Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

1968260

7.2

can we update to latest android version in INDIA after unlocking it here.
plzz reply me

• 2012-01-08 08:13
  • utrk

I have concluded that this phone does not have Gorilla Glass. The Corning site advertises that the SGS2 has it but not the Skyrocket. Check out my video of a scratch test I did.

• 2012-01-03 13:10
  • It77

super

• 2012-01-02 12:47
  • YUjn

> In reply to stupid ppl @ 2011-12-15 08:01 from YYgs - click to readLTE-From Elgin (25miles outside Austin) on a sketchy
2 bars. Full service results in 45 down 17 up. Hate all you want, 3G can't touch that.
Test Date: Dec 31, 2011 11:16:00 am
Connection Type: Lte
Server: Austin, TX
Download: 13.31 Mbps
Upload: 5.37 Mbps
Ping: 63 ms

• 2011-12-31 18:25
  • FFhe

Woow what a BAD PHONE!! I sold my regular S2 to get this, biggest mistake of my life. 2 dropped calls in 3 days, ZERO with regular S2 in 4 months. GPS couldnt navigate me. Locked my phone with Google maps open, unlocked it, then tried to zoom in, phone zooms out....what the heck?? Phone keeps freezing on me. Im selling this phone and getting my old S2 back, dont waste your money. I read bad reviews on this phone, but still went and gave it a shot, once again, biggest mistake! Dont believe me? Try it yourself and see

• 2011-12-31 01:40
  • q{Uh

no radio, ugghhh.

• 2011-12-30 17:28
  • Mc8K

its true theres no extra cost for an lte phone vs a 3g phone. the only reason why peole say that is because if you have a limited data plan, an lte phone will reach the limit faster and then youll probably have to pay for the extra gbs. thats what was meant by higher bills.

• 2011-12-29 00:26
  • Pbeu

• 2011-12-29 00:25
  • Pbeu

> In reply to stupid ppl @ 2011-12-15 08:01 from YYgs - click to readJust thought I should let you know that having an LTE phone does not make your bill any more expensive than having a 3g phone.

• 2011-12-27 23:56
  • FFhe

when it's available in Indian market
i want to buy it.
please tell me.

• 2011-12-27 08:52
  • t}Fp

this is a great phone except for when your trying to listen to music on youtube because it buffers like every 2 seconds which makes it really hard to listen to music also the keyboard is way to small, but overall it's a great phone

• 2011-12-27 02:10
  • 4Y1W

Is it Samsung is ending the android in march..

• 2011-12-26 20:40
  • U{RD

Is this possible to use this phone with WIND mobile?

• 2011-12-22 00:34
  • 86c@

m.youtube.com/profile?gl=IN&hl=en-GB&cli­ent=mv-google&user=Zqosh
check this out

• 2011-12-21 16:11
  • uv96

> In reply to Marsel @ 2011-12-17 10:23 from 4Gd0 - click to readyour just jealous

• 2011-12-20 00:23
  • IsvH

I just purchased this phone after having the Blackberry Bold 9700 for two years, and then a short (1 week) stint with the iPhone 4s. I thought I would buy into the hype and move to Apple, but I had seen the Skyrocket and it had won me over in the end.

First, 4G LTE is no more expensive than any other data plan that you're required to have when buying a smartphone on a 2-year contract. The only difference on my data plans is AT&T had to switch it from Blackberry data, to their regular data, to the LTE data. I get 2G of data a month, and all forms of data cost me $25. LTE is undoubtedly going to spread to more cities pretty rapidly.

Second, the phone doesn't have huge benefits over it's regular S2 counterpart, but you do notice in in its screen size (which still has the same resolution) and in an LTE area. Not to mention you can get the Skyrocket in white, and the material is a little nicer, but I'm a woman so that's what I care about. Battery life is fine, I've had no problems with lag, and AT&T said that the Skyrocket will be getting the Ice Cream Sandwich OS update.

• 2011-12-19 15:09
  • qIGJ

Can anybody tell me what is the price of this device in India??? And please somebody suggest me a phone. please..

• 2011-12-19 12:42
  • uwVU

Ok i've been working with moblie phones for over 3 years now, The senation XL and XE started the 1.5Ghz but the XE is duel core which provides the better download speed but has no internal memory, the XL has internal memory but not duel core, this new SII Does both. althouh this phone is quite amazing in specks. not something ill go out and spend another $800 on for something stupid as speed.

• 2011-12-18 07:25
  • v6fY

> In reply to Ehtewesh @ 2011-12-16 15:40 from fwVa - click to readIf your referring to the Sensation XL/XE respectively this phone is about as good as the XE but better than the XL. Nicer than the XL, because it the XL carries a screen res of 800x480 while the original Sensation and the XE use qHD 960x540. While the Skyrocket has the same 800x480 res it also doesn't have a 4.7" screen so that pixel density on that large of a screen might not look as good. I'd say the XE might have a little better screen (clarity), and this would have better colors and thinner/better design and LTE 4G which is only in 5 cities/markets as of now. So between what's important to you LTE and thinner/ligther phone, or better screen res and maybe some better widgets/UI on the Sense 4.0 for the XE, make a decision.

• 2011-12-17 10:30
  • 4Gd0
Total of 387 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727.