Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G T699 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.1
6.1
6.0

Was thinking of dumping this phone for a new one because it was having some issues. However, that would've been a foolish mistake since I haven't found another phone that I like better. So I took a chance ... With CM12 aka Lollipop 5.0.2, this phone is extremely quick transitioning between apps. Everything works to date with the custom ROM except the GPS. I don't use GPS anyway, so for me, a great phone just got better!

• 2015-05-09 05:58
  • sg0%

> In reply to brdpdrsn @ 2015-04-23 08:50 from 4MMy - click to readThank you for answer me.

Well i know there's a few versions out there.

1) I found Consumer Cellular, sell the Relay 4G, have a lot in stock; but they force me to have a plan with them at least 30 days, and that's something i don't want to do, because if i order this phone i'll have this in my hands in a week or two. Besides that ConsumerCellular, can give you an unlock code after the 30 days. So that's what stop me from buying from them, i was going to..

2)Cell2Get.com , has another ones in stock, i don't know if you guys knows that webpage, it's secure? They sell new in box sealed devices? or they refurbished?

I really need to buy a Qwerty keyboard with the same specs or better to be able to work in SouthAmerica. We have all the GSM 2G/3G 850/1900mhz and 4G LTE 1900mhz.

Please someone knows where i can get a couple of Relays new..? Most of you will say Ebay, but Ebay doesn't have much anymore, and besides they have been used a lot, so..

Thank you.

• 2015-04-24 08:04
  • LF8x

> In reply to Ten @ 2015-04-20 06:47 from LF8x - click to readTen,
First of all, probably you can not find a brand new Relay, because it was produced for only Tmobile and only in USA in limited numbers.The phone released on 2012, which means it is almost impossible to find a new one. It is a GSM smartphone you can use it in South America, in Europe, wherever you want.
Second, there is not any difference between Relay and Relay 4G. Same phone different names.
Third, if you buy an used one you can unlock it by yourself. Just go to xda, you will find your answer there. But you have to be on Android 4.0. (I know lot of work but it does worth.)
Thansk!

• 2015-04-23 08:50
  • 4MMy

Hi guys. I have a few questions about this phone.

a)Where can i buy this new? I know it's almost impossible. But it doesn't matter if it's in US or Europe, or Maybe Asia, but i need the GSM version, because i'm planning to use this in SouthAmerica(Movistar/Claro).

b) What's the difference between Samsung Galaxy S Relay vs Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G. I found online people mention both of them. What is the GSM version? They're the same? both are unlockable?

c) Can i unlocked myself? Where i can find the code?

Thank you!

• 2015-04-20 06:47
  • LF8x

good

• 2015-03-01 20:29
  • Y}K4

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-18 06:52 from ftKH - click to readI had same problem. App "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot" from "core technology" worked for me.

• 2015-02-25 12:48
  • L761

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-18 06:52 from ftKH - click to readYou can't use the hotspot using stock firmware as it's set to disable. you need to use third party software or root your phone and use custom firmware like CyanogenMod if you want to get that working

• 2015-02-08 08:15
  • mx4Y

The Samsung galaxy relay will not let me end calls or even turn on the screen when its making a call. How can i fix this?

• 2015-01-11 23:52
  • shU8

Please I just got this phone. Pls I am having issues with the hotspot. It does not turn on so I can not use it. Please how do resolve it

• 2014-12-18 06:52
  • ftKH

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-05 08:18 from Ibx9 - click to readagreed! great phone just needs a little tender loving fist in it's rom

• 2014-10-19 13:44
  • qIRQ

> In reply to abimbaola @ 2014-09-27 16:10 from qC%M - click to readRoot and remove boat. Get custom rom from xda and rejoice as you will have a phone as fast as newer phones at a quarter of the price. And this is the last of the qwertys.

• 2014-10-05 08:18
  • Ibx9

i switched to this phone from a blackberry torch and immediately noticed how painfully slow the phone is. i bought it for the qwerty keyboard but now use the swype feature and hardly ever use the qwerty.
the phone is just so painfully slow! switching between apps is a study in patience. i'm never enthusiastic about doing a quick search for a contact, etc... it all takes way too long. i'm sure not all samsungs or android phones are like this - makes me wonder.

• 2014-09-27 16:10
  • qC%M

Has anyone had problems with screen going blank? I need to get the screen on so i can retrieve text messages from its memory. Ive tried plugging it in to a desk top and everything comes out except the text messages. Does anyone know where i can get it fixed without resetting its memory so i dont lose the text messages i need as evidence In court. Please anyone??

• 2014-09-21 15:51
  • Rbq1

> In reply to Shizzuka @ 2014-09-07 16:12 from my{J - click to read Sold as a "T-Mobile" Phone (in the U.S.A.)I have one, and I am very fond of its qwerty key board and extrodinary capabilities...I highly recommend this device.

• 2014-09-20 22:59
  • jJH@

Does any one know what band this phone is? Is it single, dual, tri or quad band?
I wan to buy this to you in the uk.

• 2014-09-07 16:12
  • my{J

It's a nice phone, not obsolete what-so-ever. Put liquidsmooth on it and it becomes even nicer. http://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=2700494

• 2014-09-03 03:21
  • NLZ0

I dont know why everyone else complains so much about a phone.
I guess reviews are the place you get to vent about negative stuff about your phone

Ive had my Galaxy Relay for more than a year and its been a really good buddy of mine. I wouldn't mind upgrading but as for right now, this phone is apt for my daily life :)

• 2014-08-24 13:15
  • 4DME

I dont know why everyone else complains so much about a phone.

• 2014-08-24 13:09
  • 4DME

I have this handset and it is last of it's kind. I bought one from Ebay and is a little beat-up. I believe it is a refurbished handset. The charging port does not work so I bought a external battery charger, and a couple spare batteries for it. I love to use the keyboard to type text on it. It is great for someone who love to use physical keyboards on phones. I do not think any companies are making phones like this anymore. I had a G2 made by HTC and was great but had bad battery life. With the Jellybean update on this handset it gets great battery life on it.

• 2014-08-17 11:00
  • IxSY

> In reply to ballroomdancer @ 2014-07-05 20:30 from qPFv - click to readhttp://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/...for_apexqtmo

It works good but after using for a few weeks I realized the the new camera app that comes with 4.3.1 crashes so many times that i felt like I should just go back to the normal samsung stock buildd. So I put back the original software 4.1.2 no issues smooth as butter

• 2014-07-27 02:59
  • qL5Q
Total of 133 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G T699.