Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.2
7.3
7.3

> In reply to stupid ppl @ 2011-12-15 08:01 from YYgs - click to readBigger Battery 1850 vs. 1650, more screen 4.5", faster CPU and Adreno, more bands, GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA+/HSUPA/and LTE Daul for international and North America. It also has a more intuitive front with 4 well placed buttons. Its not fair that Samsung releases so many phones, people get mixed up easily and their new phones are left outdated in a matter of a month of two. But in reality there is little difference. That being said the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE (Skyrocket and Rogers Edition) are better than its predecessor. I'm sure In a couple of months Samsung will make a newer edition better than the SGH-I727R. Thank you.

• 2011-12-16 06:21
  • qbe2

> In reply to stupid ppl @ 2011-12-15 08:01 from YYgs - click to readYou Mean Skyrocket is not S2??? then why the hell they put the name Galaxy S II ontop?? duuuh

• 2011-12-16 02:54
  • uE5q

The skyrocket is definitely superior. The difference in processing speed is insignificant so this brings us to the LTE vs HSPA+ chipsets. That alone puts it ahead of the s2. As far as price, AT&T's data plans are the same price for 3G, HSPA+ or LTE. Personally I would rather have 10x faster data speeds, larger battey, and bigger screen. These are all opinions of course. To me, the skyrocket is the best phone on the market at the moment.

• 2011-12-16 02:46
  • N80e

name and the price are the same SKYROCKET!!!

• 2011-12-15 10:26
  • PSwk

why stupid people here saying Skyrocket is better than s2? Do you really think 1.5Ghz snapdrgon is better than 1.2Ghz Exynox in terms of performance? OF COURSE NOT. Having LTE doesn't mean it is better. LTE only makes you pay more on bill. 3G speed still enough. You are not going to download something outside all day long and if you do, you'll get huge bill.

• 2011-12-15 08:01
  • YYgs

> In reply to James @ 2011-12-12 16:55 from Nv1V - click to readskyrocket is better

• 2011-12-14 01:48
  • QGMH

Had my skyrocket for about 12 hours and I had a i9100 before so I've experienced both galaxys, skyrocket in my opinion is the superior device, not trying to start a debate just letting people know for what I use the phone for it suits me best to roll with this over regular s2

• 2011-12-13 09:41
  • YaVn

why this device only has 256 hours standby time?
the S2 has 710hours.

• 2011-12-13 03:14
  • sS}b

> In reply to James @ 2011-12-12 16:57 from Nv1V - click to reads2 i9100 is the best..

• 2011-12-13 01:51
  • Pc5C

Urgent Advice guys

Skyrocket or i9100 galaxy?

• 2011-12-12 16:57

Urgent Advice guys

Skyrocket or i9100 galaxy?

• 2011-12-12 16:56

Urgent Advice guys

Skyrocket or i9100 galaxy ??

• 2011-12-12 16:55
  • Nv1V

> In reply to Xavior @ 2011-12-10 08:39 from qDku - click to readlove your post man. Phones are a personal thing. You get the one that is right for you. Correct in what you say, that most of the nuf nufs that comment here, probably don't own what they are reviewing anyway. Once again, nice review....

• 2011-12-11 09:07
  • vu85

Skyrocket Is a a Beast when it's in the right Territory, meaning in a LTE location.

• 2011-12-10 08:50
  • qDku

All you Skyrocket Haters Saying this n that and comparing SGS2 to SGS2S blaa blaa blaa1.2 here 1.5 there..... bla blaa...!I'm pretty sure most of you havn't even seen one in real life. Talking about YouTube reviews n Sht. STOP HATING! I own one and I live in LTE market (New York City). This thing Haul A$$ man. I did a freakin test 23MBPS DL 18MBPS UPLD...hell this thing is faster than my FIOS lol. Trust Me if you are living in a LTE market get this instead of the SGS2. thats the only diffence b/w these two phns. one support LTE (USA) and other DOES NOT. nuff said

• 2011-12-10 08:39
  • qDku

is the camera any good?

• 2011-12-09 00:30
  • thgw

What is visual calling??????

• 2011-12-08 21:09
  • vGFW

Does this smartphone works in Europe?

• 2011-12-06 15:19
  • m1W2

Samsung support says the Galaxy SII Skyrocket DOES NOT have gorilla glass

Dear John,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Samsung Skyrocket (SGH-I727) does not feature the Gorilla glass. However, we assure you that the all components of the phone passed the Samsung quality and is tested to withstand multiple different conditions. It also features the Super AMOLED™ Plus Technology that enables users to interact with a phone by touching images, words, or icons on the display.

Do you have more questions regarding your Samsung Mobile Phone? For 24 hour information and assistance, we offer our new FAQ/ARS System - Automated Response System at http://www.samsung.com/support .

It's like having your very own personal Samsung Technician at your fingertips.

We appreciate your continued interest in Samsung products.

Sincerely,

Charisse Technical Support

--------------------------------------------

Dear John,

Thank you for your inquiry. We apologize for the inconvenience regarding your phone. The Samsung Galaxy II does not feature the Gorilla glass. However, we assure you that the all components of the phone passed the Samsung quality and is tested to withstand multiple different conditions. It also features the Super AMOLED™ Plus Technology that enables users to interact with a phone by touching images, words, or icons on the display.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products. Have a good day.

Sincerely,

Jen

Technical Support

That being said, I did the pen test on mine, and it passed with flying colors. So either it's Gorilla Glass, or Samsung has some strong, no VERY strong, AMOLED Glass on this model.

Well glaas aside,I just wanted to talk about many features I enjoy. First was the immediate Upgrade from Android 2.3.2 to 2.3.6 that I was able to get, from phone updates> settings section. Someone mentioned the 217 vs 207 pxx, however the i727 has much better color then the other model. Also the AMOLED Technology, makes using this so much easier, then my previous phone (Streak 5) While, I do miss the screen real estate

• 2011-12-06 09:55
  • 49ky
Total of 363 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727.