Samsung Galaxy W I8150 - user opinions and reviews

8199437

7.2
7.1
6.9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-12-07 07:53 from HvX$ - click to readsorry for my ignorance, but is amoled screen makes the battery last shorter or the contrary?

• 2011-12-07 10:30
  • nNfm

i'm considering this phone.. those had bought it can i ask you 2 questions?
how is the phone quality?
and is the camera good, sample pix?

• 2011-12-07 10:30
  • IVRT

I just bought mine yesterday in white.& i can say its
a good buy. THUMBS UP!

• 2011-12-07 09:12
  • t7S$

> In reply to octavia @ 2011-12-06 21:32 from nN2g - click to readI tested my GW after I have successfully rooted it. Before, it lasts for 19 hours before it's totally juiced out with approx. 7 hours of browsing and a little music and texting. Brightness set to 50%. Yesterday, I tested it again but underclocked to 1ghz. Did the same exact thing as mentioned above and after 24 hours, battery still up at 10%. I dunno about S+ but I can only guess that it's AMOLED screen would deal a huge factor to it's battery life. Hope this helps.:)

• 2011-12-07 07:53
  • HvX$

i just buy it. It's awesome to use, there's no lag at all with a gingerbread v2.3.5 version and 1,4 Ghz processor. i had a thought that galaxy wonder would got an upgrade to ics. Can't wait for a new one!

• 2011-12-07 05:34
  • thu9

> In reply to octavia @ 2011-12-06 21:32 from nN2g - click to readSE Arc S great for Internet and great camera...

• 2011-12-07 02:31
  • m$QF

I bought this phone second hand from CEX for GBP165 in a very good condition - hardly any scratch at all! I have had the Galaxy S before (being a little brother, I had to give that one up to my older sister) and this feels certainly faster! Perhaps that is because of the 1.4GHz processor, or perhaps it is the Gingerbread 2.3.5 (that I just now upgraded to 2.3.6!) or perhaps it is the combination of both! I think the camera is good compared to the Galaxy S (LED flash vs. no flash bulb!). Maybe the only thing that lets it down is the rather small internal memory (of course can be resolved by buying a memory card - which I had put on order, as CEX did not provide me with one) and the S-LCD unit not on par as S-AMOLED of the Galaxy S. It is up to your preferences, really. But for budget conscious people - this is it!

• 2011-12-07 00:44
  • my}c

guys, i have to decide whether to buy S plus or galaxy W. I need it only for internet (browsing, Skype, email, YM, FB). I'm not a gamer, just an internet addict. and whose battery lasts longer? the S plus or the galaxy W?
thanks

• 2011-12-06 21:32
  • nN2g

GSMArena won't post my comment (apparantly if you mention their Phone Arena competitor then your message is "spam")

Anyway, I was thinking about getting this, but then I saw the Phone Arena review which said that it had bad call quality - something that I do not find acceptable in a PHONE.
(Can any owner confirm bad call quality?)

The Xperia Neo, Ray and Pro are all around the same price category, so I went for an Xperia Pro instead and am very happy with the better camera and excellent keyboard.

A relative of mine is still looking at this though, so would be interesting to know about the call quality.

PS: GSMArena - where is your review???

• 2011-12-06 16:24
  • nG25

how long the battery can stand for?

• 2011-12-06 16:21
  • tugx

> In reply to nicee @ 2011-12-06 10:50 from t7B1 - click to readhow about the LG Optimus Black. i heard news from LG that it will have the ICS update on LG Optimus Black...

• 2011-12-06 14:28
  • t7Dw

Seriously, who needs ics anyway? Gingerbread looking dull and old? go with Launcherpro Go launcher. Problem solved.

• 2011-12-06 13:52
  • HvX$

> In reply to rkoforever90 @ 2011-12-06 12:48 from t1$E - click to readthat's right. if a firmware upgrade has no real significant benefit to the user in real-world use, then there's no sense in waiting out for the next new model if one's only after the upgrade. remember, the Galaxy W is only a few months old and the hardware specs are decent, so any immediate upgrades to the firmware will be available to the phone.

• 2011-12-06 12:53
  • t7UC

ofcourse this phone will get ics update if a lesser capable phones like xperia play,xperia neo can get ics update galaxy w is good enough for it.but its true ics update really benifit only dualcore phones

• 2011-12-06 12:48
  • t1$E

> In reply to nicee @ 2011-12-06 10:50 from t7B1 - click to read...and when a new phone with ICS comes out, you hold again and wait for the next one with the newest Android upgrade once you get hold of some news. When will you stop thinking about buying a phone and actually buy one?

• 2011-12-06 11:13
  • t7UC

i fell inlove with dis phone before the specs the features etc and i want to buy it immediatly . But when i heard about android ics i start to doubt if this phone will get the updated . this phone has a gpu adreno 205 and a chipset with a qualcomm snapdragon these two was too old and slow for ics and its price here in the philippines is 17k thats almost a $400 are you kddin me ? thres a alot more better than this for its price it doesnt matter if it has a 1.4 ghz processor thats not enough to get the ics . If your planning to buy this phone thres 2things i wanna telyou . 1st wait for the samsung whethre this will get or willnt get the ics update 2nd wait for something better
but overall wat a smokin phone !

• 2011-12-06 10:50
  • t7B1

> In reply to Kimbidi @ 2011-12-05 14:38 from u7mb - click to readno , but it's big enough to save some of your photo and music without sdcard cause there is 1GB storage for app + 1,7 GB USB Storage memory to save your file + sdcard slot if you want to use it, i bought it yesterday the UI is fast and smooth moreover battery life is much longer than my ace.

• 2011-12-06 07:31
  • PBRB

> In reply to ann @ 2011-12-05 05:13 from t7Rx - click to readYes, Skype works very well.

• 2011-12-06 05:21

Dear GSMARENA team,

please make a full review of the Galaxy W asap.
Thanks in advance. :) xo

• 2011-12-06 03:53
  • P@Ti
Total of 3487 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy W I8150.