Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

1908867

7.1

lg optimus lte is far more better than this device. lg optimus lte has hd-ips lcd capacitive touchscreen
720 x 1280 pixels.

• 2011-11-18 07:57
  • utaa

read the below blog for a simple review and better prices online for Samsung galaxy S2.

• 2011-11-18 07:29
  • xZs}

Need to know what this LTE 700 is and any difference between LTE 1800 or LTE 700 and wjhat does LTE region specific means??
I am just wanting to buy the skyrocket but live in Austrlaia and Telstra has LTE in most of the Metro areas and wondering about the exact LTE band that I should have on phone.

Can some one talk about LTE as it is the latest and most important apatrt from mobile specs..

Cheers

• 2011-11-18 00:27
  • Fv4G

i want it now

• 2011-11-17 06:31
  • 2FY$

> In reply to Skyrocketttt @ 2011-11-17 02:38 from Fv4G - click to readAs far as i know only Telstra provieds true LTE in Australia, but as you know the price is always the problem.

• 2011-11-17 03:43
  • YPb1

Just wondering whether this LTE band works in Australia?

• 2011-11-17 02:38
  • Fv4G

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-15 06:43 from Yc9y - click to readYes, it supports USB on the go.
I have had this phone for 3 days now, upgraded from the Captivate. It's crazy fast in comparison. Battery life is great too. I do wish the screen resolution was on par with the newer phones, but there is always next year for me. I'm not in a LTE area but get 8.5Mbps down & 1.1Mbps at my job and 3.2Mbps & 1.1Mbps at home which is good enough. Better than my DSL.

• 2011-11-16 12:10
  • bepQ

I have a samsung galaxy phone.. Im really experiencing troubles with the touch screen..... when i touch it, the touch sensor is VERY late.. can someone help me??

• 2011-11-16 07:50
  • wYGT

• 2011-11-16 03:07
  • P@Td

> In reply to eddie @ 2011-11-12 16:25 from YiSv - click to readAfter a week of using the HTC VIVID and SAMSUNG SKYROCKET side by side, I still have to choose the HTC VIVID! I don't get the hype of the Super Amoled Plus screen. Don't get me wrong, the colors are beautiful but, side by side the Vivid screen is so much better looking than the skyrockets screen. The Skyrockets whites have a blueish tint which makes the viewing experience rather dull, where the Vivid whites are nice and bright. I am in Las Vegas and for some reason I am picking up LTE and the radio on the Vivid pics up stronger LTE signals and in more places consistently over the Skyrocket.

I was hoping and praying that the skyrocket was going the be the better phone. Mainly for its form factor, light weight and just a bit juicier specs. But in real world side by side comparisons. I am swayed to choose the heavier just a bit uglier but more consistent and better performer in the HTC VIVID. The Vivid has consistently quicker download speeds and pics up the 4GLTE in more places and holds on to it. Vivid with dual 1.2 compared to Skyrocket dual 1.5 should be slower. I don't see the 1.5 out perform it though. Vivid is outperforming in every situation. The 16 mill colors should be better but I don't see that either. I think Samsung just has the better marketing and thats how they get away with the higher prices but to me its just there gimmicks to make everyone believe there product is better. I say it again, "I just don't see it". Cameras side by side the Vivid wins.

I am just stating my personal findings after using both phones side by side. I am not a fan boy. Im coming from Iphone up to the 4S in which returned to give android a shot and I am loving the freedom without having to jailbreak. I use only Samsung TV's in my house. I just choose the HTC VIVID from my own real world experiences of both phones.

If I had to choose between the Samsung Skyrocket or the S2, I would choose the S2.

Ps. The LTE speeds that I am picking up are crazy fast. 25+ download speeds and 15+upload speeds consistently. In fact one of my speed tests registered at 36 download.

• 2011-11-15 19:53
  • YiSv

> In reply to saddam @ 2011-11-15 11:41 from wHrS - click to readThat's more your opinion than "facts"

calls, messaging are depend on the model and a telecommunication(AT&T and etc) company. There is no the "best" brand in this category.

Overall Sammy is decent and various reviews prove that.

It's just a fact that Anroid is definately more customizable than Symbian and Meego. More developers, UIs, skins and roms.

Yes, indeed iphone has the best os, no doubt about it. So many restrictions on OS deem the merits of its OS. No copy & paste, iTunes and more.
But again it's just someone's opinion.

Sammy is the best in terms of spec. Simply the best, because it runs its own plants for parts unlike apple and nokia. I should note here that Sammy is the 2nd largest semiconductor manufacturer next to intel.

Well, guess what CPU in Apple is made Sammy. No matter GS2 or iphone wins, it's a victory of Sammy. In fact, GS2 has better CPU due to apple has low-clocked cpu with same architecture.

Now Skyrocket has 1.5 Qualcomm cpu which is better than 1.2 clocked Qualcomm cpu Vivid. Overall Skyrocket is not a bad choice, but again that's my opinion and GS2 is cheaper than this.

• 2011-11-15 13:35
  • YPb1

ok here are facts.

Nokia - best in terms of calls,messaging,camera, very customizable and other basic uses of a phone. but they are behind in terms of OS, processors, APPS.

iPhone - very good and light OS, uses the same UI forever. useful apps. but d*mn that iTunes (hard to download free songs) bluetooth usability is so limited iPhone4 had issues "death grip" very high pixel density.

Samsung - nice flash support (10.1) Super AMOLED(what's this?) but the main problem is it's OS even 1.5 ghz dual core can't keep up with the iPhone.

• 2011-11-15 11:41
  • wHrS

It's great .....i'm to buy soon..........

• 2011-11-15 10:13
  • 9ABT

I know people commenting are all caught up in trying to prove themselves right, or support the company they favor, or something relevant to that. But could someone please tell me if this phone supports usb on the go? btw i'm neutral. I think whether it apple, sammy, htc or any other company they have obviously have some positives to attract millions of customers. Also, you can look at specs all you want, but sometimes you have to actual have some experience with the phone before you know if its any good. But even after having it there may still be some bias.

• 2011-11-15 06:43
  • Yc9y

It´s a nice phone but look very cheap, like all Samsung phones, really, are disgusting... no desingn... I´m an android fan, whaiting for Razr in Argentina...

PD.: Iphone 1 looks much better tha this...

• 2011-11-15 00:40
  • PbtZ

This is the iPhone 4s of Samsung galaxies...lol

• 2011-11-14 22:28
  • Ui05

this phone is awesome

• 2011-11-14 21:30
  • yGfH

lg optimus lte looks much much better

• 2011-11-14 18:48
  • U@fe

sammy's customer service is the worst I've seen, android apps second rate. I can't stop laughing at all the fanboys here, oooh, it's the best, ooohh it will beat iPhone lol

• 2011-11-14 18:38
  • v0In

oh no not another sammy galaxy droid! ZzzzzzzzzzZZZ, as if another galaxy matters to Apple haha, another iPhone killer. Oh, samsung makes good LCD tv's by the way! hahaha sammy fanboys here are going gaga over another cookie cutter!

• 2011-11-14 18:35
  • v0In
Total of 380 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727.