I'm using this phone for the last 3 months,its a great phone...value for money....excellent video results....but occasionally i face some problem while opening the camera....it just hangs....i have to restart the device to access the camera....why it is so....due to my busy work schedule i couldn't go to the service center to fix the problem....any advise?
Mae, 15 Jun 2012I've been using this phone for almost 3months already and it's pretty good but I have some pro... more3. even though its written connected to whatever wifi(public wifi), you will have to open up your browser and it you will be led to their mall wifi e.g. starbucks. to log in. After you follow the instructions you should be able to use the internet,fb,twitter.
In iphones, after its connected, it opens a pop-out and, you just follow as instructed.
whereas in android , the pop-out does not appear. you will have to open up the browser to lead to that pop out.
Is this a better phone than wave 3? Also can it be compared to nokia 701?
Mae, 15 Jun 2012I've been using this phone for almost 3months already and it's pretty good but I have some pro... moreHello :D
For your problems:
1) I used to have this delay when i was using the touchwiz launcher that comes with the phone. When i changed to a lighter launcher (which is ZEAM LAUNCHER) i don't have this delay anymore. My advice is to try another launcher than touchwiz because it's a heavy one.
2) The browser eats up alot of RAM. The available RAM of the phone is 351 MB. When the used memory is more than, lets say, 90%, the system closes running apps to improve performance. My second advice is to run one application at a time (other than the launcher, of course) and in the browser, try to have one page opened only.
I don't have any idea about the third point, sorry.
I'm using this phone for about 1 week, till now I have two issues about it and really they r annoying !!
first, this phone keep restarting ( rebooting ) itself, about 3 times daily. i don't know why ??? and i can't find any reason for that !!!!
the other issue is about the internal memory ,when installing a program all the data are installed on the usb storage which is only 1.7 gb , and i don't find any way to move it from the usb storage to micro sd .
i was using lg and i don't face such a problem , all the data were installed on the micro sd , and no rebooting at all .
i wonder if anyone faces these problems and if there is any way to solve them ?????
my android version is gingerbeard 2.3.6 ....can i update my galaxy w to ics value pack in india.... can anyone plz tell me abt the prcdrs for this updation ??
MEmo, 15 Jun 2012can i post,like,comment or upload any thing to the facebook with SGW ?? plz reply fast Certainly u can.. you can browse, upload, tag photos, post comments and all.. :)
why galaxy w wont be upgraded with ics while experia ray has been planned to be upgraded? they do have same processor galaxy w has faster processor same gpu same ram. i just dont get it!
can i post,like,comment or upload any thing to the facebook with SGW ?? plz reply fast
I have a problem with my Galaxy w 18150. Sometimes the person phoning will not hear any sound. Then I have to switch off the phone and then restart it. Then it starts working. Any remedy for this?
Mae, 15 Jun 2012I've been using this phone for almost 3months already and it's pretty good but I have some pro... moreI also have this phone for 2 months now.. i've downloaded many applications. I'm also experiencing the same delay when u press the back button.. but not for a minute.. it usually takes less than 10 seconds to load the home screen when u press the back menu.. for example I was browsing facebook and pressed back and back again to go to home screen.. it takes time to load the icons.. it takes less than 10-15 seconds..
This phone is really great becaUSE of it has fast wifi access and net.. i really love it.. it lags sometimes but u it's ok..
I've been using this phone for almost 3months already and it's pretty good but I have some problems. Here's some:
1. When I press the back button, It takes one minute before all of my apps/my home screen loads. I only have few apps though and I deleted some games too. And last time, I can't press my back button but it's already okay now coz I just restarted it. Any suggestion on how can I prevent from waiting for one minute to load?
2. I love surfing the net and checking my facebook twitter instag etc. Sometimes, when I already read 25 posts or 35 posts (i think?) it automatically goes back on home screen (usually on instagram and facebook). And when I use my 3g/wifi it's battery only lasts for about 3-4hours and I also use many power savings for it. And my brightness is the lowest (I don't know how to say it lol). I don't really care about the battery thingy coz I can charge anytime anywhere though, but can somebody help me with the facebook/instag problem?
3. I can't connect to some public wifis like Mall free wifis. Since I bought this, It NEVER connect to mall free wifis. AND I HATE IT, coz almost everyday I go to malls. Any idea why is this happening?
If these problems are already fixed, galaxy w. is beautiful. All in all i'll give 4stars :-)
Btw, Pardon my English! And I need replies asap :( thanks!
Anonymous, 14 Jun 2012Been using this phone for about 6 months & a half now without any problem or concern until... moreMaybe soem of the apps u install overload the RAM, i have the same problem after installing "Frontline Commando" but problem resolve once i removed it.
SzeMeng76, 14 Jun 2012what result they shown??
It just update fail?i just got an air update and it was successful...
finally android 2.3.6 value pack :)
The baseband version of my device is I8150ZSLD1 & kernel version is 126.96.36.199-perf-I8150ZSLD1 as it shows. Is it value pack version?? O_o maybe not lol ..I've tried to update via OTA but it's still not available...
Been using this phone for about 6 months & a half now without any problem or concern until yesterday..It started acting weird..it automatically restarts itself..at least once or twice a day. Have anyone experienced the same issue? Any solutions?? Your suggestion & reply would be very appreciated. thank you!