Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.5
5.4
5.4

i am presently using this phone for last 13 days(kolkata,India).over all nice phone but i am facing one prob. Like when my phone is locked in pattern mode after few minutes on standby locked mode my phone fails to register or i say receive incoming call. But once my phone is out of screen lock it behaves normally for incoming calls. Anybody here facing such a wiered problem ? Or it my hardware problem, i dont know exactly. I am going to samsung service centre very soon for this specific prob on standy lock mode. I googled for this type of prob and found that its issue in gingerbread for leading brands like HTC droid. I am new to android os . Does any one here have any idea. I had done one system restore but its of no help.I use aircel sim card.

• 2011-11-08 12:03
  • Xuge
  • The Lightning Tiger
  • Rating0

Hey guys... I'm really happy about getting this phone. The battery sucks but u can't ask for a better quality phone than this for a price tag it's got... But I really wanna some good games for the phone. Arcade mostly. Can u guys help me out? Thank u..

• 2011-11-08 11:30
  • PBB8

i got this phone couple of days back everthing seems to be fine till now even i can browse sites except it doesnt allow me to setup my google accounts (Gtalk, Gmail etc) as it gives me the below error

"Cannot establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your sim card may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues call customer care".

Pls help, thanx in advance.

• 2011-11-08 10:18
  • waVN

Very cheap to own, i wonder of the Quality

• 2011-11-08 09:24
  • fmPE

Request to galaxy owners:
(1)Please tell me is the resolution really very poor.
I own nokia 3110c. I hope resolution of galaxy y is better than it. Can anyone tell me about its resolution in comparison to nokia 3110c or Q2(micromax) or samsung wave s533. I am planning to buy this phone. This would be my first samsung and also first android phone.
The only factor that is stopping me is the doubt about resolution. I'm not expecting high clarity like in galaxy models costing around 12k but it should not be ugly as of nokia 3110c.
(2) Can i connect internet on my laptop via this phone, i.e. can it be used as modem such as most nokia phones.
I request samsung galaxy y owners to clarify my doubt and suggest me that should i go for it?
*Camera and hd games are not my priority.

• 2011-11-08 09:11
  • fCWZ

This phone is full of features, all the features shows fade because one things missing (front camera)

Regards

Hamid Ali

• 2011-11-08 09:02
  • KhvU

> In reply to ddd @ 2011-11-07 12:59 from 2@6m - click to readfrnd u just formet your phon and sd card then u will not feel this problem

• 2011-11-08 08:31
  • uv$e

> In reply to custardx16 @ 2011-11-08 06:25 from vaNH - click to readCan you confirm that this phone only last for 2 hours if the data is ON?

How long it takes to charge?

Thank you.

• 2011-11-08 06:46
  • tA$Z

Dear samsung galaxy Y Fans, lot's of user asked about its battery life. So i got this mobile last month- really battery is very worst. Trust me guys if i fully charge and use 3g continues battery last for exactly 1 hour 40 minutes in 2g network it comes for 2 hour. LOL :D and if i don't use internet , and listen music in headphone then it comes for 3 hour 30 minutes. Its battery drains very fast while using internet .. In standby (without using ) it goes for 13 hours. . My own experience and tested. . Performance is excellent sometimes rarely hangs:(

• 2011-11-08 06:35
  • YQBF

> In reply to legy @ 2011-11-08 06:07 from tA$Z - click to readif i can afford to buy a wildfire s i'll go for it or an lg optimus net p690. but i have no complaint with this phone, just don't expect too much.

• 2011-11-08 06:25
  • vaNH

> In reply to rahul navani @ 2011-11-08 04:24 from vGY3 - click to readsome applications are saved by default to the phone memory while some can be moved to the sd card. you can move apps manually via the phone's application settings or by using app2sd which you can get from the android market

• 2011-11-08 06:13

> In reply to neeraj @ 2011-10-08 10:59 from s89V - click to read@neeraj

1 - 2 hours with data on? Are you joking man? If someone can confirm this I will go to wildfire s or x8 maybe x10.

• 2011-11-08 06:07
  • tA$Z

> In reply to rahul navani @ 2011-11-08 05:07 from vGY3 - click to readyes it supports live wallpapers which also drains the battery faster

• 2011-11-08 06:06
  • vaNH

> In reply to Dev @ 2011-11-07 07:52 from utYX - click to readno front camera man

• 2011-11-08 05:59
  • PTia

> In reply to mealazarte @ 2011-11-08 03:15 from Mfxa - click to read@mealazarte

Please post again when you charge the phone and please be honest how long it "actually" takes on charging.

Thanks

• 2011-11-08 05:52

> In reply to trysri @ 2011-11-07 06:18 from 2T96 - click to read@trysri

Wow is it? My friend use X8 (I install the froyo for him) and only need 45 mins to charge. With regular usage (twitter and facebook) battery last for 24 - 30 hours. For heavy usage (always using the phone nonstop) it last for 6 - 7 hours.

Music listening (80% volume) with headset took about 4% of the battery an hour with data ON.

I'm considering this phone or x8 as my secondary... Looking at the spec this phone better on processor, and multi touch. X8 has better screen density, video @30fps and camera.

And I'm worried about the charging.. It took so long reading from your reviews.

• 2011-11-08 05:43
  • tA$Z

> In reply to MOLOI @ 2011-11-07 06:58 from 9xHa - click to readTurn on the phone, then touch the screen that's how to use this phone LOL LOL

• 2011-11-08 05:34
  • tA$Z

does it support live wallpapers??

• 2011-11-08 05:07
  • vGY3

> In reply to shawki @ 2011-11-07 19:06 from U@Sd - click to readno it is not having front camaera.

• 2011-11-08 04:25
  • 2ZhF

can the applications be downloaded in the internal memory or they can b stored in the external also? if yes plz explain how?

• 2011-11-08 04:24
  • vGY3
Total of 16445 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360.