Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G T699 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.1
6.0
5.9

The Samsung galaxy relay will not let me end calls or even turn on the screen when its making a call. How can i fix this?

• 2015-01-11 23:52
  • shU8

Please I just got this phone. Pls I am having issues with the hotspot. It does not turn on so I can not use it. Please how do resolve it

• 2014-12-18 06:52
  • ftKH

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-05 08:18 from Ibx9 - click to readagreed! great phone just needs a little tender loving fist in it's rom

• 2014-10-19 13:44
  • qIRQ

> In reply to abimbaola @ 2014-09-27 16:10 from qC%M - click to readRoot and remove boat. Get custom rom from xda and rejoice as you will have a phone as fast as newer phones at a quarter of the price. And this is the last of the qwertys.

• 2014-10-05 08:18
  • Ibx9

i switched to this phone from a blackberry torch and immediately noticed how painfully slow the phone is. i bought it for the qwerty keyboard but now use the swype feature and hardly ever use the qwerty.
the phone is just so painfully slow! switching between apps is a study in patience. i'm never enthusiastic about doing a quick search for a contact, etc... it all takes way too long. i'm sure not all samsungs or android phones are like this - makes me wonder.

• 2014-09-27 16:10
  • qC%M

Has anyone had problems with screen going blank? I need to get the screen on so i can retrieve text messages from its memory. Ive tried plugging it in to a desk top and everything comes out except the text messages. Does anyone know where i can get it fixed without resetting its memory so i dont lose the text messages i need as evidence In court. Please anyone??

• 2014-09-21 15:51
  • Rbq1

> In reply to Shizzuka @ 2014-09-07 16:12 from my{J - click to read Sold as a "T-Mobile" Phone (in the U.S.A.)I have one, and I am very fond of its qwerty key board and extrodinary capabilities...I highly recommend this device.

• 2014-09-20 22:59
  • jJH@

Does any one know what band this phone is? Is it single, dual, tri or quad band?
I wan to buy this to you in the uk.

• 2014-09-07 16:12
  • my{J

It's a nice phone, not obsolete what-so-ever. Put liquidsmooth on it and it becomes even nicer. http://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=2700494

• 2014-09-03 03:21
  • NLZ0

I dont know why everyone else complains so much about a phone.
I guess reviews are the place you get to vent about negative stuff about your phone

Ive had my Galaxy Relay for more than a year and its been a really good buddy of mine. I wouldn't mind upgrading but as for right now, this phone is apt for my daily life :)

• 2014-08-24 13:15
  • 4DME

I dont know why everyone else complains so much about a phone.

• 2014-08-24 13:09
  • 4DME

I have this handset and it is last of it's kind. I bought one from Ebay and is a little beat-up. I believe it is a refurbished handset. The charging port does not work so I bought a external battery charger, and a couple spare batteries for it. I love to use the keyboard to type text on it. It is great for someone who love to use physical keyboards on phones. I do not think any companies are making phones like this anymore. I had a G2 made by HTC and was great but had bad battery life. With the Jellybean update on this handset it gets great battery life on it.

• 2014-08-17 11:00
  • IxSY

> In reply to ballroomdancer @ 2014-07-05 20:30 from qPFv - click to readhttp://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/...for_apexqtmo

It works good but after using for a few weeks I realized the the new camera app that comes with 4.3.1 crashes so many times that i felt like I should just go back to the normal samsung stock buildd. So I put back the original software 4.1.2 no issues smooth as butter

• 2014-07-27 02:59
  • qL5Q

Bought on June 2014 (on the bay, US seller), good phone (much better than my previous Xperia Pro, both for speed and for display), but after only one month of use, always kept with extreme care, it already has some cracks on the plastic around the keyboard... unbelievable!!!
Since the same happened to my wife, who has a Galaxy Mini 2, I'm afraid it is a problem due to the poor quality of Samsung plastics... (not only for entry level phones, since the SGH T699 cannot be defined in such way)

• 2014-07-17 14:56
  • jW$c

How can I get 4.3.1 cyanogenmod for my t699?

• 2014-07-05 20:30
  • qPFv

Nice phone mine came with jellybean brand new and unlocked in original box. I used for a year then decided to upgrade the android os from 4.1 Jellybean to 4.3.1 cyanogenmod. Its like new phone now way better features and smoother than any phone I ever had. This phones battery last alllllll day no matter how much I use it. Calls are clear. keys feel good on keyboard. respect

• 2014-06-24 22:17
  • qL5Q

The Sandisk Ultra microSD XC UHS-1 64gb Class 10 is compatible with this device in format exFAT without problems

• 2014-05-06 21:33
  • LuEB

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-02-26 12:50 from L761 - click to readI tried it out and it is working fine with UMTS in germany (provider is vodafone). Thx for help.

• 2014-03-09 15:29
  • pMA{

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-02-26 12:50 from L761 - click to readWithout problem bro!
Look at specs...it's full compatible with EU frequencies even with Deutschland! :D

• 2014-02-26 21:58
  • naYy

Can someone say from experience if this phone would be working on 3G in germany (provider Vodafone)?

• 2014-02-26 12:50
  • L761
Total of 126 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G T699.