. Some people say to wipe data again

• 2013-12-26 18:52
  • MVIN

gud phone butt sms problem there

• 2013-12-21 19:53
  • 6PFx

> In reply to user @ 2013-12-16 06:05 from 2WY8 - click to readThe issue of incoming calls failure is typical when a phone designed for internal Korean usage ONLY (where is NO 2G/GSM) swithes to its 2G/GSM module ONLY (this, in turn, happens either in poor coverage area where 3G is not available anymore OR when you decide to switch 3G / Data connection OFF manually to avoid any internet traffic related costs). Outdated firmware often worsens the trouble. Thus, any unstable GSM/2G modules CANNOT be found unusable by 99% of Koreans till they will be forced to use 2G/GSM module on international roaming (somewhere abroad on the brink of the cellular network coverage)!
The best options for your case might be:
1) try to avoid swithing 3G/4G off forcely (if you do)
2) update your firmware if outdated (any lower than 4.0.4)

• 2013-12-21 15:38
  • m5L4

> In reply to Jedi @ 2013-12-04 10:10 from P%uR - click to readhow to turn off camera sound in galaxy s2 hd e120s? Plz help meee

• 2013-12-21 12:44
  • s%{m

me too have korean version of S2 hd lte (SHV-E120S) with android 2.3.6 installed

can this model be upgraded your mobile to official 4.1.2 update?

I am facing problems in this models as below:

1) I am not able to make a call to a number from Contact/Call Log which contains country code eg.+91 for india. all incoming/missed calls are recorded in log with country code only.So i am not able to call them back with message showing 'international call is restricted'. I tried my best, searching all options in phone. no use. Pls.help me to how to make call with country code?

2) Messages (SMS) are received without caller id. ie. sender name is shown as 'no caller ID" in message ibox, eventhough sender is in contact. being this, could not able to reply those messages. ie.reply button is disabled. how to rectify this?

pls.help resolving these issues

k.malarks@gmail.com

thanks

• 2013-12-20 01:16
  • 2SNA

can someone tell me S2 hd lte (SHV-E120) is an international version or not???

• 2013-12-19 19:10
  • X}tQ

i have that call failure problem.turn on air plane mode.and quickly go to network menu.now you can see settings>more settings>mobile networks>T roaming>Network settings>GSM/GPRS only.turn on that.now your problem will solve.then change it toautomatic.

• 2013-12-18 12:16
  • w9JY

hi galaxy s2hd is great for me it halp me everything

• 2013-12-17 01:31
  • PBTX

Hii... i have bought S2 HD from korea.. for few days it worked fine but now i am facing problem with its call feature.. whenever there is an incoming call or outgoing call no sound is heard from the other end.. it takes me 2-3 times to do a single call so that the other person can hear me... plzz help me if there is any solution to this problem..

Thanx in advance.

• 2013-12-16 06:05
  • 2WY8

hello..i have a big problem on my phone (samsung galaxy S II hd lte) when i Open My camera then my phone restart automatically. What can i do now....

• 2013-12-12 06:39
  • K6mw

> In reply to Chicks @ 2013-11-28 14:20 from 2SFX - click to readuse go sms for sms problem

• 2013-12-11 12:00
  • w9JH

go to this http://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=2354177 and install the latest version (V1.7)... all the problems including 80 charcters in sms, no caller id, Network menu (GSM/WCDMA), camera sound and lots of others will be solved. its like you're using S3 LTE... just follow the steps in installing.

*this is for SHV-120L only... check your device model number first.

• 2013-12-04 10:10
  • P%uR

> In reply to Zahid @ 2013-11-01 22:17 from u4gB - click to readJust download GO SMS Pro. It can help you with your SMS problem.

• 2013-12-02 15:28
  • PAWr

hello..i have a big problem on my phone (samsung galaxy S II hd lte) when i shutt down my phone i cant no longer turn it on.. i am based in the philippines and my phone was came from Korea. please help me how my phone will open..thank you in advance.

• 2013-11-30 05:48
  • thYd

hey, I m using samsung shv e 120s having os android 4.0.4 and kernel version 3.0.8-1134414, i want to upgrade the os and also having problems of sms limit of 80 character. any body has solution?

• 2013-11-28 14:20
  • 2SFX

Is their any plan for kit kat update on s2 hd lte

• 2013-11-25 16:57
  • vQ{j

Hey can u please help me how to root this phone? Svh-e120s ice cream sandwich.. Thanks

• 2013-11-25 02:54
  • v0qT

> In reply to ahsangoshi1 @ 2013-11-18 09:40 from t@FV - click to readsamsung galaxy sII HD is the best phone , compared to sII

• 2013-11-22 11:33
  • vbx8
Total of 1178 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE.