Samsung Galaxy Young S6310 - user opinions and reviews

6.6
6.4

• 2014-10-21 03:29
  • th6I

I live in Fiji and I'm 16. Do you think this phone would suit me as for my age. I'm thinking of buying it sometime soon. I think it's a really cool phone, that's why i want to buy it.

• 2014-10-18 00:39
  • YU8I

hay guyes have you any idea how to download a whole movie from this handset please reply.........

• 2014-10-12 15:20
  • Y}K4

> In reply to tk @ 2014-03-05 11:47 from y@Zk - click to readif i root my cellphone. the 2gb user available will remove and will become 4gb? or not?

• 2014-10-07 13:02
  • v0qT

its a gud phn with descent spec. im using it for an year now and phn has not let me down. there is a problem that the apps can only b installed only in the internal storage. but the thing with android is that if v root the device then v can forget the problem of apps on internal storage and also any other annoying stuff

• 2014-10-04 07:55
  • utVj

> In reply to Donna11 @ 2014-09-11 22:26 from LB2Q - click to readBeacause when you download on play store it will go on internal storage not in ur sd card.. so better u to do is downloading apps in mobegenie.. so u cant move ur apps apk to ur sd card.. before u install it

• 2014-09-29 09:25
  • 0mjE

I've had this phone for about a year now. This is my first smartphone and the device itself is a reasonable introduction in the world of all-touchscreen phones.

The screen is quite small and therefore not really comfortable for video playback or other kinds of graphical entertainment. However, videos run nicely and the display quality is superb for its size.

I don't use it for gaming as I have always found touchscreen gaming to be awkward and dumbed down because of the implicit limitations.

I run a fair amount of useful apps on it, like Google Maps (runs a bit slow and will drain your battery quickly if you use it for long-term GPS navigation), Google Sky Maps (very accurate due to the GPS hardware), Facebook and Facebook Messenger, gStrings (guitar tuning, very accurate), Wikipedia, Yahoo! Messenger, Gmail, Pushbullet, Google+, Google Hangouts, Google Photos (automatically backs up the photos I take with the phone's camera), Google Chrome, AccuWeather, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, Dropbox, a number of banking applications and other miscellaneous apps.

Facebook Messenger runs ok, though will often run somewhat lagged. Facebook itself runs ok. At one point, I was talking to someone on the phone (had it on speaker) while editing a *.ppt file in King Office, after which I sent it via email to the person I was talking to. No trouble whatsoever, it does its job.

Web page will load relatively quick, depending on the load. Image-heavy and flash-laden pages will take a longer time to load, during which the phone might become unresponsive to user input. Forum usage (phpBB, IPB, vBulletin) and general googling are a breeze.

Unfortunately, the phone always feels underpowered. Even cycling through home screens will sometimes be choppy. Storage-wise, it doesn't allow installing apps on an external card, so you're pretty much limited by its modest internal memory. You'll often find yourself not wanting to update apps due to a shortage of storage memory. Clean Master is a must for keeping junk (cache) files and RAM memory usage at bay. An external card is however highly recommended for just about everything else, i.e. photo / video / audio storage.

That being said, there have been - I shit you not! - COUNTLESS occasions in which this phone made the difference between OH YEAH and bust for me. Got me out of horrible back roads, provided tech info on correctly reassembling an automotive brake pump, crisply tuned my instruments in poor acoustic conditions and so on.

Battery lasts just over 24 hours with WiFi, Mobile Data, Screen Rotation, Sync and Sound functions permanently switched on. Turning them off dramatically increases battery life.

Photo quality is very good for what it's got. Video quality is quite pleasant too. Use its photo / video capturing abilities for quick snapshots and I-really-need-to-film-this-for-some-reason video recording and you'll be more than satisfied, then come back with your heavier DSLR / dedicated camera if you need a pro shot for the album.

In the end, cost and performance considered, it's a budget device and I'd only recommend it as a starter phone for youngsters (they need good eyes for this screen) who haven't had a smartphone before and can't afford spending too much on one. As long as they'll use it primarily as a phone and as an aid for their daily activities (not as a gaming platform), it's gonna be ok. Need some quick directions towards some place? Need a fast translation or want to keep in touch with Facebook friends? It will do that without a problem. Judicious management of your apps is key. Uninstall everything non-essential, this is not a device able to afford luxuries.

I now feel that I've outgrown the phone and I need something faster and with a larger display. The Lenovo A536 or Nokia 630 might just be the next natural step.

• 2014-09-28 00:27
  • nye0

you can root dis phone its dis is a nice phone

• 2014-09-27 05:16
  • t7{1

i drop my phone and the screen got damage where can i get a screen to buy

• 2014-09-26 21:37
  • LKnG

I bought this phone and it has a have a very low batery and you cant root it.

• 2014-09-21 11:41
  • 0UTM

> In reply to MaRtYy @ 2014-09-14 15:57 from nTde - click to readWhat do you expect for such a cheap phone?

• 2014-09-19 21:34
  • H5Bg

low battery

• 2014-09-17 13:01
  • KSth

> In reply to MaRtYy @ 2014-09-14 15:57 from nTde - click to readAnd like you didn't know that before you bought it...

• 2014-09-16 16:23
  • 3q}m

Weak phone with poor performance.Bad for games.Slow.Really bad battery.Small screen.Bad camera.DONT BUY IT!

• 2014-09-14 15:57
  • nTde

> In reply to Donna11 @ 2014-09-11 22:26 from LB2Q - click to readu hav to download it on sd card

• 2014-09-14 10:34
  • 7tUu

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-04 01:42 from fmWv - click to readDo not hesitate go for it.
Its of the best Dual SIM latest featured smartphone in the market. I am using it for last 1 1/2 years now its serve all cyber requirement with great performance.

• 2014-09-12 09:44
  • 2ZYA

my samsung has a 32GB micro sd card but to download apps from the play store it says insufficient storage. why?

• 2014-09-11 22:26
  • LB2Q
  • F

I cannot open google play on my phone because connection timed out :(

• 2014-09-10 02:59
  • vaN}

Agree with previous reviewer, response is a little slow as it's not a high end smartphone. Battery life no worse than any other smartphone. I like Jelly Bean better than Kit Kat as a system. The only true way to preserve battery life on these devices is to switch off Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and GPS when not needed. Working quite well on T-Mobile in UK and is managing my usual apps OK. Go Keyboard provides a good alternative to the Samsung keyboard as it has vibration response, and I wish you could customize alerts better but that can be done via a third party messaging app. All in all a decent hand sized phone.

• 2014-09-06 23:44
  • LaR1
Total of 1755 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Young S6310.