Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 - user opinions and reviews

1976686

it is a galaxys 2 the mutch weter phone and profominc is verygood

• 2011-11-25 10:43
  • vGep

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-22 17:39 from vGSD - click to readMotorola E398 (StereoMoto) as well as ROKR E1 have the best speakers in phones.

This Skyrocket has an awfully low res screen. Same crap as normal SII. Does not belong in such large screens.

• 2011-11-24 12:06
  • 5i4e

Only 480 x 800 pixels with 4.5 inches (~207 ppi pixel density)??? How lame is that? I saw this phone at the store and it's not sharp at all. Looks like my old Captivate. No thank you, i'll pass.

• 2011-11-24 12:01
  • Rbqx

Hi,

I have a concern about skyrocket. Very short battery strength.....drains faster in weak connection areas or following music or video play. How can it be improved?

• 2011-11-24 10:21
  • fnE8

one more similar issue of s2 with the update of screen size.but looks similar.
it needs to do some more in audio like i8910.it was a great phone with superb sound quality produce by dual speakers.no one handset can compare with i8910 in audio output quality.placement of the speakers is excellent.one is place on upperside and another on bottomside.in the smartphones it is a very basic demand for good sound quality to listen the music.samsung should update the galaxy in that way also.we hopes they will do it in their next model.since from a very long time i never seen any phone like that in android platform which have the superb sound quality like samsung omnia i8910.if it will be come with same sound properties. definately it would be prove a hit model in galaxy camp.

• 2011-11-22 17:39
  • vGSD

> In reply to peku @ 2011-11-18 07:57 from utaa - click to readPlease before posting read about the in and out about the display scree.... just comparing the pixel resolution dosent mean you can see sharper image.Compare the display technology for all the samart devices in different blogs and then you will get to know about it .

• 2011-11-19 19:40
  • t08W

> In reply to deep.gill @ 2011-11-18 07:29 from xZs} - click to readwat link is dis deep? spam ,virues torjazn

• 2011-11-19 18:45
  • Sqj}

its the best peace

• 2011-11-19 16:45
  • tUdx

lg optimus lte is far more better than this device. lg optimus lte has hd-ips lcd capacitive touchscreen
720 x 1280 pixels.

• 2011-11-18 07:57
  • utaa

read the below blog for a simple review and better prices online for Samsung galaxy S2.

• 2011-11-18 07:29
  • xZs}

Need to know what this LTE 700 is and any difference between LTE 1800 or LTE 700 and wjhat does LTE region specific means??
I am just wanting to buy the skyrocket but live in Austrlaia and Telstra has LTE in most of the Metro areas and wondering about the exact LTE band that I should have on phone.

Can some one talk about LTE as it is the latest and most important apatrt from mobile specs..

Cheers

• 2011-11-18 00:27
  • Fv4G

i want it now

• 2011-11-17 06:31
  • 2FY$

> In reply to Skyrocketttt @ 2011-11-17 02:38 from Fv4G - click to readAs far as i know only Telstra provieds true LTE in Australia, but as you know the price is always the problem.

• 2011-11-17 03:43
  • YPb1

Just wondering whether this LTE band works in Australia?

• 2011-11-17 02:38
  • Fv4G

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-15 06:43 from Yc9y - click to readYes, it supports USB on the go.
I have had this phone for 3 days now, upgraded from the Captivate. It's crazy fast in comparison. Battery life is great too. I do wish the screen resolution was on par with the newer phones, but there is always next year for me. I'm not in a LTE area but get 8.5Mbps down & 1.1Mbps at my job and 3.2Mbps & 1.1Mbps at home which is good enough. Better than my DSL.

• 2011-11-16 12:10
  • bepQ

I have a samsung galaxy phone.. Im really experiencing troubles with the touch screen..... when i touch it, the touch sensor is VERY late.. can someone help me??

• 2011-11-16 07:50
  • wYGT

• 2011-11-16 03:07
  • P@Td

> In reply to eddie @ 2011-11-12 16:25 from YiSv - click to readAfter a week of using the HTC VIVID and SAMSUNG SKYROCKET side by side, I still have to choose the HTC VIVID! I don't get the hype of the Super Amoled Plus screen. Don't get me wrong, the colors are beautiful but, side by side the Vivid screen is so much better looking than the skyrockets screen. The Skyrockets whites have a blueish tint which makes the viewing experience rather dull, where the Vivid whites are nice and bright. I am in Las Vegas and for some reason I am picking up LTE and the radio on the Vivid pics up stronger LTE signals and in more places consistently over the Skyrocket.

I was hoping and praying that the skyrocket was going the be the better phone. Mainly for its form factor, light weight and just a bit juicier specs. But in real world side by side comparisons. I am swayed to choose the heavier just a bit uglier but more consistent and better performer in the HTC VIVID. The Vivid has consistently quicker download speeds and pics up the 4GLTE in more places and holds on to it. Vivid with dual 1.2 compared to Skyrocket dual 1.5 should be slower. I don't see the 1.5 out perform it though. Vivid is outperforming in every situation. The 16 mill colors should be better but I don't see that either. I think Samsung just has the better marketing and thats how they get away with the higher prices but to me its just there gimmicks to make everyone believe there product is better. I say it again, "I just don't see it". Cameras side by side the Vivid wins.

I am just stating my personal findings after using both phones side by side. I am not a fan boy. Im coming from Iphone up to the 4S in which returned to give android a shot and I am loving the freedom without having to jailbreak. I use only Samsung TV's in my house. I just choose the HTC VIVID from my own real world experiences of both phones.

If I had to choose between the Samsung Skyrocket or the S2, I would choose the S2.

Ps. The LTE speeds that I am picking up are crazy fast. 25+ download speeds and 15+upload speeds consistently. In fact one of my speed tests registered at 36 download.

• 2011-11-15 19:53
  • YiSv

> In reply to saddam @ 2011-11-15 11:41 from wHrS - click to readThat's more your opinion than "facts"

calls, messaging are depend on the model and a telecommunication(AT&T and etc) company. There is no the "best" brand in this category.

Overall Sammy is decent and various reviews prove that.

It's just a fact that Anroid is definately more customizable than Symbian and Meego. More developers, UIs, skins and roms.

Yes, indeed iphone has the best os, no doubt about it. So many restrictions on OS deem the merits of its OS. No copy & paste, iTunes and more.
But again it's just someone's opinion.

Sammy is the best in terms of spec. Simply the best, because it runs its own plants for parts unlike apple and nokia. I should note here that Sammy is the 2nd largest semiconductor manufacturer next to intel.

Well, guess what CPU in Apple is made Sammy. No matter GS2 or iphone wins, it's a victory of Sammy. In fact, GS2 has better CPU due to apple has low-clocked cpu with same architecture.

Now Skyrocket has 1.5 Qualcomm cpu which is better than 1.2 clocked Qualcomm cpu Vivid. Overall Skyrocket is not a bad choice, but again that's my opinion and GS2 is cheaper than this.

• 2011-11-15 13:35
  • YPb1

ok here are facts.

Nokia - best in terms of calls,messaging,camera, very customizable and other basic uses of a phone. but they are behind in terms of OS, processors, APPS.

iPhone - very good and light OS, uses the same UI forever. useful apps. but d*mn that iTunes (hard to download free songs) bluetooth usability is so limited iPhone4 had issues "death grip" very high pixel density.

Samsung - nice flash support (10.1) Super AMOLED(what's this?) but the main problem is it's OS even 1.5 ghz dual core can't keep up with the iPhone.

• 2011-11-15 11:41
  • wHrS
Total of 388 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727.