Samsung Galaxy S II I777 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.0
6.9
6.9

ok i have a problem about the battery. Even if i charged this phone for more than 5 hours it wont even keep up for 3 hours. if i am not using the phone at all it will be awake for 4 hours. this happens lately, and now when i charged my phone sometimes a bug appears saying that battery voltage too high, charging paused.
this isnt the fun part, if i have 50% battery then suddenly the phone performance gets low. then it shutdown and when i restart it my battery will be in 1%.
I used many apk software including battery doctor, sure it erased all my background apps, but its not working for me if this happening.
So anybody know how to solve this, please help

• 2014-03-07 06:19
  • YUfB

Hi guys, just letting you know that 4.4.2 kit kat is avaiable through Omni Rom Developers. Go to galaxy s2 root.com or XDA developers to see how to do it. So far i am enjoying all the great features of Android 4.4.2 kitkat on my i777. Its much speedier and cleaner looking than the stock samsung jellybean 4.1.2 from AT&T.

• 2014-03-05 19:08
  • 4mA4

I wonder how many people still use the s2 i777, I have had mine for three years now and I have switched the launchers and other cool stuff...

• 2014-02-26 00:12
  • qJxv

> In reply to jd @ 2013-12-22 11:21 from 6PD7 - click to readtry reinstalling the rom using odin. download the official jellybean 4.1.2 and flash it with odin. google it you'll find the instructions.

• 2014-02-22 11:00
  • KcP2

> In reply to nana kwaku @ 2014-02-01 14:42 from fuvx - click to readgo to xda forums and read and root and flash your s2 with shostock3 custom rom and purchase the app galaxim unlock to unlock your network.

• 2014-02-07 03:13
  • Kg%U

Plss am using s2i777 and baseband version has disapear hw can i can do it cox it has affect my network and is not workn at all so plss help to do it cox I like the fone is very fast

• 2014-02-01 14:42
  • fuvx

how do I increase battery life on my Samsung i777, I can only use it for up to 4 hours before it discharges, any ideas ?

• 2014-01-18 06:04
  • LFE2

> In reply to cutter55 @ 2014-01-03 14:07 from 0aIW - click to readI replaced the charger port and got an OEM battery and it works perfect now. Not sure which one did the trick but if I had my guess it probably was replacing the charger port.

• 2014-01-14 15:14
  • 0aIW

> In reply to cutter55 @ 2014-01-03 14:07 from 0aIW - click to readI replaced the charger port and got a new battery for it and it works perfect now. Not sure which one did the trick but everything is fine

• 2014-01-14 15:10
  • 0aIW

> In reply to rowland @ 2013-09-08 03:12 from N9@T - click to readMine was doing the same thing. I spent some time chatting with Samsung and it turns out that after they checked everything, the phone needed service and the charging port need replacing. It's pretty simple to replace the port, if you're handy working with cell phones.
You can buy the port on eBay for about seven dollars and you can find out how to do it on YouTube. Hope this helps! Cutter

• 2014-01-03 14:07
  • 0aIW

> In reply to jd @ 2013-12-22 11:21 from 6PD7 - click to readuse tooth pick to put under the USB connector and push it up carefully then try and tell me

• 2014-01-02 14:14
  • NhJM

I have the problem that my galaxy 2 automatically turns it self on after I shut it down. When I take out the battery, and put it in again, it also turns it self on. Thus, the only way for me to shut down the phone is to take out the battery. I've the latest android update.

Can anyone help me on this?

• 2013-12-22 11:26
  • 6PD7

When I turn off my Samsung S2 it automatically turns back on. Removing and replacing the battery does not help.
I have tried to do a factory reset, wipe cache and even clean the usb port. What else could be the problem?

• 2013-12-22 11:21
  • 6PD7

To update to latest version of Jelly Bean (4.1.2), download and install Samsung Kies. Open Kies, attach phone with mini USB cable. Kies should detect the phone and recognize an update is needed. Follow screen directions to update phone. Make sure the phone is fully charged before doing this.

• 2013-11-25 23:44
  • sakI

it can be udated to jelly bean 4.1.2 .u can update it from kies.or ucan search keyboard official latest fireware for sgh i777 in Google search. I will get brief instruction plus file to update..but this process will flash ur phobe so be careful.

• 2013-11-17 06:04
  • uvUd

> In reply to hitusuga @ 2013-10-31 09:13 from YUfB - click to readI upgraded mine to 4.1.2 via Kies.

• 2013-11-10 05:53
  • 8Yc1

> In reply to ludabe @ 2013-10-28 02:24 from 8xqZ - click to readHey this phone cant be updated right?
Mine is android 4.0.1 and i dont have a clue how to update! When i went to phone setting and i have tried to update but there was a bug telling me that there is no update available! If yuh guys know how to update SGH I777 ! PLX LET ME KNOW :)

• 2013-10-31 09:13

• 2013-10-31 09:11
  • YUfB

it can't be updatable to JB 4.3 or 4.1 at least ??? Helps !!!

• 2013-10-28 02:24
  • 8xqZ

This phone rocks! There is many reason am telling that because its battery life is awesome! even if i play music for 6 hrs with battery full the phone battery wont even get low! and even when watching a movie 2 :) but i have to admit that playing games drain the battery very fast! i guess every other phone have that problem right :/ and also when i fist buy this phone the phone get heat - up if you are playing an application @ version 4 and above. but now am not facing that problem. guess am lucky ^_^ overall this phone is easy to handle, light, user friendly, have a high processing speed. also you can install many android application for it to be more creative for you and your friends :)

• 2013-10-11 14:53
  • YUfB
Total of 198 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy S II I777.