2g11, 14 Dec 2011Honeycombe is SPECIFICALLY meant for tablets so u cant officially upgrade to honeycomb and fra... morethank you. i just wondered upgrading to honeycomb bcoz kies automatically detected my Ws firmware and it suggested to upgrade firmware to honeycomb so i thought it could be possible but since you say its not then id heed your thoughts. tnx
Anonymous, 14 Dec 2011hows is the camera and the battery? does android browser support full flash or a limited as by... morelol only android support full flash,rest mobile os,ios,windows,meego,symbian etc wont support full flash.anyway html5 is coming for all platform which will replace flash
gage, 14 Dec 2011That great news (if its true)! Can you post links to that news? Thx.Here's the link for the Galaxy SL story.
For the Galaxy S2 story check the headlines on this site(GSMArena)
Just to inform u all Samsung has released beta versions of Android 4.0.1 for Galaxy SL and Galaxy S2. This phone is in a similar class of hardware to Galaxy SL so update should be automatic now.
To all those who already owns this phone, what class of micro sd card should I get? This records up to 780p video so do I need to get class 6 sd card? Thanks in advance.
guys where to download hd games for free for galaxy w and how to install it.
Gabs, 14 Dec 2011The point is that by minimizing background services that you don't use, you extend the battery... morehow quickly does this phone connect to 3G internet and do the pages load fast on this connection?
Also how good is the Sat nav on the galaxy w?
glasgow lad, 14 Dec 2011if u do all that then theres no point in owning this phone?
When will people accept that mode... moreThe point is that by minimizing background services that you don't use, you extend the battery's life. Much like owning a laptop, do you keep your WLAN on even when there's no wi-fi signal around? Doesn't that extend your laptop's battery life too?
Not all people like charging everyday, and there are many instances where extending your phone's battery life is essential.
Is this phone better than Samsung Galaxy Ace?,im confused please help
hows is the camera and the battery? does android browser support full flash or a limited as by nokia brosers????????????????????????????
Gabs, 14 Dec 2011Tips to extend your batter life on Samsung Galaxy W:
1. install Advanced Task Killer, set K... moreif u do all that then theres no point in owning this phone?
When will people accept that modern phones need charged every day!
galaxycraver, 14 Dec 2011i just bought my galaxy w yesterday and i noticed how fast the battery drains... anyone recomm... moreHoneycombe is SPECIFICALLY meant for tablets so u cant officially upgrade to honeycomb and frankly I dont see the point in trying to do it at all. The battery is quite short lived but i suggest installing juice defender, it does improve your battery life (only while the phone is in standby and the screen is off). Also try to keep the seen brightness as low as u can and keep bluetooth, wifi and gps off when not in use. The free version of juicedefender only toggles 3G data in and off to save battery but the paid versions can do a lot more.
galaxycraver, 14 Dec 2011i just bought my galaxy w yesterday and i noticed how fast the battery drains... anyone recomm... moreTips to extend your batter life on Samsung Galaxy W:
1. install Advanced Task Killer, set Kill Level to Agressive and Kill Frequency to When Screen Off.
2. in Settings > Accounts and Sync, turn off Background Data.
3. in Settings > Location and Security, turn off "Use Wireless Networks" and "Use GPS satellites".
4. in Settings > Power Saving Mode, turn off all selections under "Power Saving mode settings" pane (wi-fi, bt, gps, sync). That way you have control over which connections to activate if you need them.
5. in Settings > Display, lower your brightness a little to extend more battery time.
6. upgrade your firmware. Kies will detect your phone and recommend an upgrade which is already available. The battery feature has been improved.
7. turn off your wi-fi connection when not in use. This alone will save about 5% of your batter life.
8. turn on Power Saving mode and adjust screen dim to a time most comfortable to you.
ihatestupid, 14 Dec 2011What's N8's processor speed again? N8 is 600mhz
i just bought my galaxy w yesterday and i noticed how fast the battery drains... anyone recommends how to beefup battery life... and has anyone upgraded their galaxy w gingerbread to honeycomb??? is it ok if i update to honeycomb???