Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II I415 - user opinions and reviews

5.6
5.7
5.6

Hi guys,
I have 3 important questions for now.

1) Does this phone can be unlocked? Even if it's the Verizon version? I plan to use it in SouthAmerica, and yes GSM works good here. Or anybody has done that before with the Verizon version?

2)Which phone is better? Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II 1415 vs Samsung Galaxy Relay 4G?

3) Where i can buy this phone new or the Samsung Galaxy Relay 4G?

I found 2 places, but i need more.
Galaxy Stratosphere: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sa...l1qOOPegnwZg

Galaxy Relay: https://www.consumercellular.com/Info/PhoneDetai­ls/559

Thank you in adv.

• 2015-04-21 11:41
  • LF8x

This phone is great but lts heavy

• 2015-04-21 00:08
  • 9LB1

This is a very disappointing phone in many ways and the few positive things about are by far and few overshadowed by the negatives... My girlfriend and I both agree and have had this phone continuously for 2 years.. The phone is clumsy to hold and use and having to replace mine 3 times due to broken screens makes it fragile as well One of the broken screens occurred when it was dropped on a desk from a resting position on the desk itself only fell maybe 5 inches from drop to impact...Ridiculous to have a qwerty keyboard that if you are trying to open that in trying to do so causes one to inadvertently touching the screen which then can cause a host of issues with whatever you are doing.... The battery life wt first appeared to be decent but that quickly changed after every update as there was obvious changes that caused greater power consumption..Also the battery for whatever reason was charging quickly in the beginning and now sometimes tkes hours where it was minutes before to charge...I used to get 3-4 days on a charge now its 4 hours and I have replaced the battery with very little change so that is why i think that the updaters are causing this...The next theing is the lousy touch screen which has registration issues as well as when I try and answer the phone by swipe I have it set so I can see my swipe which registers and by like the 10th swipe it might answer which is totally unacceptable... To sum it up I have only touched the surface with this as I have come to refer to it as a total POS and that is what it is...Dont waste your time with this call dropping and constantly locking up nightmare which maybe the earlier reviewers had not had the time to see just what came over time...in the beginning other that the clumsy and difficult to hold phone was cool but I have grown to so hate this phone that every day I use it I don't know what holds me from taking a hammer to it other than the price of getting another phone right now....

• 2015-01-18 23:48
  • kVUX

> In reply to asbyvoet @ 2013-10-12 21:15 from iJSX - click to readCheck where it says Secondary then check if it says yes or any number.

• 2014-08-28 16:41
  • mD6Y

> In reply to sam @ 2013-10-28 14:53 from sYT3 - click to readYes, but you'll need a cable for that. You can use with any sim card in the world. But you have to see if the carrier you want to use has the same 3g/4g frequency of the phone. If they don't match you won't ever get 3g/4g just 2G (edge).

• 2014-04-23 23:12
  • LKZ7

> In reply to Annalisa @ 2014-02-24 16:55 from 0HVR - click to readYou actually can take a screenshot.
Just hold the home button and the turn on/off/lock button at the same time for 5 secs. I have that phone and I do that when I want to take a screenshot. ;)

• 2014-04-23 23:05
  • LKZ7

Actually, like someone else said, this phone can be used with other carriers. One of my Co workers got this brand new for 180 USD and took it to Mexico. He didn't need to unlock it, he inserted his SIM card and that's it. Some notifications from Verizon (not Verizon's SIM card detected) may appear but he can make calls and SMS trouble free. His phone came with Jelly Bean 4.1.2

• 2014-03-07 06:11
  • 8%f6

This phone is amazing, Ive had it for about a year and it's very durable, the features are pretty cool, except i wasn't able to screen shot,and the screen is a bit small, besides that, its a great phone to have!

• 2014-02-24 16:55
  • 0HVR

> In reply to nav @ 2013-03-26 17:47 from UD}w - click to readreally expensive:(
oh my god

• 2014-02-16 12:02
  • thu9

Hi sam this phone is unlockable it uses a micro sim card and it has DLNA so you can wireless broadcast to your tv and such. I haven't tried using the MHL wired hookup yet but you can get those cables at Radioshack ;)

• 2014-01-26 09:03
  • qLjT

> In reply to YANE @ 2013-12-30 18:38 from 3bmH - click to readI can only help a little, it could navigate through the menu by using the arrow key.

• 2014-01-20 08:30
  • 9x1Y

hi. i want to buy this phone so i have several questions
1.when the keyboard is opened can you select or move the selection with the arrow keys(can you navigate frough the menu with keys) ??
2.how much the battery will stand with mixed using?
3.i saw batteries more than 1800 mAh that it has the mobile what will happen if you use other battery?

PLS REPLY

• 2013-12-30 18:38
  • 3bmH

There's a possibility that. The stratosphere 11 will be upgradeable to kitkat next year. Two.questions. will this upgrade the camera and.can you get adobe flash on it? Thanks for your time. Regards nijinski

• 2013-12-14 07:42
  • Sec9

jesus christ. people are selfish. no wonder why the world is a mess. no one has been able to answer my 2 simple questions,not even the moderators who suppose to be experts. thanks for nothing.

• 2013-12-12 03:55
  • q$Sp

come on guys is my question so hard to answer? i did my own research and did not find the answers. please don't be selfish and help. after all is almost christmas. thanks.

• 2013-11-30 22:05
  • sYP6

hi everyone. does this phone has a tv out or a way to watch everything in the big screen? and what about the sim card slot that it has,means that can be used with any other gsm us carrier? i read in ENGADGET i think, that verizon is leaving that option open in their newest phones,you know, the sim card or gsm part.please sombody answer this as soon as possible. thanks.

• 2013-10-28 14:53
  • sYT3

Does it have a front camera?

• 2013-10-12 21:15
  • iJSX

are all stratosphere i415 coming with sim card ready?

• 2013-09-14 14:18
  • Yff8

> In reply to Jo @ 2013-07-04 09:13 from mid{ - click to readHi, Is this phone available in India? Or can it be ordered from somewhere else, for delivery in India?

• 2013-08-20 17:33
  • KAjM

Is it also touch screen

• 2013-08-01 16:22
  • FFhe
Total of 71 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II I415.