Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.6

> In reply to shweta67 @ 2013-05-23 11:06 from Hkqt - click to readTricks? Iím not sure about that. Or at least I guess it would depend on your networks though. I dunno how, or whether providers in india do restriction for not allowing 2G subscribers to access 3G network. Based on my own experience, here with my current provider, if Iím allowed to access 3G network, then I can use my 2G plan to access 3G. Although not every phones can apply this trick, including this tablet. I can use it with my experia phone (on gingerbread), I started browsing the net in GSM mode.. once itís connected then I switched network mode to wcdma/3G. And continue browsing, this time in 3G. At the end of this session, i noticed that only my 2G quota was deducted. The same thing can not be applied with this tab. When I tried to switch network mode on fly, it asked me to turn internet access off before switching the network mode. Hence in one session of networking with samsung tab, only the same network can be applied. Thatís why I told you my 2G plan is useless in this device. So before my data gets expired I move my sim card to experia to use my 2G quota in 3G. Funny, isnít it?

• 2013-05-23 12:40
  • vgkQ

> In reply to shweta67 @ 2013-05-23 11:06 from Hkqt - click to readHy Shweta67, howz web browsing on 2g network? Can able to open web pages quickly? Pls reply

• 2013-05-23 12:12
  • t1$E

> In reply to shweta67 @ 2013-05-23 11:06 from Hkqt - click to readHi Shweta67, howz web browsing on 2g network? Can able to open web pages quickly? Pls reply

• 2013-05-23 11:54
  • t1$J

> In reply to Gris Bleu @ 2013-05-22 23:53 from Kx6@ - click to readOkay...am using 2G...coz 3G is costly in india...do u have any idea or trick by which we can use 3G with 2G data plan? :)

• 2013-05-23 11:06
  • Hkqt

hi, you guys really reccomand this tab 2?
i am planning tobuy one. im more in to office work on the go. mostly to browse the word,excel,PPT and respond to mails...
can some one help me ?

• 2013-05-23 08:36
  • X}tM

can we use relaiance USB stick with Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100?

• 2013-05-23 07:22
  • tT}w

Dear friends, can we browse web pages at reasonable speed on 2g network? Pls answer me, i dont have 3g network in our town so i depend on 2g only.

• 2013-05-23 06:22
  • t1$G

> In reply to shweta67 @ 2013-05-22 20:54 from Hkqu - click to readI usually use astro file manager app to browse the phone storage since the default file manager doesn't provide option to check file properties in detail. Didn't notice before, instead of labeling the home directory as mnt/sdcard/--- , samsung app defines it as Root/sdcard/--- I thought /mnt/ is generic label for accessible storage in all file manager apps. But you've found it, so no problem...

My data plan also isn't unlimited, for about $3 monthly I got only 450mb broadband data + useless 150mb in 2G - useless since my provider's 2G speed here is on par with a snail. That's why I prefer opera mini for browsing or getting apps from apktop site.

• 2013-05-22 23:53
  • Kx6@

> In reply to Gris Bleu @ 2013-05-22 14:12 from KxWv - click to readAgain i cud not see anything like directory/mnt....so i directly went to sdcard and com.bluevpn and deleted the log files inside this folder :)

i dont get to use tab much as i dont carry it with me everywhere or all the time...and for typing i do need physical buttons...cant type easily on a touch screen...so it was getting costly for me to get a separate data plan for my tab since i dont use it too much and i dont have wifi :(....but yes u r right...speed is considerably slow when i use net thru bluevpn on my tab.

• 2013-05-22 20:54
  • Hkqu

> In reply to shweta67 @ 2013-05-22 11:59 from Hkqv - click to readBluevpn log files are stored in directory /mnt/sdcard/com.bluevpn/

Btw how is the speed when using internet browsing on your tab, is it as fast as when you browsing with e6? I guess there will still be a bit difference considering tab has larger display resolution which make the browser uses more kBs when loading a same page. Anyway enjoy faster browsing with tab2 and you are welcome very much...

• 2013-05-22 14:12
  • KxWv

> In reply to Gris Bleu @ 2013-05-22 10:27 from KxIC - click to read46mb???o O...how and where can i locate this file and how can i remove it bcoz for first few mins,they were enabled when i started bluevpn...and Gris i think in settings,what was needed to make it work was APN of my nokia network and nothing else...i inserted my phone number but when it did not work,i kept it as it is i.e *99# and it worked perfectly :)...yes the latest playstore is very slow and even i dont like the interface..i will revert back to the prev version as per ur instructions.

