Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 - user opinions and reviews

7.2
7.3
7.3

Urgent Advice guys

Skyrocket or i9100 galaxy?

• 2011-12-12 16:57

Urgent Advice guys

Skyrocket or i9100 galaxy?

• 2011-12-12 16:56

Urgent Advice guys

Skyrocket or i9100 galaxy ??

• 2011-12-12 16:55
  • Nv1V

> In reply to Xavior @ 2011-12-10 08:39 from qDku - click to readlove your post man. Phones are a personal thing. You get the one that is right for you. Correct in what you say, that most of the nuf nufs that comment here, probably don't own what they are reviewing anyway. Once again, nice review....

• 2011-12-11 09:07
  • vu85

Skyrocket Is a a Beast when it's in the right Territory, meaning in a LTE location.

• 2011-12-10 08:50
  • qDku

All you Skyrocket Haters Saying this n that and comparing SGS2 to SGS2S blaa blaa blaa1.2 here 1.5 there..... bla blaa...!I'm pretty sure most of you havn't even seen one in real life. Talking about YouTube reviews n Sht. STOP HATING! I own one and I live in LTE market (New York City). This thing Haul A$$ man. I did a freakin test 23MBPS DL 18MBPS UPLD...hell this thing is faster than my FIOS lol. Trust Me if you are living in a LTE market get this instead of the SGS2. thats the only diffence b/w these two phns. one support LTE (USA) and other DOES NOT. nuff said

• 2011-12-10 08:39
  • qDku

is the camera any good?

• 2011-12-09 00:30
  • thgw

What is visual calling??????

• 2011-12-08 21:09
  • vGFW

Does this smartphone works in Europe?

• 2011-12-06 15:19
  • m1W2

Samsung support says the Galaxy SII Skyrocket DOES NOT have gorilla glass

Dear John,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Samsung Skyrocket (SGH-I727) does not feature the Gorilla glass. However, we assure you that the all components of the phone passed the Samsung quality and is tested to withstand multiple different conditions. It also features the Super AMOLED™ Plus Technology that enables users to interact with a phone by touching images, words, or icons on the display.

Do you have more questions regarding your Samsung Mobile Phone? For 24 hour information and assistance, we offer our new FAQ/ARS System - Automated Response System at http://www.samsung.com/support .

It's like having your very own personal Samsung Technician at your fingertips.

We appreciate your continued interest in Samsung products.

Sincerely,

Charisse Technical Support

--------------------------------------------

Dear John,

Thank you for your inquiry. We apologize for the inconvenience regarding your phone. The Samsung Galaxy II does not feature the Gorilla glass. However, we assure you that the all components of the phone passed the Samsung quality and is tested to withstand multiple different conditions. It also features the Super AMOLED™ Plus Technology that enables users to interact with a phone by touching images, words, or icons on the display.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products. Have a good day.

Sincerely,

Jen

Technical Support

That being said, I did the pen test on mine, and it passed with flying colors. So either it's Gorilla Glass, or Samsung has some strong, no VERY strong, AMOLED Glass on this model.

Well glaas aside,I just wanted to talk about many features I enjoy. First was the immediate Upgrade from Android 2.3.2 to 2.3.6 that I was able to get, from phone updates> settings section. Someone mentioned the 217 vs 207 pxx, however the i727 has much better color then the other model. Also the AMOLED Technology, makes using this so much easier, then my previous phone (Streak 5) While, I do miss the screen real estate

• 2011-12-06 09:55
  • 49ky

> In reply to moler @ 2011-12-04 23:27 from snSy - click to readI think it's a US-only version. Because they have made multiple re-designs to appeal to the American market.

• 2011-12-06 02:21
  • AcHI

> In reply to apo @ 2011-12-03 16:09 from Y7c6 - click to readum yes it does have guerilla glass

• 2011-12-05 10:29
  • vCLv

Is it available in Europe or just USA?

• 2011-12-04 23:27
  • snSy

Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 vs Samsung Galaxy S II i9100

Skyrocket have more powerful on CPU(Dual-core 1.5 GHz Scorpion) but less 207 ppi pixel density than i9100 with Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9 and 217 ppi pixel density..

What should I buy ? thanks !

• 2011-12-03 19:01
  • qTrd

error, phone does not have gorilla glass

• 2011-12-03 16:09
  • Y7c6

> In reply to Jack Sparro @ 2011-11-30 07:31 from 45@v - click to readYES SIR...I too have owned iPhone and Blackberry...this is by far the best phone I've ever owned as well...

• 2011-12-02 01:00
  • jJtB

Actually Android 2.3.3 and Iphone 4 are great phones. They are very competitive. Iphone losses to those 4.3" Android phones. Btw, the Galaxy Notes here in SG are still very expensive because they always run out of stock lately. Keep it up Samsung and Android!!! I wonder what will be the out come of IceCreamSandwich. Hope it would be better.

• 2011-12-01 19:30
  • vjte

The update locked my Skyrocket into a continual 30 second reboot loop of death. Safe mode didn't work, nor did pulling the battery and SIM card. I went to the AT&T store, mostly to complain, because I knew they would just say, "Do a factory reset." There was another guy right in front of me with same problem.
www.androidfamily.net

• 2011-11-30 11:11
  • KIDx

Now, for every iphone lover, and every android lover, here i am, a 4 year old iphone user/ blackberry. I have finnaly purchased the samsung galaxy s2 lte in canada. and i can now finnaly say i know what all the hype is about. android DESTROYS iphone, it is unbeleivable, many people who critisize android only do because they never got there hands on one....

I am in shock/AMAZE.... this phone does...whatever you want it to, from live wallpapers, to direct google launch, to customizing how strong you want the vibrate to feel, to everything free in the droid market and SO MUCH MORE!

All i can say is, everyone, get the galaxy s2 1.5 ghz dual core, it will blow your mind away and it will also blow the minds of people you show it to. 10/10.

I wonder how i ever thought iphone was the greatest, i apologize android fans for bashing you for these past years. you were right.

• 2011-11-30 07:31
  • 45@v

y can't samsung skyrocket make soud and camare like nokia i meant any nokia?
cause nokia phone alway has better camera even 3or5 megepix but it can beat the 5or8 megepix from other brand phone. And soud like music mp3 play from nokia is unbeatable:'(but i still like androi phone cause it fast that about it.

• 2011-11-29 19:46
  • 42@I
Total of 353 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727.