Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G T699 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.1
6.0
5.9

Please I just got this phone. Pls I am having issues with the hotspot. It does not turn on so I can not use it. Please how do resolve it

• 2014-12-18 06:52
  • ftKH

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-05 08:18 from Ibx9 - click to readagreed! great phone just needs a little tender loving fist in it's rom

• 2014-10-19 13:44
  • qIRQ

> In reply to abimbaola @ 2014-09-27 16:10 from qC%M - click to readRoot and remove boat. Get custom rom from xda and rejoice as you will have a phone as fast as newer phones at a quarter of the price. And this is the last of the qwertys.

• 2014-10-05 08:18
  • Ibx9

i switched to this phone from a blackberry torch and immediately noticed how painfully slow the phone is. i bought it for the qwerty keyboard but now use the swype feature and hardly ever use the qwerty.
the phone is just so painfully slow! switching between apps is a study in patience. i'm never enthusiastic about doing a quick search for a contact, etc... it all takes way too long. i'm sure not all samsungs or android phones are like this - makes me wonder.

• 2014-09-27 16:10
  • qC%M

Has anyone had problems with screen going blank? I need to get the screen on so i can retrieve text messages from its memory. Ive tried plugging it in to a desk top and everything comes out except the text messages. Does anyone know where i can get it fixed without resetting its memory so i dont lose the text messages i need as evidence In court. Please anyone??

• 2014-09-21 15:51
  • Rbq1

> In reply to Shizzuka @ 2014-09-07 16:12 from my{J - click to read Sold as a "T-Mobile" Phone (in the U.S.A.)I have one, and I am very fond of its qwerty key board and extrodinary capabilities...I highly recommend this device.

• 2014-09-20 22:59
  • jJH@

Does any one know what band this phone is? Is it single, dual, tri or quad band?
I wan to buy this to you in the uk.

• 2014-09-07 16:12
  • my{J

It's a nice phone, not obsolete what-so-ever. Put liquidsmooth on it and it becomes even nicer. http://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=2700494

• 2014-09-03 03:21
  • NLZ0

I dont know why everyone else complains so much about a phone.
I guess reviews are the place you get to vent about negative stuff about your phone

Ive had my Galaxy Relay for more than a year and its been a really good buddy of mine. I wouldn't mind upgrading but as for right now, this phone is apt for my daily life :)

• 2014-08-24 13:15
  • 4DME

I dont know why everyone else complains so much about a phone.

• 2014-08-24 13:09
  • 4DME

I have this handset and it is last of it's kind. I bought one from Ebay and is a little beat-up. I believe it is a refurbished handset. The charging port does not work so I bought a external battery charger, and a couple spare batteries for it. I love to use the keyboard to type text on it. It is great for someone who love to use physical keyboards on phones. I do not think any companies are making phones like this anymore. I had a G2 made by HTC and was great but had bad battery life. With the Jellybean update on this handset it gets great battery life on it.

• 2014-08-17 11:00
  • IxSY

> In reply to ballroomdancer @ 2014-07-05 20:30 from qPFv - click to readhttp://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/...for_apexqtmo

It works good but after using for a few weeks I realized the the new camera app that comes with 4.3.1 crashes so many times that i felt like I should just go back to the normal samsung stock buildd. So I put back the original software 4.1.2 no issues smooth as butter

• 2014-07-27 02:59
  • qL5Q

Bought on June 2014 (on the bay, US seller), good phone (much better than my previous Xperia Pro, both for speed and for display), but after only one month of use, always kept with extreme care, it already has some cracks on the plastic around the keyboard... unbelievable!!!
Since the same happened to my wife, who has a Galaxy Mini 2, I'm afraid it is a problem due to the poor quality of Samsung plastics... (not only for entry level phones, since the SGH T699 cannot be defined in such way)

• 2014-07-17 14:56
  • jW$c

How can I get 4.3.1 cyanogenmod for my t699?

• 2014-07-05 20:30
  • qPFv

Nice phone mine came with jellybean brand new and unlocked in original box. I used for a year then decided to upgrade the android os from 4.1 Jellybean to 4.3.1 cyanogenmod. Its like new phone now way better features and smoother than any phone I ever had. This phones battery last alllllll day no matter how much I use it. Calls are clear. keys feel good on keyboard. respect

• 2014-06-24 22:17
  • qL5Q

The Sandisk Ultra microSD XC UHS-1 64gb Class 10 is compatible with this device in format exFAT without problems

• 2014-05-06 21:33
  • LuEB

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-02-26 12:50 from L761 - click to readI tried it out and it is working fine with UMTS in germany (provider is vodafone). Thx for help.

• 2014-03-09 15:29
  • pMA{

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-02-26 12:50 from L761 - click to readWithout problem bro!
Look at specs...it's full compatible with EU frequencies even with Deutschland! :D

• 2014-02-26 21:58
  • naYy

Can someone say from experience if this phone would be working on 3G in germany (provider Vodafone)?

• 2014-02-26 12:50
  • L761

I have being looking for a good Qwerty Slider Smartphone with a 5 row key keyboard for a while. I currently use a Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro and I really was waiting to see if a smartphone with a good 5 row keyboard would come out with a 2GB ram and quad-core processor. This does not seem like its going to happen either in the US or in Europe where I'm based. I would probably have got a Motorola Photon 4G for its excellent keyboard but its a major risk to try and remove to build in sim card and solder on a sim card reader to access a sim for a european network.
I bought Samsung T699 unlocked from Open Group Wireless for 150Euros + 65 Euro Tax, Customs duty and Transport using freight forwarder Borderlinx who streamlined any problems exporting to Rep. of Ireland. The package arrived 2 days early and straight out of the box, I put in my O2 sim card and its worked seamlessly since, the only limiting factor is the patchy coverage outside of the cities by O2 network, but in the cities it is very fast web browsing and even picked up on the new trailing of 4G by O2 in cork.
The keyboard is very good for fast typing and the dedicated number row and multiple secondary functions on each key using the function key is a great feature. Outside of being slightly heavier that the Sansung S3, this phone can match the S3 in almost all departments - the screen resolution is slightly less than the S3 but really is not obvious. The 5mp Camera is very good and the focus is much better than the 8mp camera on the Sony Xperia Pro. Call quality is fine receiving and speaking and playing Music through the speakers has excellent clarity. Even with 3.75Gb of the phone's memory taken up with preloaded software does not seem to be an issue and it runs Android 4.1.2 Jellybean out of the box. I have checked the Blogs on upgrading Android but it seems to be a safer bet to stick with Jellybean to keep the full functionality of the slide out keyboard.
overall this is Excellent value Qwerty Slider Smartphone for any GSM network worldwide

• 2014-02-05 11:33
  • 0FW8
Total of 125 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G T699.