Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

8.1
8.2
8.1

My 3 months old lte device is recently giving me troubles. The cellular network fails showing a cross sign then screen flickers with white lines and entire device restarts. It happens even when 3g data connection is turned off or dispaly brightness is set to auto. But i think it never happened when my device was charging or i wwas using low draining apps like reading books or playing media. What is causing this problems and how do i fix it? Note: samsung service center is off limits to me because mine was bought abroad and i dont have necessary papers.

• 2015-04-25 20:53
  • X{v5

> In reply to Revanrh @ 2015-04-25 06:39 from veSe - click to readCan this tab be used to make calls? The one I searched in price deals india says no? Can anyone clear my doubt.

• 2015-04-25 12:10
  • ITnb

This tab is simply superb..Really liked the performance,features.

• 2015-04-25 06:39
  • veSe

> In reply to lepto @ 2015-04-22 08:58 from terF - click to readYes, I too had those problem. I received an software update last night which was around 31 mb, and it seems to fix that issue. Now, my tab s t705 works great.

• 2015-04-24 17:22
  • uwy9

> In reply to Mack Alex @ 2015-04-23 09:21 from vL5x - click to readYes its good choice, great performance, great display

• 2015-04-24 10:32
  • XMcc

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-04-23 07:53 from NyjD - click to readYour just fooling yourself...10hrs huh?u must be dreaming...well i could make a tablet or phone with a bigger battery why not...stop fooling urself...its not gonna last that long while gaming and using data connectivity...were talking about heavy use....thats why the battery will never be enough. Dnt want to repeat my self again...those battery capacity was insufficient for their screen sizes..

• 2015-04-24 07:25
  • IbxC

Hello Guys, I'm not too familiar with the androids. I have to buy an android as present and is this tab really worth to give as present? I do want your opinions please.

• 2015-04-23 09:21
  • vL5x

> In reply to mj45 @ 2015-04-22 14:49 from IbxC - click to readthe battery is fair,,it will last for 8-10 hrs watching movies / browsing internet...i dont know why peaople have a lot of complains..why dont you just build your own tab in which the battery will last as per your required use????..

• 2015-04-23 07:53
  • NyjD

Guys u have to know and accept that the battery isnt enough for the screen size. It should be around 6k mah not just 4,900mah. Plus any android phone or android tablet drains battery really fast not unless it has bigger battery like the lenovo and lg. Example,They had 3,500 and 4,000mah for their 5+inch phones.thats good they lasted long. Cellphone manufacturers kept on making phones slim and thin..thats why battery life sucks...even how much they optimize thier os. Its not enough because the battery is small. Another exmple iphone5s. They say it has great standby time Because its optimized. DId we buy our phones just to standby and not use it?stupid right?truth its battery really sucks!all phone manufacturers should stop making paper thin like phones!

• 2015-04-22 14:49
  • IbxC

> In reply to dora @ 2015-04-18 15:52 from p7KQ - click to readThe tab s 8.4 is having a software bug.. if you check the battery usage... there is one app " indexServices" draining the battery very fast in the background. So you have to force stop it when the battery is being drained fast.

• 2015-04-22 08:58
  • terF

> In reply to Ang999 @ 2015-04-21 14:25 from sG{S - click to readI don't thought that you have any Tab s 8.4 or 10.5 you are just trolling

• 2015-04-21 17:58
  • Hkq3

I am on to my second of these tabs in 12 months, the first one started what can only be described as drain the battery as fast as you can, that device was 4 and a half months old. My service provider sent me a completely new one and this one out of the box developed the same issue. The only way that I have found to get more than 4 hours out of a fully charged battery is to run it in power saving mode, and turn off data and just live on my home wifi. What's the point of having 4G when you can only use it for 10 minutes at most. Very frustrated by this tab. So would NOT buy one again!!!!!

• 2015-04-21 14:25
  • sG{S

> In reply to azzuurrii @ 2015-04-06 07:47 from fv8B - click to readTry changing your settings in camera mode. Click settings and Turn "OFF" the video stabilization feature. This should remove the lag when recording in video mode.

• 2015-04-21 07:14
  • PS$f

> In reply to esan @ 2015-04-19 03:25 from YTSM - click to readi am going to have this one next month.

• 2015-04-21 06:16
  • IPe0

> In reply to misstan @ 2015-04-20 11:00 from uCn7 - click to readHi I am very sorry about your Tab. Solution, You must reset your Tab and clean all Cache data. After that you will be able to have a good use of your tab.

• 2015-04-21 06:12
  • tesq

> In reply to misstan @ 2015-04-20 11:00 from uCn7 - click to readSend to service centre.. software or board problem. Happened to me before.

• 2015-04-20 12:04
  • tufd

I face a problem, That the tab will off and on automatically very often..have internet problem also.

• 2015-04-20 11:00
  • uCn7

> In reply to esan @ 2015-04-19 03:25 from YTSM - click to readOh good I were about to ask should I go for tab s or ipad mini 3 for education purpose

• 2015-04-19 12:27
  • bxdk

I've using t705 for almost a month and I have no bad experience about it, up until I use 2 separate users. I've been experiencing some glitches and flicking of screen then my device started restarting by itself.

• 2015-04-19 11:28
  • P%uT

i have a problem with my tab s 8.4. i cannot install applications collected via xender or flashare. i keep getting the error message (There was a problem while parsing the package)
Any suggestions or solutions please?

• 2015-04-19 10:52
  • fu{0
Total of 736 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE.