Samsung Galaxy W I8150 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.2
7.1
6.9

I bought a Galaxy W, but the model was SGH-T679M, not I8150. I haven't seen any I8150's advertised anywhere in Canada. The model I did buy, however, is not a quad-band as the box claimed. The first clue something was wrong was the cover of the Warranty booklet, which stated "Dual band". After back-and-forth with Samsung technical support over the past couple of days, Samsung states that the handset is dual-band only. Not very pleased that the handset was not as advertised.

• 2012-05-01 03:42
  • q}3W

> In reply to dalezander @ 2012-04-30 10:42 from t7rC - click to readI have the same issue and I already send my phone twice to the Samsung Center and now it's under observation for 2 days..

• 2012-05-01 03:08

Galaxy Ace Plus V.S. Galaxy Wonder

Galaxy Ace Plus wins by my expirience

• 2012-04-30 18:01
  • K7gN

i just bought this phone for 2 day and my battery only lasting for 6 hours..why??

• 2012-04-30 16:37
  • sF$7

> In reply to dalezander @ 2012-04-30 10:42 from t7rC - click to readIt's still frustrating nonetheless. What really bugs me is the oil slick I have on the center of my screen. I notice that it's now somewhat smaller but I'm still annoyed by it.

• 2012-04-30 14:08
  • K7gS

> In reply to Ajumma @ 2012-04-29 18:02 from K7gM - click to readi think were not experiencing the same problem coz mine happen when my phone is in idle. i mean after the screen is locked or turned off. that is when it randomly turns on and off for about 4 to 5 times.

• 2012-04-30 10:42
  • t7rC

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-27 06:21 from IV8U - click to readlike what application? i have like 80 plus apps installed in my galaxy w. it only happens 4 or 5 times then it stops turning on and off

• 2012-04-30 10:40
  • t7rC

> In reply to dalezander @ 2012-04-27 02:53 from t7rC - click to readI'm having the same problems too. It usually happens when I'm playing games or opening apps. And a while ago an oily area suddenly appeared in the center of my SG Wonder. WTF is this sh*t?? Does anyone here having the same issue??

• 2012-04-29 18:02
  • K7gM

the best!!!!!!!!!

• 2012-04-29 14:44
  • nChL

> In reply to Wonder1 @ 2012-04-27 08:41 from tUrx - click to readHey there :D
for 5.1 to be working on this phone, three things should be done:
1) headphones connected.
2) Equalizer (in music settings)is set to normal.
3) 'Sound effects' (in music settings) is set to normal.

Enjoy the charming 5.1 effect :)

• 2012-04-29 10:25
  • gIDM

> In reply to mohib haddad @ 2012-04-28 12:31 from fmjG - click to readYou are answering your own question if you have a better choice, for 300 bucks you can't a better deal.
Do you have a hearing problem ? Or your caller have speech problem ? maybe your network provider signal is weak in your area, I never experienced can't understand word from ear piece, isn't headphone quality determine the sound ? There are so many way to adjust the brightness of the screen, maybe you to have eye sight problem as well, poor thing get a monochrome dumb phone for senior citizen, perhaps that would solved your problems.

• 2012-04-28 18:23
  • PS6s

> In reply to carl221 @ 2012-04-28 12:06 from thgK - click to readBecause everybody else is having Android 2.3.6 like you.

• 2012-04-28 18:09
  • PS6s

did you check the quality of the music guys? im experiencing lag issue while playing. pleeeease help. thanks guys

• 2012-04-28 15:49
  • wHrS

Excuse me, I would like to question, What phone would you likely recommend, I am about to buy a phone in the Philippines, tell me, what phone is better, Lg Optimus Black or Samsung Galaxy Wonder? Tnx! :)

• 2012-04-28 13:11
  • t7Tn

this phone have touchwiz?

• 2012-04-28 12:41
  • PSPr

The galaxy w is a phone that does not look attractive.
With the same hardware if put in a better housing it would have attracted more people.
The screen is 3.7 TFT LCD which I did not find special. Its is not bright enough, SC LCD is much better, and in sunlight it is washed out.
Sound quality of the phone is really bad. Sometimes I can not understand the words said in the earpiece. Handsfree sound is a disaster.
The phone is fast and Android is OK.
Battery life if 3g or Wifi on is about 6 hours with moderate usage, not good.

If I had the choice now, I wouldnt buy it.

• 2012-04-28 12:31
  • fmjG

why my galaxy w android version is 2.3.6??

• 2012-04-28 12:06
  • thgK

Can anyone tell me ,why every time i try to log in to facebook or gsmarena using my galxaxy W, after i type www.gsmarena.com and it will autoatic change to m.gsmarena.com. This make me tired, can anyone help me..

• 2012-04-28 09:19
  • uCnK
Total of 3487 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy W I8150.