Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.7

> In reply to shweta67 @ 2013-06-18 21:00 from Hkqq - click to readFor me I use my P3100 watching live channels on ilive.to and other recorded TV shows and when it is time to sleep, I put it to stream FM radio via TuneIn app all night long.

With JB 4.1.2 upgrade its UI looks like a big smartphone, like a phablet as others may say.

• 2013-06-19 06:04
  • NyjD

> In reply to dino @ 2013-06-19 03:40 from t7XH - click to readJust press the lock key and volume rocker down simultaneously and you'll get a screenshot even with your lock screen. Isn't that great?

• 2013-06-19 05:55
  • NyjD

After i upgraded my tab p3100 i notice that the screen shot button is not available.can u tell about it pls?

• 2013-06-19 03:40
  • t7XH

> In reply to shweta67 @ 2013-06-18 21:00 from Hkqq - click to read@Tcool and @Shweta
That makes sense actually if samsung doesn’t give smart stay feature, noticing from its performance and specs that the front camera is too weak to detect eye glancing or blinking. Though I read about the presence of this feature from here (use the below keywords to search the article with gooogle and click the first result, GSMa considered the link to the webpage as a spam) :

65624 samsung galaxy tab 2 310 android 4.1.2 jelly bean update now rolling out in india

I use my tab daily for browsing and to have some fun.. when I get bored, then I use it as hot spot to my laptop then browsing internet and to have some fun. LOL why my activities still the same . . . :D

• 2013-06-18 21:25
  • 6{d8

> In reply to Gris Bleu @ 2013-06-18 17:25 from 6$r3 - click to readI will check too..but like tcool said,yes pop up play is already there...other ones that u mentioned r not too useful for me as u guessed :)

what do u use ur tab for the most,Gris? :)

• 2013-06-18 21:00
  • Hkqq

what about its gaming performance...does high end game like n.o.v.a 3 works smooth???? and for how many hour we can play games on it??? does it get heated????

• 2013-06-18 20:43
  • Hs85

> In reply to Gris Bleu @ 2013-06-18 17:24 from 6$r3 - click to readNo smart stay, I cannot find the group play.
Yes there is a pop-up play.

• 2013-06-18 19:45
  • FBvt

> In reply to shweta67 @ 2013-06-18 14:04 from Hkqs - click to readGo to settings> display to see whether your tab has smart stay option or not. Pause function can be checked while recording video. If you can't pause during recording means it's not available in 4.1.1. With pop-up play you can watch video in small window while using other app. Group play is Samsung's own feature where you can play a game together with others via Samsung hub - guess this is really an unimportant feature for you, right? La'Fleur apps are probably market dependant and present only in version 4.1.2. No one from India told about this, while I read it is available for viet nam and indonesian version and maybe to other regions. It is the same features I guess which are available exclusively in Samsung La'fleur edition smartphones (pink s3 mini, rose gal tab 2 7.0, samsung citrus etc).

• 2013-06-18 17:25
  • 6$r3

> In reply to Tcool @ 2013-06-18 11:40 from NyjE - click to readYes Tcool, Id like you to check about those features please, since Im still on ICS so I'm not able to check, as I only read about it from reviews given by users..

• 2013-06-18 17:24
  • 6$r3

> In reply to Gris Bleu @ 2013-06-18 11:32 from 6{g$ - click to readHey Gris,where and how to check if these functions smart stay,pop up play etc that u mentioned are there in my tab or not?app manager?also the le fluer apps...how and where can i find this?

When u find out any ghost detector app working,plz let me know :)

• 2013-06-18 14:04
  • Hkqs

i got a p3100 galaxt tab 2 my android is 4.0.4 but when i go to software update it says no updates available can anyone please help

• 2013-06-18 13:04
  • iDxq

> In reply to Gris Bleu @ 2013-06-18 11:32 from 6{g$ - click to readDid you say smart stay, group play and pop-up play?

I have not tried that on my P3100 with JB 4.1.2

I will check it when I get home.

• 2013-06-18 11:40
  • NyjE

> In reply to shweta67 @ 2013-06-17 19:33 from Hkqr - click to readSince you're on 4.1.1 already, I think there would be no problem of installing 4.1.2 update. This version comes with some new features (dunno if some of them already present in your 4.1.1 tablet, pls check) such as pause function in video camera, smart stay, group play, pop-up play, blocking mode and more. I dunno about 4.1.2 for india, but some regions also got 'Le Fleur' apps useful for female users.

Screen guard doesn't influence the sensors.The ghost apps usually use magnetic sensor for EMF readings and mic to record sound - ghost sound, if they can speak. :D I tried firstly a ghost detector app featuring radar, EMF (to detect energymagnetic field changes usually caused by supranatural activities, wow!) and mic to communicate (lol) with spirits (lol v2.0). But none of those features seem promising (hehe, is there any among these ghost apps seems promising..), EMF reading seems confusing with its inaccurate fluctuations, communication using microphone... well, to me it's totally failed, word or message appears randomly irrelevant with my questions. In short, I'm skeptical if this app worth my rate. However I found a more scientifical methode for this hunting activity with Ghost EVP Analyzer (Adobe Air is required), It essentially is a voice recorder and a very good one at that. You can use it as a substitute or additional voice recorder on ghost hunts. So far haven't seen any ghost detected with my tab, where are they? :(

• 2013-06-18 11:32
  • 6{g$

> In reply to irshad @ 2013-06-17 10:58 from 9xf9 - click to readMine came with 4.1.2 never had any issues.
Btw, Now i am running on 4.2.2 (cynagenmod 10.1). There are some real nice features such as multi user in 4.2.2.
Worth a try. I felt games run much smoother in 4.2.2 (or Cynagenmod?)

• 2013-06-18 10:10
  • Mh{x

hmmm got it...

thnx tcool

• 2013-06-18 10:05
  • dZwT

> In reply to Xalu @ 2013-06-17 20:45 from 64bU - click to readNo you cannot select the country to update the OS.
As I said, it depends on the country from where you purchased the unit. No matter where you bring the unit, it's update will still go back to its mother country where it was released.

• 2013-06-18 04:13
  • FBvF

thnx for ur answer tcool... can u plz tell me which country i should select that i can update my tab and how to change country that i can easily update my tab..???

• 2013-06-17 20:45
  • 64bU

> In reply to Gris Bleu @ 2013-06-13 22:32 from KxsG - click to readGris,i use tab rarely and that too for surfing only in chrome so have not really observed if the other such apps r acting wiered as this one did..but after having cleared cache and clear data from appalication manager,its back to normal..

Gris i really really appreciate ur detailed explaination and the efforts u take to reply and be helpful to all the people posting their queries here....what do u suggest,shud i get my tab 4.1.1 upgraded?and abt ghost app...i did try it out but nothing happens..just the dots keep moving inside the circle :)..i was wondering if it cud be bcoz of the sensors being covered by my screen guard?

• 2013-06-17 19:33
  • Hkqr

> In reply to Akshay @ 2013-06-17 15:46 from 7tyI - click to readLOL! It is mini sim. Correct yourself!
Regular sim is the one used with the first Alcatel GSM phone FYI.

• 2013-06-17 16:53
  • FBvF

It's with regular sim card slot not mini correct your specification details.

• 2013-06-17 15:46
  • 7tyI
Total of 5185 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100.