Samsung Galaxy W I8150 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.2
7.1
7.0

Does anyone experience screen randomly turning on and off after restart or even after you lock your screen. For example, my phone is in the table and i'm not doing anything to it but suddenly it randomly turns on and off for about 4 times and then it stops. Another example is after i restart my phone, after the sdcard scanning where the screen turns off, after a few seconds the screen again randomly turns on and off. Why is that?

• 2012-04-27 02:53
  • t7rC

my device driver software will not install

• 2012-04-27 00:05
  • w0Qx

Can i update to ICS?

• 2012-04-26 18:31
  • iwpB

Hai, I bring 2 month before my galaxy w
Now in one prblm. how can i remove the Opera browser, i did't remove this one!. pls help me! (also am try to manage application in settings, but no use)

• 2012-04-26 15:45
  • nCed

my brother both dis both 2 months ago and now he gave to me since the phone got problem like d back key or u want to back the application? can somebody advise me can still repair this?

• 2012-04-26 15:00
  • ibch

can somebody tell me how to change the ringtone that i want to assigned,

• 2012-04-26 14:55
  • ibch

This device is great, the processor speed puts it ahead of many other devices in its price range
The only disadvantage is the battery which only lasts for 1 day

• 2012-04-26 09:50
  • SeQZ

> In reply to Micky @ 2012-04-25 01:37 from KiCd - click to readi can do using my Galaxy W..It depends on your provider network..

• 2012-04-26 03:10
  • PA}g

> In reply to the doctor l @ 2012-04-24 11:17 from fq@m - click to readCMIIW. The Ram it is 512, but some of it was reserved for the TouchWiz. This is the reason why Samsung didn't provide ICS for Galaxy W. The RAM is not enough as already taken by resources eater TouchWiz.

Same with storage. I think all phone that mention its storage XX Gb will ended with some Gb were taken. So, this mean all phone are liar? Hiding their specs?

As far as I know, about RAM, almost all phone are the same. (I've checked with other android phone user).

• 2012-04-26 01:47
  • PFyD

> In reply to den @ 2012-04-25 08:22 from IVK3 - click to readif upgrade 4.0 risk a waranty??u meant?

• 2012-04-25 18:37
  • iben

this galaxy w can upgarde to 4.0 ice cream firmware o not?

• 2012-04-25 18:26
  • iben

> In reply to Izzy @ 2012-04-24 02:36 from Ianq - click to readyeah i think so... refer to this website http://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=1576874
but it is now stable yet... some feature on the phone may not function after upgrade to ICS

• 2012-04-25 08:22
  • IVK3

> In reply to Micky @ 2012-04-25 01:37 from KiCd - click to readIsn't it obvious that videocall function already shown on your keypad dialler ?

• 2012-04-25 07:04
  • IV8U

i alrady had this phone, but i wanna asking about videocall...can it to use videocall???

• 2012-04-25 01:37
  • KiCd

> In reply to the doctor l @ 2012-04-24 11:17 from fq@m - click to readthe logic explanation about the missing 161Mb of memory it is because i uses for the opening of the OS and other running application use by the OS. but to clarify ask the Samsung Technician or some expert on hardware/software guys.

• 2012-04-24 17:06
  • t7WL

> In reply to Yohanes @ 2012-04-24 04:47 from Kiyi - click to readit depeends on your use, but dont expect more than 7 to 8 hours talktime, knowing that I set the brightness to minimum and desactivate all sync and took all the measures of battery saving, I have to charge it twice a day of heavy use

• 2012-04-24 12:58
  • fure

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-24 09:54 from IV8U - click to readI agree with in this point of view, the price is reasonnable, but they mustnt hide its real specs, sure I won't expect more than that from a midrange phone, but my opinion was about the lies of the manufacturer, I use just a folder protector and a messenger aplication that run in the background but after restart and the use of these two apk the phone become slower and slower and worse than that the lags appear, so it's not what I was expecting when I saw 512 in RAM

• 2012-04-24 11:17
  • fq@m

> In reply to the doctor l @ 2012-04-24 01:16 from fqVC - click to readI doulb you actually own the phone, after owning the phone for 4 months never for once i need to restart the phone, the 17 hr talk time on 2G are base on manufacturer test just like fuel consumption test on car which constantly driving at 90km/hr, offcoz you can't duplicate in real world sinario, unless in controlled enviroment, same go for any other cellphone.
Hey ! it's a 300 bucks phone what do you expect, name me any other phone with the same specs selling at this price ?

• 2012-04-24 09:54
  • IV8U

> In reply to the doctor l @ 2012-04-24 01:16 from fqVC - click to readSo, how long the battery can last?
I read in internet that this phone is quiet good with the battery

• 2012-04-24 04:47
  • Kiyi

Does anyone know if this will receive an update to ICS?

• 2012-04-24 02:36
  • Ianq
Total of 3458 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy W I8150.