And dont worry...now that u r here,the patient one with my all queries,am not gonn stop bothering u ...thereby helping u to explore more of ur knowledge :)kidding...u r an expert already...atleast for me and the others over here u r being helpful to :)keep it up :)

• 2013-05-22 11:59
  • Hkqv

> In reply to shweta67 @ 2013-05-22 07:45 from Hkqq - click to readYes, you're right about log data, no need to enable if the app works fine. I enabled it and selected normal log option, after few hours using bluevpn my log data increased up to 46mb. A text file with this size of file, I'm not sure whether my laptop will be able to open the file. Hence I disabled it log option and remove my log file from bluevpn folder. And of course active log will reduce performance, as it keep busy in the background while we are using internet connection, browsing the net alone will force the cpu to its max speed and has to share its tasks if logger is enabled.

I could only thinking that you only need to set your nokia internet profile in bluevpn settings to make it work, that's why you found the other things that I have suggested didn't make any affect. Though I still am curious why it wasnt needed in my ICS tablet, no string at all in gprs options except the default phone number given by the app, and it worked immediately just like that.

Play store update not just make it slower, but I also don't like the new interface, all tiles and looks worse than windows tiles. To revert to prev version: settings menu - apps manager - downloaded - open Google play store then select uninstall update.

You see? a wannabe expert like me is full of error (I can confirm that it's normal), when I said A the correct answer actually was B. Luckily, you did B when I suggested to do C. Hence it works! :D

I still welcome to any queries from you, your questions also helping me to explore this tab more and more. So thanks for bothering me, really.. and have a nice day :)

• 2013-05-22 10:27
  • KxIC

I really cant believe it that this phone got no radio oh please.

• 2013-05-22 08:00
  • rvdL

> In reply to Gris Bleu @ 2013-05-21 22:32 from 6{1g - click to readYes,i read all the comments and reviews from the link u posted and got to know that this should be enabled to send error files to developer...and he has adviced to keep them disbabled if we dont face any problem since enabling them may affect the performance...
And as u said BT tethering is for the reverse case,i even disabled it and it still works...i wonder how bcoz i really have not found "use for internet access" like u mentioned in bluetooth,nokiae6...so am not sure how its working in my case...maybe its Gris magic :)...and dont worry am not gonna pester u anymore for this issue atleast since its working :)...my playstore is working too...but since the update,it has got really slow..no matter if use it with data plan or this blueVPN thing...its very slow..can i get back the previous version of playstore?it was much better than this new one.

• 2013-05-22 07:45
  • Hkqq

> In reply to sam @ 2013-05-20 20:08 from 2@Xa - click to readYes it does!
I have it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100.

• 2013-05-22 06:03
  • NyjE

> In reply to .pintu. @ 2013-05-20 13:27 from vG{A - click to readBug infected.
You need to reset it to factory settings to get rid of those apps you installed or files you downloaded containing bugs.

• 2013-05-22 06:02
  • NyjE

> In reply to nidhin @ 2013-05-21 17:06 from t1$F - click to readYes it does!
Working fine on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100.

• 2013-05-22 05:59
  • NyjE

> In reply to shweta67 @ 2013-05-21 21:02 from Hkqq - click to readAnd one other thing, regarding logger and log to file in bluevpn, just in case you still unable to make it work, you can send the error log to developer hoping for solution from him (the real experts, not from a wannabe like me :p )

• 2013-05-21 22:32
  • 6{1g

> In reply to shweta67 @ 2013-05-21 21:21 from Hkqq - click to readAha.., that finally works, really glad to hear that from you :) and just ignore my last post, I posted it before you told me that your bluevpn works... :D

Since you're only in edge connection, bluetooth 3.0 of both phones would handle the internet speed properly with no lag. My bluevpn is kinda slow even in hspa since my feature phone support only btooth 2.0.

For longer usage of this connection, I'm pretty sure it would not harm your tablet - although it is advised for not using a phone as modem frequently (the nokia in this case) as its cpu will keep running at its highest clock speed.

Certain apps maybe not working by this connection, such as speed test app or fanpic that need to check the device network status, eventhough you can browse the net. Yeah something like that, hehehe, pls don't ask me further about this, I also don't understand why it doesn't work in every cases. Well, from my own experience, beside internet browsing it also work with play store and gmail app...

~sent through bluevpn connection :j

• 2013-05-21 22:13
  • vgah

> In reply to Gris Bleu @ 2013-05-21 21:01 from 6{Yg - click to readI do not get this third option like profiles when i tap on the gear icon..it only shows me these two options...rename and unpair :(...so i thought maybe this cud be bcoz am on JB...so i enabled bluetooth tethering to see if it works and it even worked...also i did not set any phone number and kept it *99# bcoz setting mobile number did not work...this did...i just noticed that fanfic app is not working,its asking to turn mobile data on or use wifi...so was wondering if this will only work for browsers only????

• 2013-05-21 21:21
  • Hkqq
Total of 4980 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100.